Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Would you rather... hand over complete planning control to your parents or your future in-laws?

Lynnie, on April 23, 2018 at 12:01 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 35

Last question!!! Starting right now - exactly where you are currently in your planning process - who would you rather hand over complete planning control to? Your parents? Or your in-laws?

Your parents?Would you rather... hand over complete planning control to your parents or your future in-laws? 1

Photo by Frank Wang Photography in Burnaby

Or your in-laws?Would you rather... hand over complete planning control to your parents or your future in-laws? 2

That's it!! Thanks for playing!

Smiley star If you're just jumping in now, make sure to start from the beginning and answer all of our questions: Would you rather? Round 2!

Smiley star If you want to check out our first round of "would you rather" questions, start here: Would you rather...

And if you just want to answer more posts like this one, check out: DIY or Buy?, Traditional or Modern? , and 10 things you don't want to forget about your ceremony .

35 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on June 19, 2018 at 13:45
  • Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would hand it over to my inlaws because they are already helping so much and my mom has done nothing to help or contribute..

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would hand it over to my parents, just because my mom does a lot of events already so she is good at planning and preparing.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents! They know me best! His family would make it all accommodating to them and their wants rather than what we want.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    None since its what the couple wants for theie day.
  • Amanda
    Curious July 2019 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents, not sure I trust his!

• Sara
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would let my dad do all the planning, and only him.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In laws hands down

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No. Back awhile ago my mom was trying to plan out everything in my life including my wedding. I'm planning my wedding with only some input from friends and family
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I had to, my parents which basically means my mother. She's been with me nearly every step of the way and I'm confident that she could execute the planning the way I'd want it.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would never hand it over to anybody. I need to have complete control of how everything is planned lol

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither... I'm a control freak. If I had to though, my parents
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Absolutly my parents! My in-laws are wonderful and we'll intentioned, but that have a completely different idea of what a wedding should be like from my family. They would invite hundreds of people and spend WAAAAY too much on food and booze. My parents would do what we want Smiley smile
  • Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

None haha my parents are anal and would get it done but they don't really understand my taste. my in-laws would understand and prop get it done but not as organized

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s not how you play would you rather! Haha xp
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With the amount of “discussions” I’ve had with both my mother and FMIL, I don’t think I’d actually be comfortable handing my wedding off to either... but I think I’d have to go with my parents... because of my dad. I think he honestly knows what I want in the wedding best.
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think either would do a good job but I’d rather hand it off to my parents.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I hear ya! my mom would make it "her day" and insist on tradtional everything...much of which i disagree with as I only believe in honouring tradition to a degree...everything else? i say break the barriers & "gender norms".
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Neither of them. My parents are stuck in the 80’s and his family is way too formal.
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly either of them! My parents are great and so are my in laws!
  • Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

In laws for sure!

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My family they know what I like.
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably my in laws. It’s going to be on their property and they know how we envision it. My FMIL follows me on Pinterest and I call her my wedding planner anyways lol
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    If only neither was an option Smiley laugh . Although his mother is very detail oriented, nobody knows me like my mom!
  • Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents, only because they know what I like and I trust their organization skills. My in-laws are amazing and I did ask them to do some tasks for me, but they don't know my style or likes, so definitely the parents!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My parents I guess... because they know me better, my style, etc... and my mom is where I get my super-planner-ness from. My FMIL is fine, but I don't think my in-laws would know what to do really, either... She's been very friendly/helpful with everything, but has a lot of "why" questions or how things are supposed to go.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My parents, for sure! My fmil has a vision for the wedding and its not nearly like anything we want!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    With what is left to do, my fmil since she is growing flowers for us already!
  • H
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Happy Hedgie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'd probably chose my FMIL. She and I have a similar aesthetic and taste so, while it would be much more over the top and expensive than I'd likely choose I know it would be absolutely gorgeous and we'd only have the best.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would pick my mum. We are super close and she knows me well enough to know what I like and don't like and how I would like things to go.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My mum. Definitely. If I had to pick them I’d pick my mum. I love my mother in law but holy crap we have entirely different opinions on things and she would plan a massive catholic ceremony. Whereas my mum and I have much more similar taste.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    None of the above! they would just high jack it and make it about them!
  • J
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    JuneBride ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I had to pick then I'd pick my mom. She know how I want it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics