Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Julie
Featured May 2023 Ontario

Time to Share - How Did You Meet your Fh/spouse?

Julie, on February 13, 2023 at 12:41

Posted in Before the wedding 100

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Let's share how we met your significant other. I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and thought, this guy is totally out of my league, too hot! But I sent a message and figured, why...

Is it just me? Or are you also feeling extra lovey this month cause of Valentine's Day? Smiley heart

Let's share how we met your significant other.

I met my FH on a dating app 7 years ago. I saw his profile and thought, this guy is totally out of my league, too hot! But I sent a message and figured, why the hell not? LOL Took him a bit to reply but he did. We ended up chatting on the phone for a few days. After a few days, we finally decided to meet. All went well but then - I got ghosted; he was here and there online and I thought ok well that went nowhere. About 10 months later, happened to be on FB and he came up as a suggestion and that we had a mutual friend. His profile was not private so I commented on a pic of him and a dog and it all went well from there. Once again, I figured why not. We wound up meeting up again, chatted every day. He later told me that he ghosted me cause he had some trouble with the law. Smiley xd SMH

As you can see from my profile pic, he's a little rough around the edges but he has one of the biggest hearts. All that nonsense is behind and we are looking forward to our future together.

100 Comments

• Victoria
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow! Such great stories! I met my fiance 5 years ago through my best friend. My friend and I had just graduated from our four year bachelor degrees in university (we met at uni) and I had my first and current full time adult job, and she was attending teachers college in the same city. She brought me as her plus one to one of the charity balls in January 2018 where I met my future husband. He was in teachers college in STEM so they were in the same circle of friends. We added each other on social media but other than that did not interact much. It's funny looking back at it because my friend had mentioned she was bringing someone who her friends assumed was her date and when I showed up, they thought we were dating for a second haha! Anyway, my future husband replied to one of my snapchat stories in Sept 2019 (I said something dumb about my weekend face) and the conversation with him started from there. We initially started making plans to get coffee but as we were both working full time, we made dinner plans as it was easier to meet around 5 after work. After that and our second date, we got really serious and six months later he moved into my townhouse (we weren't planning to move that fast) and six months after that we were buying our first house and got engaged. This was during the pandemic so our wedding was pushed back a ton from our engagement in August 2020. In November 2020, I also discovered we were pregnant which delayed our wedding a bit more. We have finally reached this year where we have no young baby and no renovations to accomplish currently on our house so we decided this is the year we finally get married.
  • Staci
    Newbie April 2026 Alberta
    Staci ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met in high school. I became friends with his ex who he was dating at the time. After she dumped him but he still hung around (abusive relationship where he was conditioned that she was everything and not to be left alone while also being belittled for being clingy) he and I bonded over Pokémon. I became his shoulder to cry on and help him move on. I lost interest in being her friend after I found out how he was treated in private combined with other behaviours that were problematic. Our early relationship was a hot mess but we have obviously both grown a lot and been through a lot together.
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! It kinda freaked me out when we first talked about it

• Kate
    Featured August 2022 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That.is.nuts and so so meant to be. How cool! lol

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Always nice when things work out when you least expect them Smiley smile

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Desiree - that is so sweet and I love the dinosaur costume!!!

• K
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Karyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé on line. We chatted through text for 4 months before we actually met in person! We lived an hour apart and weren’t sure things would even work due to the distance. We met on a random Wednesday night during Covid lockdown, and have been together ever since!
  • Desirée
    Newbie September 2023 Alberta
    Desirée ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met on a dating site.

I was literally, swipe swipe swipe swipe swipe (left), then came to his pic and stopped. Thought hmmmm, so I swiped right. The next day he swiped right on me and sent a message only saying “hi”. Now normally I would back out because a “hi” without a further comment would turn me off. BUT I answered anyway. We messaged back and forth for a day, but I was getting bored of that very quickly so I gave him my number. We talked that first night for over 9 hours. The next night we talked for over 10 hours. (They were some late nights!) In total over thanksgiving long weekend we talked for over 30 hours. The next week we, and every night since we talked over video for 4-6 hours. It was 3 weeks later he flew to me, but we already knew…. and his second trip to see me he proposed at the airport. We’ve set the date for September 26, and told our family and friends if they’re going to crash our elopement the absolutely must be wearing an inflatable dinosaur costume since we’re getting married at a park in the Canadian badlands. https://youtu.be/xxf5hgdd42e
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are all great stories! Feel good Tuesday! Happy Valentine's Day Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Lovely Carolina!!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's super sweet!

• Maddie
    Beginner October 2024 Ontario
    Maddie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met while working at a garden centre over the summer in college. I won’t say it was love at first sight, but it was pretty damn close. He proposed after we’d been together for a little over a year ❤️
  • Carolina
    Newbie August 2024 Ontario
    Carolina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé through his neighbor (my good friend)! My fiancé and I went to different high schools. I went to a regular high school & he went to a sport high school where he focused on his hockey and soccer. His neighbor was a good friend of mine and one day while his friend and I were texting and he was actually at my fiancés house having a guys night in his hot tub. My friend gave me my fiancés number and we clicked right away. We both were each other first loves, first everything. 10 years later, we are engaged and getting married in 2024! 🫶🏼💕
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I know!!! When we first met we talked about tattoos and that's when we discovered we had the same one LOL

• Brianna
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    How crazy!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! The Big Scary guys are always the ones with the biggest hearts Smiley heart

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Brianna - I can totally relate with the weird coincidences too! Us too we were in same spots in our younger years but never met. Want to hear something really freaky??!! We both have the exact same tattoo wording...mine on my thigh, his down his spine....Mi Vida Loca

Talk about fate??1!!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Laura - love that story! All about taking chances, second chances!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Love it! High school sweehearts!

• Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Den! That's so sweet and exciting all rolled into one!

• Kat
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Kat ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my Future Husband at work. He was the General Manager at the gym I was working at as the front staff Supervisor. In my mind, he was the “big scary” because of his title but after getting to know him, he wasn’t as scary and while it didn’t go over well with where we were working - here we are 5 years later. We found each other and it brought us to greater career opportunities ♥️
  • Brianna
    Newbie August 2023 Ontario
    Brianna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love everyone's stories! Smiley heart

Ours was very flukey and there were waaaay too many weird coincidences/connections - definitely a meant to be type of feeling!

My friends planned a random comedy night in the city, an hour away. We tried to find a bar that could accommodate our group of 10 afterwards - super difficult. One happened to have a no-show 10-person reservation, just by chance. The DJ was amazing so I was dancing the night away. Noticed one of the managers and said to my bestie that he was the hottest guy I'd ever seen (she joked that she, too, had been staring at him lol). Had a few too many and on my way out, told the DJ he was amazing and the manager he was ATTRACTIVE. He laughed, we left, thought nothing of it. A month later, my girls planned a bday outing for me and chose the same bar bc the music was so good! Saw the manager again and shared a laugh about our previous encounter. Later, he came and slipped a coaster in my pocket with his number on it. Best birthday gift ever lol. Went out a few times and like I said, just had this meant to be feeling for both of us. (Weeeeeird coincidences like living 10 houses away from each other (in a totally different city) as kids but never meeting, taking a trip to the same island in Thailand at the exact same time years before, having the exact same interesting/complicated blended family situations and both being the oldest sibling by 10 years - just to name a few!! I'm also a hospitality manager too haha so same career also).

We now have a beautiful baby girl and are excited for our wedding in August! Smiley heart

• Laura
    Beginner July 2023 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I met my fiancé on Bumble! I was a single mom of 3 and after 2 terrible relationships after my marriage ended I felt like I would never meet someone who would be willing to take on 3 kids (my youngest was 2 at the time). I saw his profile and thought he was really attractive and took a chance and swiped right. He had only popped up because he had just returned from a trip and was in my “area” because he was at the airport. We chatted a bit on the app and it was effortless. Before we met in person my best friend was telling me about a friend that she had met in the Bumble friends app that was looking to set her friend up. My friend sent me a picture and low and behold it was the hot guy from Bumble that I was already talking too! We let in person about a week after matching and within the first couple hours of our first date I sent my friend a text that if I didn’t marry him I would be a lonely woman with 20 cats. He felt the same way! We skipped the whole dating to see where it would go and went straight to a relationship. My kids loved him as soon as they met him and he loved them. We celebrate 5 years together in June and a month after that we are getting married! We also welcomed a baby girl into our family in November of 2022! He’s the love that I always wanted and an amazing dad!
  • C
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Casandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    High School 13 years ago.
  • Den
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Den ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I met on Twitter in 2018! We both had kpop fan accounts and were mutuals for a whole year before we started dating. We talked everyday from October 2018 to February 2019, until he asked me out that month. We’re celebrating four years this Saturday! 💗 We’re also long distance, as he’s from England and I’m in Ontario. Countdown is on to not only get married, but to finally live together!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ha! That's too cute!!
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Things always have a way of working themselves out 😊
  • Shannon
    Newbie June 2023 Alberta
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We met kickboxing 🥊🥊
    We got partnered up together and basically stayed that way ever since haha 11 years later ❤️
  • Julie
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I love that!!!
  • Megan
    Newbie October 2023 Manitoba
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was living with my fiancé's younger sister at the time and he came in to the city to visit her and go to a party. I was actually on my way out on another (would-be-awful) Tinder date and I couldn't get him out of my head the whole night.

We went out a few times but unfortunately with University and such different schedules we ended up splitting after a few months, stayed friends for a while and then totally drifted apart for a couple of years. Then out of the blue he messaged me, wanting to catch up and our innocent dinner as friends turned in to dating and then an engagement 8 months later.

I think we always knew but when you're young and stupid and life kind of doesn't line up well you just have to let it work itself out sometimes.

• Patricia
    Beginner September 2023 Manitoba
    Patricia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Actually at the park down the street from me I just got out of a bad relationship and my friend made me go to the park with kids. He was there with his daughter around the same age as my kids. We didn't really talk but the kids hit it off and my friend knew him. I found him on messenger to ask if the girls can play he said yes he lived a street over. A few weeks went by of the kids playing and me and him just hit it off. We started dating secretly so the kids wouldn't know. The rest is history
  • C
    VIP September 2023 Ontario
    Carine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awe Julie that is such a cute story. Can't judge a book by it's cover. At least he was honest on to why he ghosted you.

I was on Facebook date and thought here's a bearded goof head, my type of guy. We had a mutual friend in common, so I messaged her right away and was details on this guy? She gave me the green light; we went to Home Depot for our first date since not much was open during that time of covid and it was love at first site. We ended up quarantining together and he just hasn't left. I was having a meltdown and he proposed and now our big day is in 228 days.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics