Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut

Bianca, on January 13, 2019 at 16:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 1 169

Hello fellow brides-to-be!

We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search.

I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to look back on to remind myself that no, I'm not regretting not going with the thin-strapped lace dress that poofed out WAY too much.

The mermaid silhouette does NOT suit meDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 1

The one that needed way to much work to make it workDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 2

Or the thin-strapped number that did NOTHING for me

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 3

So post those dresses that you didn't end up loving! I think it would be fun to share what we didn't go with!

169 Comments

Latest activity by Leandra, on August 1, 2023 at 10:48
  • L
    Featured June 2024 Ontario
    Leandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Holyyyyy everyone looks so good in the dresses they didn’t choose I can’t imagine how beautiful the ones they did choose are!!!

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 4
    This was the style exactly what I pictured myself liking with more of a sweetheart neckline but it didn’t do anything for me!
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 5
    Same with this one
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 6This one surprised me- not a style I thought I’d like!! My sister (MOH) actually picked this one for me to try. Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 7
    Tried on a different style, didn’t really love it but wanted to try a form fitting one! Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 8
    This one was runner up…only thing I wasn’t loving was the mesh on the back and front. I wanted strapless! Surprised by how much I loved the simple look.

Ahhhh can’t wait to wear my dress for real! 318 days 😂
  • H
    Curious May 2024 Ontario
    Heather ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are two that I tried on that I really liked but didn't end up getting. I tried on others but I don't have pictures.
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 9

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 10

• Jordyn
    Curious July 2023 Manitoba
    Jordyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 11
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 12

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 13

So much fun !
  • Molly
    Ontario
    Molly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow you look so stunning in these dresses. I love the more traditional looks, but they don't seem to work for me. I think I'm going to try a Nadine Merabi dress for a more modern/figure hugging look.

Edited by WeddingWire
  • Stacey Tc
    Devoted August 2022 Saskatchewan
    Stacey Tc ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Tried on about 20 but these are the only others I have pictures of.

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 14Too flowy princessy for me

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 15
    Didn't like the bodice
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 16stunning but too expensive and needed too much work.
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 17
    Close second but was an off the rack and too small.
  • Meghan
    Devoted September 2022 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried this dress on twice as it was originally a top contender along with the one I said yes to but once i put it on the second time I realized the I didn't love it as much as I thought I did and chose the one I said yes to

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 18

• Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 19
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 20

These are the dresses that I don’t go with it! But there’s more 😁😁😍
  • Ashlee
    Newbie July 2022 Alberta
    Ashlee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 21
    I LOVED this dress but I chose the one I felt the most comfortable and beautiful in. I would want to lose about 10 pounds in order to feel fully confident in this skin tight one
  • Angie
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was a close runner up, it was gorgeous but I didn't get that feeling that it was the one. I know I made the right decision with my dress and I can't wait to wear it.Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 22

• Kristen
    Devoted May 2021 British Columbia
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

hehe the last one you posted is the one I said yes too!! It was at Luz! you could have tried it on there with all the others! Smiley tongue I can't wait to wear it!

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 23

• Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yea I tried this dress on at David's Bridal, but at the Edmonton location. It is such a nice dress!
  • Kallei
    Beginner September 2020 Alberta
    Kallei ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    The dress with the belt and floral embellishments is my dress!! Is this the David’s bridal in Calgary? I love the dress so much lol
  • Kristen
    Beginner October 2021 Ontario
    Kristen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I was SO close to going with the dress with the sleeves! I kind of miss it, but it was over budget and felt more like ‘winter’ than fall for our wedding.
  • T
    Curious July 2020 Ontario
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 24
    One of the few I tried that were pretty, but not the one! We wanted something blingier and sparkly all around Smiley smile
  • K
    Frequent user October 2020 Ontario
    Kara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 25 I loved the pattern & the colours of this one. It was also VERY cost effective. I thought it was so simple and pretty. But this was the first one I tried on in my search, and I didn’t get “the feeling” so I kept shopping... but something about it was just so cute!!! I really wanted to buy a “not white” dress...but I felt it didn’t do much for me. Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 26 Not something I picked- but I fell in love with the crepe material. It was so flowy and comfortable. I was determined to stay away from a “pouffy cupcake” dress, so I loved this.... but, I wasn’t big on the neckline and the floral appliqué. It’s not my style. But I was surprised at how much I liked it.

I ended up choosing a Stella York ivory gown. Structured top with see through parts and a flowy a-line tulle skirt. And again. Totally not what I imagined, but I got allllllll the feels when I put it on!!! Even though it wasn’t a blush dress...lol
  • Marissa
    Frequent user October 2021 Alberta
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 27
    For this dress, I really loved the polka dots and floral patterns, but I wasn't big on the sleeves or neckline. Also was pricey.Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 28This one my moh wanted me to try on. It's pretty just not the skirt I'm looking for and not planning to wear a belt.Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 29I liked the floral embellishments, the colour, and long sleeves, however I wasn't into the neckline. I wanted a bit more puffiness, but I know that could have been easily added.
    The other pictures I'm too self conscious to post because I'm making weird faces haha ut this was one other than didn't make the cut. I thought the mesh on the neckline looked too dark and didn't match my skin tone, but maybe that could have been changed.Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 30
  • Gloria
    Expert October 2022 Ontario
    Gloria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 31 Let me start by saying I loved this dress... BUT not as the one... I wanted something simple for my second dress but didn’t want to spend and additional $6000 on a second dress lol. While I loved this one it felt too plain for me to use a THE dress lol. From Kleinfields
  • Jennifer
    Beginner August 2022 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here are a couple of my rejects:
    I wasn’t sure what I wanted, so I went to a sample sale (where I didn’t need an appointment for, just to try to figure out what I would like. I ended up finding something I liked for 50% off... yay, but these aren’t it)Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 32 This dress, was just fun to play with. You could lift up the sides and create wings (of sorts). It has a weird invisible neckline though)

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 33 The material was amazing and so comfortable, but it just didn’t suit me. (Plus it emphasized my belly too much. Lol)
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 34 This one fit me a lot better, but there just wasn’t anything exceptional about it.
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 35Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 36This one is the closest one to the one I chose, I didn’t expect to like this one, but it was a runner up. Mine is a sweetheart neckline and sheath dress
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is definitely my favourite on you, so I can just imagine how gorgeous the dress you picked is!

• Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My #1 runner up surprised me because I didn't think I liked an illusion neck, and there was no lace on the train which had been a key point for me... but once I put it on I knew it could be the one.
    Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 37
  • Cash
    Curious May 2022 British Columbia
    Cash ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had a few rejects before I finally found the one! I went in to my appointment thinking that I would be totally dwarfed by a fuller skirt since I'm quite small, but also hating the idea of wearing a mermaid (which the consultants kept putting me in because I "have the bum for it")
    I realized quickly that the only reason I liked a lot of them was the train! My yes dress is an A-line sweetheart neck ballgown with a cathedral train. Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 38
    (Ignore my very overwhelmed, end of appointment face, I thought this was THE ONE solely because of the train... thank GOD I slept on the decision) Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 39Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 40Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 41Pockets! But decided this gorgeous gown just didn't have the lace aspect I so adored. Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 42My bum looked great, but the rest of me looked... not so great in this style. Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 43#2 runner up
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tried on the top one too. It was a strong no for me. I didn't even come out of the dressing room

• Brittany
    Devoted August 2019 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley smile

My mom does'nt like this one either haha. But I went shopping without her.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so gorgeous and I love how it's everything you wanted in a dress! Seriously so beautiful!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome! Glad you found the one that felt right. It's kinda silly how a dress can make you so happy, but I think its envisioning that day, and the importance behind it. It's what you'll be wearing when you say yes to your FH. So it has to make you feel just as special!

Yeah I couldn't stop smiling when I found mine.

Mhm the champagne is awesome. I love that it's not white. I really didn't want white.

It's similar to the first one but a much larger train...

Initially I said I would prefer a blush/champagne, lace, something in between A-Line to ballgown, and I wanted a sweetheart with the plunging neck. So this pretty much hit the nail on the head lol. It's technically a ball gown.. but I love that it gives shape without being a huge puff.

Dress FrontDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 44

Dress BackDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 45

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those mermaid styles are beautiful but I feel like it would be challenging to pee in if you have big curves (it was a quick "no" for me too).

Aw thanks! I was SO close to getting the second dress, but something just didn't feel right. I ended up going with an A-line V-neck that just made me happy and had most of what I initially wanted in a dress Smiley smile

So yours is a champagne colour? That's amazing! What silhouette did you go with? Is it what you envisioned yourself in?

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

What sort of style did you end up choosing?!

Urgh my mom wanted me in a mermaid so bad. I don't remember how many times I had to tell her I want to be able to breath, and dance. Lol

The second dress looked beautiful on you, but yeah sometimes they are more work then they are worth for sure!

• Brittany
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The first one actually really surprised me on. I didn’t think I’d like it at all. But I did. But it was just too reserved for me. The second I just didn’t find did anything for my shape. The third was really close to being the one. I loved it. And it was super fun. But my mom wasn’t a fan. I ended up finding the one with a more classic silhouette and lace. But still fun with a plunging v and the colour is like a blush/champagne. It was closer to what I initially said I wanted. I still sometimes think about the 3rd dress. Even though I absolutely love mine 😂

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 46

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 47

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 48
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah, I completely understand. I reached the top of my budget with one dress that I loved but had to walk away from (also, it was a dark ivory and my mom hated that).

• T
    Newbie December 2019 Ontario
    Tessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I'm in love with the one I chose. 😍
  • Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you for all the support in my dress decision! So, all of the pics ended up being runners up...lol.

The one with the long sleeves I actually bought at a sample sale right after getting engaged...and now have to sell it.

I found another dress from MoriLee's Julietta collection that I saw online and knew right away when I saw it that it was the one. (This was late Thursday night...and Friday was my deadline as it was the six-month mark before the wedding.) Just like the Kosette dress, I wasn't able to try it on as a sample, but Cecilia at The Bridal Centre in Calgary was amazing, pulling a dress with a similar neckline and one with a similar colour and shape.

I'm super-excited now and can't wait for the dress to come in so I can wear it!!

For those still on the hunt, the shift for me was realizing that I was trying to find a dress that I thought I 'should' buy being an older bride and this being my second wedding. What I really wanted was something that made me want to twirl and have fun. I fought it until just this week. So, my unsolicited advice, figure out what makes YOU happy. Not what you think you 'should' do, not what your mother/friend/sister/father etc. want...what you want. Even if it does fly against tradition or societal expectations.

Thank you all again for your support as I struggled through this for the past five months! I appreciate you and this community!

(I'm not showing the dress to anyone other than my mom, MOH and friend, but I'll be sure to post a pic after the wedding!)

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Both of these are beautiful on you! Love the classic look of the white one. I'm sure your final choice was even more amazing!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics