Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Time to Share - How Did You Meet your Fh/spouse?

Julie, on February 13, 2023 at 12:41

Posted in Before the wedding 100

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Let's share how we met your significant other. I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and thought, this guy is totally out of my league, too hot! But I sent a message and figured, why...

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Smiley heart

Let's share how we met your significant other.

I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and thought, this guy is totally out of my league, too hot! But I sent a message and figured, why the hell not? LOL Took him a bit to reply but he did. We ended up chatting on the phone for a few days. After a few days, we finally decided to meet. All went well but then - I got ghosted; he was here and there online and I thought ok well that went nowhere. About 10 months later, happened to be on FB and he came up as a suggestion and that we had a mutual friend. His profile was not private so I commented on a pic of him and a dog and it all went well from there. Once again, I figured why not. We wound up meeting up again, chatted every day. He later told me that he ghosted me cause he had some trouble with the law. Smiley xd SMH

As you can see from my profile pic, he's a little rough around the edges but he has one of the biggest hearts. All that nonsense is behind and we are looking forward to our future together.

100 Comments

• T
    Curious May 2023 Saskatchewan
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thànk you.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

AWWWWWWWWW Sadie! That is super sweet Smiley heart

• Sadie
    Newbie June 2025 Ontario
    Sadie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So I met the love of my life in high school! I just transferred to this school in grade 11 and didn't know anyone. I last minute picked a class called entrepreneurship and in that class I met my fiance! He had a thing for me right away and we became best friends really quickly ❤️ in grade 12 however we had a falling out because I was dating someone else and he got tired of waiting for me so we didn't talk for a few years after high school. Years later I ended up in the hospital the same time as his sister and he ran into me when we went to visit his sister. This lead him to reach out to me and we began talking again. I had a different boyfriend at the time but our friendship grew again and we would go on weekly coffee dates and he was always there for me. Always. This caused me to realize how amazing of a guy he truly was and I left my current boyfriend at the time to be with him. ❤️ We had our first real date on a Friday 13th under a full moon where I kissed him goodnight for the first time and we've been together since! ❤️ Now we are planning our wedding for 2025 ❤️❤️💍
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Katrina, I love that!
    Congrats to all you ladies. These stories are amazing to read. Must put a smile on all your faces retelling it ❤️
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Been there lol. 😊
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love that story Tara.❤️
  • Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were introduced by a mutual friend! He went to high school with this girl Mel that I met at work in 2016. I was actually trying online dating "Bumble" to be exact.. and I had horrible luck. Ghosted all the time. I had set up a date with a guy I liked for a Saturday in February 2017 and leading up to the date I heard from him less and less. So Mel called me up and said, "listen, you and I both know this jerk is going to stand you up. Why don't you come over tonight, my girlfriend and I will make you dinner and I'll invite my good friend over for you to meet. Maybe you guys will hit it off." I remember trying to "creep" his Facebook but he had his settings private so I couldn't get a sense of what he was like or what he looked like really lol. When he walked in the door I remember being taken a-back. I was not expecting to be so attracted to him. We did hit it off right away, stayed up all night talking and getting to know one another and the rest is history! We've been dating for six years now and will be married in October! ❤️🥰 And Mel is one of his groomsmen!
  • Jubilee
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Jubilee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on tinder! We talked on and off for about 5 months before actually meeting. It’s now been almost 4 years and life couldn’t be better 😋
  • T
    Curious May 2023 Saskatchewan
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my spouse at my former work (he came in with his kids looking for keychains, something we definitely didn't carry)
    I paid more attention to his kids than him and later that night he found me on Facebook and thanked me for how I treated his kids.
    According to my coworkers he had been flirting with me which I didn't notice, or believe. Anyhow we started talking, went on our first date the following week and two more kids and nine years later we are getting married
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Funny how things work out Smiley sexy

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great story!

• Micheal
    Newbie June 2023 Alberta
    Micheal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's a funny story. My fiancee and I both worked at a tech support center. A bunch of us had a habit of all going out together to different places, sometimes for food, sometimes just for drinks. Some of us were a core group from our training group, and others were added as we had gotten to know other people.
    I had talked to her a few times but always figured she was way out of my league, her smile lit up the center every time she smiled. I was actually trying to chase another woman there. I had invited her to come along with the group. She showed up on time to the restaurant, who was staying open late just for the 10 of us. She hates to be in that sort of situation, especially when we ended up being a good half hour or more late. It might have been 45 minutes, it was a long time ago. I came running into the restaurant and into the back room where we had booked and slid on my knees toward her, hands clasped saying "i'm sorry!" repeatedly. She was not impressed.
    I told her that I'd take care of her bill. Which I did..
    So we all ate and had a great night.. But eventually, everyone except the woman I was chasing, her sister and me & my future fiancee were left. We went to a nearby sushi restaurant/lounge. We ate sushi & drank there. When we closed that place, the woman I was chasing and her sister went home. Neither of the two of us felt like going home so we went to another bar where a bunch of us would sometimes go and we hung out until that bar closed. She laughingly paid for my drinks there because I had spent all my budget on food & drinks at the other two locations paying for her & the other two women (what can I say, I was a dumb kid back then).
    After that closed, she told me another hour or two the buses would be running and she wouldn't have to take a cab, so we went to my place (about a block and a half away) and hung out there watching movies. She went home, and then after that she came back the next morning, and after work, and repeated that until we realized that she never really went back to her own place.
    She moved in sometime, we're not really sure when lol. She claims she was trying to help me date the other woman, but I'm pretty sure when you hung out every waking moment with someone and never go home, helping them get together with another woman is NOT the plan lol.
    We've been together since 2006. Getting married 2023. Our 11 year old is ecstatic.
    Our friends and family are shocked and their collective most common response was
    @#%^&(@&$ finally!!! Which was going to be our cake topper but it got vetoed.

• K
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in highschool, he was my neighbours best friend, we will be married on our 11th anniversary. ❤️
  • Haley
    Newbie April 2026 Alberta
    Haley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé at a house party through mutual friends! My best friend was dating his best friend Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Natasha! Right backatcha!!
  • Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you Julie! We're both nerds haha

You two look so sweet together - I'm glad you found such a good match ☺️
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nothing wrong with new school 😉
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's cute!
  • Natasha
    Curious April 2023 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in a research lab at university ☺️
  • Kate
    Newbie August 2024 Manitoba
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Call me new school but met my FH on bumble chatted for awhile than moved on over to call of duty black ops before meeting for the first time from there he was over almost every weekend
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Absolutely love this! ❤️
  • Natalyne
    Newbie May 2023 Quebec
    Natalyne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've meet my fiancé on Xmas eve. In my family, we have a tradition that on the 24. We have this big feast where everyone who doesn't knows where to go is welcome. He had come down as a suprise to visit his mother but she was already getting ready to come to our party. So she called us to ask if he could come.
    Like usual we answered the more the marier.
    For him it was love at 1st site. For me it took me a few date/outings before falling in love with him. For me he is my soulmate. We finish each other sentences at a min of 10x a day. We think alike, his strength cover my weaknesses and vice verse. He my rock like i am his.
  • J
    Newbie October 2024 Ontario
    Jacynda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my now fiancé on tinder, I had just gotten out of a shitty relationship with my ex & was looking for someone to h*e around with 🤣. I came upon my now fiancé, I wasn’t sure at first if I wanted to even match with him because he looked like the type of guy that wanted something serious & I didn’t but I swiped right & we matched. We ended up talking for 4 months before we met each other, after the 4 months of talking we realized that he had met my younger brother 8 years before hand and he used to party with my cousin in highschool. Such a small world! Now we have been together almost 5 years in May. We will be getting married in October 2024, never thought I’d be marrying some random guy that I met in tinder but here we are!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww so cute!!
  • Nikki
    Newbie August 2025 Ontario
    Nikki ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé at high school party 12 years ago! And we went on 2 dates and he asked me to his girlfriend and the rest is history 🤍
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That is hilarious Tamara!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

OMG Bri! I love that!!! Reconnecting, how amazing.Smiley heart

• Bri
    Newbie September 2023 Ontario
    Bri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love reading these stories! I met my Fiance in church when I was 10 years old. We became best friends but lost touch and connected again when I was 17. We have been each other's high school sweethearts ❤️ literally my bestfriend
  • T
    Newbie September 2025 Nova Scotia
    Tamara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Funny story how about how me and my fiancé connected .

Our moms went to high school together, our grandparents also lived on street they were almost neighbours, and his sister use to hang our my twin sister.
    About 3 years ago we matched on a dating site, and instead of say hey how are you. I sent a message saying “Hey I am pretty sure I know your mom Tina, and your grandmother lives on my grandmother’s street” he almost never responded back.
    So he honestly thought I was almost a stalker, until asked him where he was living.
    So now he calls me his little stalker lol .
  • Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are all fun stories to read Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nothing wrong with a Hot Mess LOL....Mine was like that too Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Great story Victoria! Congrats on the baby and wedding!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics