Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Master July 2018 Alberta

Which came first: the venue or the theme?

Stephanie, on April 18, 2018 at 16:24

Posted in Plan a wedding 43

Did you plan your theme based on your venue or did you choose your venue based on what you wanted for a theme?I love rustic, but ended up choosing a venue that isn’t exactly rustic, so decided to skip that as a theme! What was your top choice: the theme or the venue?
Did you plan your theme based on your venue or did you choose your venue based on what you wanted for a theme?

I love rustic, but ended up choosing a venue that isn’t exactly rustic, so decided to skip that as a theme!

What was your top choice: the theme or the venue?

43 Comments

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Totally venue Smiley smile Our reception is in the education centre of a forested conservation area. I knew I absolutly wanted this place, and my theme inspiration came from it. We are having a winter forest theme with burgundy and forest green colours. Almost Christmas, but not quite...just like our wedding date, Nov. 16 Smiley smile
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The venue!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Picked them together. We had some ideas for a theme, but we both knew we wanted something romantic and classic. We ended up finding a pretty blank canvas winery and going with a beauty and the beast theme.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Venue first!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love those wood beams! Our back drop is going to have wood beams with fabric and lights!
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I picked my theme first but would have been flexible if my venue didn't match it.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Venue first for me, I figured I had a lot less control about what venues were available, and a lot of control over my colors and style!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little bit of both for us. We knew we liked rustic, woodsy, west coast... and then we found a venue that had beautiful wood beams with twinkle lights... it screamed to us.

Which came first: the venue or the theme? 1

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Venue!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I did theme based on venue. I was so back and forth with colours and themes! So we finally picked the venue and then decided colours. If we would have went for the rustic log cabin venue, our stuff would definitely be different
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our top priority was the theme and then we picked a venue that sort of fit. Our theme is beach so we picked a venue along the lake. I know it sounds silly to pick a theme first but we’ve both always wanted a beach wedding!
    What kind of venue did you pick that wasn’t rustic?

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics