Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut

Bianca, on January 13, 2019 at 16:13

Posted in Wedding fashion 169

Hello fellow brides-to-be! We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search. I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to...

Hello fellow brides-to-be!

We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search.

I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to look back on to remind myself that no, I'm not regretting not going with the thin-strapped lace dress that poofed out WAY too much.

The mermaid silhouette does NOT suit mecfb_40245.jpg

The one that needed way to much work to make it workcfb_40243.jpg

Or the thin-strapped number that did NOTHING for me

cfb_40235.jpg

So post those dresses that you didn't end up loving! I think it would be fun to share what we didn't go with!

169 Comments

• Catherine
    Frequent user July 2020 Quebec
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went dress shopping twice. In my first visit this was the favorite among my friends, although i didn't feel very bridal in it. I ended up going with a boat neck, off white satin dress.

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 1
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on so many dresses... hahah & the dress I chose looks nothing like any of these

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 2

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 3

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 4

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 5
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ugh that’ll teach me to not post on here. I wanted my face off all of them but I guess I didn’t edit the one photo. And there’s no delete 🤦🏻‍♀️. Very frustrating.
  • Paige
    Frequent user June 2019 Manitoba
    Paige ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man I had so many that I was like yuuuck lol. I also ended up hating sleeves and necklines I thought I’d love. I did love the silhouette I thought I would though.

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 6

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 7

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 8
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The dress that ended up being "the one" for me is the same style I envisioned myself selecting; however, the first fitting that I went to had me contemplating mermaid more than I already was as a second choice because it made me look taller. Ultimately I found that while it's a beautiful style, something with more body (like what I went with) made me feel more like a bride.

I didn't take any pictures during my fittings (except I have a picture of the dress I chose on the hanger).

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really wanted a dress with straps! I tried on several and then decided for a strapless. I loved the strapless look more! This was my second choice dress

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 9
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a dress that was picked off the rack for me. I was so excited that it fit that even though I absolutely knew it was not my dress it made me feel great to be wearing it!

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 10
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I didn’t take photos of me in any dresses, but it came down to 5 Truvelles, 2 got cut kind of instantly bc I found them to have too much fabric. 3 made my follow up appointment cut.

I didn’t love the neckline or bodice on Alix even though it was my mother’s favourite one.
    I loved the look and feel of Pamela but didn’t like how the texture didn’t show up in photos.
    I spent a week obsessing about the embossed lace pattern of and feel on Annie and even got my mother to agree with me.

Plus size options are limited in Toronto, so I’m so glad to have found something that I liked.
  • Casey
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Casey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh man where to begin! I was at my appointment for almost 3 hours, so I tried on a ton of dresses, and honestly I didn’t take pictures in any of them except the one I bought!
    But here are some of the ones I tried on. Oddly enough I had screenshot half of these and brought them to the salon and ended up hating them once they were on me!

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 11

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 12

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 13

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 14

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics