Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Here's how much you should spend on your wedding

Emilie, on October 10, 2016 at 05:07 Posted in WeddingWire 0 21

Hi community Smiley heart

I'm so glad you took this test and made to the end!! You must be quite curious to know how much you'll have to spend to make this day your best day ever while staying within your budget.

Remember that these values are quite approximate, they can always change! So here it goes:

Majority of A

Less than 5000$

You can have a simple wedding that won't make it any less special and perfect for the two of you. An intimate wedding with your closest family and friends is all you need to be happy on your big day. You can manage to stay within budget and make things specials with a few DIYs.

Majority of A

Majority of B

Between 5000$ and 10,000$

This day is a very special day for you and you want it to be different from any other celebration, so you must have a few elements that will make it what you actually want. If you're organized and know what you want, you can definitely stay within your budget!

Majority of B

Majority of C

10,000$ - 20,000$

You're ready to break the piggy bank for your wedding! Although you might want to have most services included in your wedding, you also want to give your special touch on different elements to make your wedding unique and special! The details you invest in will definitely be unforgettable!

Majority of C

Majority of D

20,000$-30,000$

Believe it or not, the average amount Canadians will spend on their wedding is between 20,000$ and 30,000$, so if you have a majority of D, you're around the average. Maybe this is a little more than you expected spending originally, but you certainly won't regret it, the results will be spectacular! Smiley smile

Majority of D

Majority of E

More than 30,000$

This is a wedding that will most probably reach royal perfection! You always dreamed of this big wonderful day and you're ready to invest to have what you always dreamed of and make this day the most special ever! The best services, the most magical venues, everything will be absolutely perfect!

Majority of E

Did you like the test? I'm very curious to know what results you got! Is it close to the budget you had planned? Smiley smile Leave your comments!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Matilda, on September 25, 2023 at 18:02
  • Matilda
    Featured June 2025 Ontario
    Matilda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Majority E but our parents will be paying for our wedding
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Majority E we are lucky our parents and grandparents will be paying for our wedding
  • Stephanie
    Featured February 2024 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Majority of A, under 5K
  • A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    D. I shouldn’t have been in charge of budget 😬 our budget was 25. And now we’re at 31. I’ve been trying to cut things out that just aren’t that important to cut our costs!
    I never thought about tips and gratuity when I picked my vendors so I suggest brides to keep that in mind when picking big vendors like catering and venue!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This budget aligns with the budget we gave ourselves.

• Tina
    Devoted February 2018 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Majority is B and a little bit of C

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I only juuuust had more B's to make it the right category that fits my budget Smiley xd

• Leanne
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am aiming to be less than $12000 all in. Hopefully I can find my dream dress at one of the pop up sales... fingers crossed of course.And hopefully we can find something at a suitable price for venue. We view a place on Friday that will total about 5200 (with officiant), and food for our guests. Another place on Saturday, that will be about 4800. And we have to set up another tour for somewhere else!
  • A
    Curious August 2017 Alberta
    Ami Stensrud ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've been using the budget tool and we're sitting around $5000 for everything all together.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Larissa Smiley heart

I know what you mean! There are definitely a lot of extras adding on in the end. It's super important to ask our vendors about those. Did you end up hiring that photographer in the end?

I'm so happy to hear your parents are helping you out! You should check out this discussion by Nelly:

What I learned: Wedding is a family affair

Would you say that your situation has been similar?

• Larissa
    Newbie May 2017 Alberta
    Larissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are using the my budget tool it was really just the photographer and my knowledge of not knowing the price and then our super affordable. Amazing photographer moving across the country that put us way over budget. And the fact that it's all this little extras that when I talked to people originally the price has gone up.our parents are paying for the wedding just because the last year was really a tough one. Though I do have money put away.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Donna Smiley heart

I totally agree with Melissa. In the end your wedding is supposed to be your big day to celebrate your love together and share with the people you love most!

It's important to make a first approximate budget and see how much you can actually spend on your wedding to later break it down into the different services you will hire. You'll see that the tools on this website can be really useful for that!

My Budget

And don't forget, this shouldn't be a stressful moment and shouldn't have too much impact on how you choose to live your every day during your preparations. So make a list of must haves like Melissa once suggested and I think you'll find it very useful Smiley smile

Calling all budget minded brides!

Must haves and must not haves

You should also have a look at this discussion, many brides exchanged very useful ideas in here:

How are you paying for your wedding?

What step are you at in your preparations? Are you staying within your budget so far?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Eartha Smiley heart

It's totally normal to dream big! You should keep doing so, in this case it really helps to have a list of must haves to make sure you have what you want, but also to let go on things that are not so essential. Smiley winking

Melissa does have some really good tips too! I like her suggestion and you should have a look at her discussions to see more of her ideas!

Must haves and must not haves

And have you had a look at the My Budget tool? You could find it really useful to plan and follow your costs. I also made this budget breakdown, which you could get a few ideas from in planning your budget:

Does you wedding budget breakdown look like this?

How are your preparations going? What have you been up to lately? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Larissa! Smiley heart

In that case I think you're making a good choice to go for a few DIYs. You should also watch out for the great deals around you and also plan well how much everything is going to cost! Are you using the My Budget tool? I think you'll find it really useful! Smiley smile

You should have a look at these discussions to find out more tips from other brides:

How are you paying for your wedding?

Does you wedding budget breakdown look like this?

What venue did you choose for your wedding? Have you been staying within your budget so far?

• Larissa
    Newbie May 2017 Alberta
    Larissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yikes! Majority of C's and some D's and my original budget was $6000
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm sure you could find creative ways to keep you costs down to create a "buffer" between your lower budget and top end, this this makes you nervous.

What kind of plans have you made already? Have you booked with some vendors?

• Eartha
    Devoted April 2017 Ontario
    Eartha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My answers were mostly D Smiley atonished

It is still within budget but that is more towards to the top of our budget

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Try to remember- its not about the money you spend, just the special day you create! Don't let the pressure to spend a fortune get to you! The wedding industry makes a lot of brides feel like they need to over spend to keep up with everyone else; don't fall for this!

I had to take a step back this week and remind myself of this. Wedding is about your love and commitment! Not about how much you can impress people by getting into debt!

• Donna
    Devoted August 2017 Quebec
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Majority of C's. I knew it will come to this but I am a little scared haha

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All Bs and Cs - which is right around our budget. We are being careful to give and take to ensure we don't exceed what we can reasonably spend

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like this test and I believe most answers were in C. That does fall within our budget range as we are being very mindful not go over budget.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics