Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut

Bianca, on January 13, 2019 at 16:13

Posted in Wedding fashion 169

Hello fellow brides-to-be! We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search. I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to...

Hello fellow brides-to-be!

We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search.

I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to look back on to remind myself that no, I'm not regretting not going with the thin-strapped lace dress that poofed out WAY too much.

The mermaid silhouette does NOT suit mecfb_40245.jpg

The one that needed way to much work to make it workcfb_40243.jpg

Or the thin-strapped number that did NOTHING for me

cfb_40235.jpg

So post those dresses that you didn't end up loving! I think it would be fun to share what we didn't go with!

169 Comments

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Ah fair enough! Glad you found something you did like though!

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I will. Thank you! 😊
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Be sure to post it when it gets made! I bet it's going to be gorgeous Smiley smile

• Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it will be one piece. We won't start designing it till probably sometime this spring or summer as she's in her last semester of school now. But I'm really looking forward to seeing her designs.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I did find something else that was suitable lol. I found it but it was located an hour North of me and honestly, the stress of it all and what if I liked it and had to keep travelling North for fittings and whatnot... I just didn't feel up to it.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOVE THAT! Would you do a separate skirt or have it all one piece?

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I remember that! I'm sorry you were never able to try it on but I'm guessing you have your Yes Dress now?
  • Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is the shape that I liked the most. One of my bridesmaids is in her last year of fashion design school and will be designing my dress.

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 1
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those dresses are all so gorgeous! What kind of shilouette is the dress you went with? Is it similar to the ballgowns or completely different?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure it's beautiful! What kind of shape is it?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LMAO! Thank goodness you didn't go with the headpiece. As for the dress, it's not my taste but you're totally pulling it off girl!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's gorgeous! I can just imagine what your dress looks like!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Those are all so very, very different! What kind of shape did you go with? Are you getting it custom made through a bridal shop or otherwise?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm so glad that we both ended up with dresses that we love! Now let's get these dresses here so we can enjoy them!

I think dress shopping can be so difficult because we want to love the dress and not all of us have that "OMG" moment that they depict everyone having on SYTTD.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You picked the right one girl! I was actually trying to track this dress down to try it on but it was getting so complicated that I wrote it off not to be.

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on my Cinderella puffy dress, loved the detail but it was too much for me. Then I tried on one that looked like my moms dress (didn’t like it either) and then finally I tried on the dress I thought I wanted and was going to say yes to (image with the consultant behind me) until the consultant brought out the dress I actually loved

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 2

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 3

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 4
  • Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress came from David's Bridal but I do not have a photo right now

• Jessica
    Newbie April 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The consultant kept finding awful dresses, then I found this one and thought it was perfect. My mom and sister rejected it so quick, I ended up getting a dress my mom picked out after I was set on this. Thank god!! (I was not serious about the head piece situation, was just goofing around trying to ignore my mom saying how awful the pink dress looked Smiley tongue )

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 5
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can only find the website photos of the runner up! I loved the back detail, but it just didn't compare to my #1 !

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 6

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 7

• Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! I love the lace on that one!
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The last one... Smiley love

Love it!

• Alix
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here are a few that I tried on. I'm actually getting mine custom made but I had to try on lots to find the right shape 😊

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 8

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 9

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 10

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 11
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm sure it's beautiful and I can't wait to see pictures!

I'm glad you held off on the one you didn't love! I found myself trying to justify a dress after my first appointment, but I just knew it wasn't for me. (I could tell my mom liked it, but that her heart wasn't set on it either).

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah, they just didn't suit me! They all look great on the models, but I'm not as skinny lol

You're right, I did end up with a Maggie Sottero, it was the last one I tried on and I didn't want to take it off. My runner up was a Morilee.

My dress on the websiteDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 12

• A
    Devoted October 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loved this... was going to be the one, lady told me one price, than when another rang it up it was 3 times as much. I was so sad

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 13
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Loved it in the picture, not the price

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 14
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Was way too big, didnt have my size

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 15
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Didnt like the bling on this one

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 16
  • A
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's funny because this is my dress... I am changing the belt out for something else. All I need to adjust is the bust a tiny bit.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

All your reject dresses are still so nice! If I remember correctly, your "yes" dress was a Maggie Sottero, right? You definitely made the right choice for your wedding gown!

• Allison
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I couldn't find any pictures of me in my reject dresses since I deleted everything when I said Yes to my Dress lol but I did find the models of dresses that didn't make the cut for me:

Dress reject #1: anything with illusion and/or sleeves looked weird on meDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 17

Dress reject #2: Any mermaid silhouette. Also strapless did nothing for me Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 18

Dress reject #3: The sheath silhouette that showed all the rolls Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 19

Dress reject #4: I tried on a few lace dresses, even though I didn't care for it. Still not for meDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 20

Dress reject #5: I tried a more Meghan Markle style dress that had a neat back, but too many buttons/minimal for my tastesDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 21

Dress reject #6: Thought the dress was fun on the rack, almost drowned my petite frame in the poofinessDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 22

The runner-up: This Gatsby-glam number was a close second for meDresses That Didn't Make the Cut 23

I almost said yes to that one, but my "yes" dress made me feel more bridal. This would be fun for a vow renewal/anniversary party

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! Since I just have my one MOH (my sister), I'm letting her pick it out really and this was one that we both ended up liking Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics