Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Bianca
Master August 2019 Ontario

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut

Bianca, on January 13, 2019 at 16:13

Posted in Wedding fashion 169

Hello fellow brides-to-be! We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search. I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to...

Hello fellow brides-to-be!

We all know that the search for the perfect wedding dress can be daunting, long, and exhausting. And we all know that feeling when you find THE DRESS that ends the search.

I want you ladies to show off the ones that didn't make the cut! I really like having pictures to look back on to remind myself that no, I'm not regretting not going with the thin-strapped lace dress that poofed out WAY too much.

The mermaid silhouette does NOT suit mecfb_40245.jpg

The one that needed way to much work to make it workcfb_40243.jpg

Or the thin-strapped number that did NOTHING for me

cfb_40235.jpg

So post those dresses that you didn't end up loving! I think it would be fun to share what we didn't go with!

169 Comments

• T
    Newbie December 2019 Ontario
    Tessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These were my runner ups. I love the classic plain white, but I'm too extra to wear it 😂.

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 1

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 2
  • Dionne
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Dionne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can see why you can't get that dress out of your head. I looks like it was made for you. You look absolutely perfect in the dress you dream about. Good luck I hope you are able to get it. You will look beautiful in whatever dress you end up with

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! It's not, partly because of the price - it's at the top end of my budget and with alterations it would take me way over the top. It was definitely top three but I keep thinking that I would just be too self-conscious throughout the day, and less comfortable than an Aline or not-too-poofy ballgown.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That fit and flare looks amazing on you! Is it a contender? I'm sorry to hear that you can't find a sample of the one you want to try on. I went through the same thing but ended up going with something else because I needed to make a decision too (was running the risk of rush fees too!).

• Hélène
    Devoted September 2019 Alberta
    Hélène ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am still looking for my dream dress. I've tried on so many at this point and have literally a week to make a decision to avoid rush fees.

The only fit & flare I've considered. The train is Ah-mazing! (Stella York)Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 3

The one my mom and MOH teared up at...I wasn't feeling it. (Ignore the face - my MOH was driving me nuts.)Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 4

This is the one I've loved more than the others...Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 5

The one I can't get out of my head but, no one in Calgary carries it as a sample. (Kosette - Morilee's Julietta collection.)Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 6

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks, it's a Morilee Style 8222 (Karissa) Smiley laugh

• L
    Newbie September 2020 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love the runner up dress! Where is it from?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are beautiful! And wow! You found your dress on your first trip?! That’s amazing!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went dress shopping for the first time yesterday and it feels like I tried on so many dresses. Here are the only two I actually liked on me aside from the dress I ended up leaving with... Which looks nothing like either of these.

I thought I would like lace sleeve but turns out I really didn't 🤷

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 7

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 8
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's awesome how things just work out perfectly like that sometimes!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Honestly I didn't. I had no idea what I wanted and wasn't ready to look and I saw a picture on instagram of this dress and fell in love!.. I couldn't stop thinking about it so I thought - ya know what.. let me go throw it on and if I hate it then I can drop it. I looooooooved it. So when I did go shopping I was still open minded and there were a couple that I loved as well but none of them compared to the first one. My family agreed, so it was a done deal!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so wonderful. Did you know what you were looking for when you went to try dresses alone or did you just happen to find it?

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations on finding your dress! I can just imagine how gorgeous it is if this is the one that didn't make it!

• Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I didn't try on many.. I tried the one I loved by itself months before I was ready to look.. when I went back with my mom and friends I tried around a a few others but deep down I already knew which one I was leaving with.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Said yes to the dress today!

Here’s a picture of the runner up that I didn’t choose! The one I ended up choosing is actually quite similar but just breathtakingly amazing!

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 9
  • Alycia
    Expert March 2020 Ontario
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh goodie! I love hearing from people who have checked them out. I’m excited to visit them and girls day sounds like fun too lol I work pretty steady I do 6 days a week so I’ve been desperately awaiting a weekend getaway lol

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah I don’t believe the prices, the reviews on their site is really promising and my photographer said she used them many times. It’s www.lulus.com and then in Montreal the 1861 I can go physically try stuff on and bonus it’s Canadian which I like to support local. But the prices at lulus are like 80US it’s still awesome, even going a size up and having alterations.

• K
    Frequent user August 2024 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    At 1861 they also have great choices at great prices for the bridemaids! It's a nice little store and I've bought a lot from their regular store! I just love how they have a price range for EVERY budget!
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's a crazy good price for a dress omg! I really hope that you get to try it on in person and love it. You're lucky that you still have quite a bit of time before your wedding to keep looking. I say you should try the store in Montreal anyway, sounds like it would be a nice way to spend a day with your ladies!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s kinda what I figure. I just gotta be clear about my budget and keep in mind the dresses I found online. The most expensive one I like is 235$! And the cheapest is 90$ SO I gotta remember them!! Lol there’s also 1861 in Montreal I really wanna visit too, I haven’t booked them yet. They have an online store too so it’s cool to be able to go try them on before buying them if I’m not sure yet. Montreal is an hour from us and my MOH already wants to make a girls day out of it lol

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah definitely wait until you've had your first 2 appointments since you might find your dress in those places!

• Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My first appointment is on Feb 19th, second is march 16th. Then I'm thinking of planning a trip to Montreal, this spring, to see a small boutique I've been eyeing. But I don't wanna book anything until I've been to my first two.
  • Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so gorgeous! I love the details that go down the skirt! And I really like the colour Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm excited for you! Dress shopping can be a really fun experience. When are you going to start looking for yours?

I'll be sure to post pictures when I get my dress in!

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha I respect that. I find it funny that when I'm up and can't sleep I end up on WW too to keep busy.

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is so stunning! It's very romantic! Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I definitely visited a couple of places where we were not allowed to take pictures too, and guess what? I did not return to them to find my dress!

I'm sure that what you ended up with makes you look great (and busty in the right way lol)!

• H
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Kept comparing every dress I was trying on to this one. Until the consultant brought me my dress

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 10
  • Alycia
    Alycia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Those are all beautiful choices! If those didn’t make the cut, i hope to see the one that did eventually!

I am so excited to start dress shopping, it’s gonna be fun

• Donna
    Devoted July 2019 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I will have to let you know what style after I get up. After I get up later on this is too early for even me.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I ended up going with an A Line from Essence of Australia Smiley smile

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 11

Dresses That Didn't Make the Cut 12
  • A
    Curious June 2019 British Columbia
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You are lucky they let you take pictures! I was not allowed to, lol, so all the dresses I don't really get to remember how they looked. However, when I was trying on one of the first dresses that I thought was really nice, there was a photographer from the local news station and I let them snap a picture of me in the dress. I thought the dress looked really beautiful on me, but looking at the picture later? Ugh! I was weirdly busty and I looked like I was drowning in my chest and it just was not a good one at all. So glad I ended up in the one I did Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics