Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

Splurge or Save: Photography?

Lynnie, on August 21, 2017 at 07:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 97

A picture is worth a thousand words... and sometimes thousands of dollars Are you splurging or saving on photography? Tell us why and don't forget to include any tips on how to save! Photo by Burnett Photography >>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Transportation?...

A picture is worth a thousand words... and sometimes thousands of dollars Smiley tongue

Are you splurging or saving on photography? Tell us why and don't forget to include any tips on how to save!

Photo by Burnett Photography

Photo by Burnett Photography

>>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Transportation?

>>Click here to return to the previous question, Splurge or Save: Venue?

97 Comments

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge!!!!! Video and photography is so important in creating a lasting memory!
  • M
    Beginner May 2018 New Brunswick
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd splurge
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on a photographer because we wanted great photos and a great photographer! We only paid just under 2 grand for our photographer, and we also got a deal on our engagement photos! I say we splurged, but I have seen photographers who are way more expensive than what we paid!

• Aixa
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Aixa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got a great deal and the photographer seems good so far. But it's still a lot more than we thought photographers would cost. We found it on wedding wire
  • Olga
    Beginner May 2018 Ontario
    Olga ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would say splurge, but I have a close friend, and a family friend who have offered to take pictures for us throughout the event. I think this would work well since we have a fairly small wedding guest list. On top of that, we are asking all of our guests to take pictures and send them to us, that way we can have everyone's perspective from our wedding day to cherish and remember forever Smiley smile

• Reona
    Frequent user March 2018 Ontario
    Reona ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are in the middle I think. Some of the price ranges are crazy when we researched but my photographer's got a great quality and colours so based on that I think it was quite a save Smiley winking

• Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge definitely!
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge.... We got a couple different photographer quotes ranging from $800 to $1500. We decided to go with the $1500 photographer because her photos were leagues better than our other options. Definitely more than we would have liked to pay but the photographer is a friend from high school and Im really excited about it now! Our package includes 5 hours of photography and a complimentary engagement session. All photos given to us on a USB stick.
  • Ashley
    Expert March 2018 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would Splurge on this expense, it will be the only visual memories you will have from the day! Unless of course you have a professional photographer in the family! Smiley smile

• JENNIFER
    Frequent user December 2017 Ontario
    JENNIFER ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We completely agree with the idea of splurging but in the end we choose to save. We found someone who will accurately capture our day for us but isn't perhaps the most creative as we would have liked. We are happy with our choice though as we saved $800 from our next option.
  • Victorea
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Victorea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is the part of the wedding were we are splurging hugely!!! Our wedding package does come with engagement session, engagement photo book to be used as guest book, boudoir session, boudoir photo book to give to husband on wedding day, wedding day coverage from 10am till 10pm with two photographers, wedding book, thank you cards and all of our photos in hd

• Kelsey
    Frequent user February 2018 Ontario
    Kelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are having a friend who is a wedding photographer taking photos for us.

• Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save, my grandpa is a professional photographer Smiley smile
  • M
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save- we found a photographer who worked for a studio for 5 years and is now branching out and starting his own business. He's shot a 1000 weddings, but because he's just branching out and building his own portfolio, he was still very affordable and flexible. Don't base a photographer's skills based on the price- choose someone who you vibe with and who's photos you love!
  • Christina
    Newbie July 2018 Alberta
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge!! This is hopefully once in a lifetime want to make it is done properly.

• Cherie
    Curious July 2020 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Cherie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is one part of the wedding I am willing to splurge on! BUT I am all about quality when it comes to pghotos after the big day this is the only thing I am going to have from this day so I am totally willing to splurge but at the same time I will be looking at prices but ATV the same time I'm willing to splurge if I have to to find the right photographer
  • Novardensphere
    Beginner May 2019 Alberta
    Novardensphere ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge! This are your special moments and you want to know they are done right

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge! Photography was our top priority so we were willing to splurge a bit. We were able to get a bit of discount though because our photographer was recommended to us by another bride. Our photographer agreed to give us the same pricing as the other bride even though her prices had increased so don't be afraid to ask!

• L
    Devoted September 2017 Saskatchewan
    Lyz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A close friend who is giving me a very decent price
  • Jennifer
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We did ALOT of research on photographers and ended up going with someone in the mid/higher range but had great packages for their rate. Photography is very important to us.

• Andrea
    Frequent user September 2017 Manitoba
    Andrea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We ended up finding a really good photographer who is just starting out so we are getting a really great deal! For the amount of time and what we are getting in our package, other photographers in our city are anywhere from 1000 to 3000 than what we are paying!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save for sure. I found a really good photographer in the GTA for $260.00 for 3 hours. Many of the brides have given me feedback on his website and it's all been very positive. Glad I found him.

• Cristina
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Cristina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We will most likely go with someone professional for a wedding, we will spend for special photos and wedding videos since I want the glam i got to have it.

• Lesley
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Halfway plan on spending budget have yet to see a photographer for less than 1500
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Half way, our budget is $3,000 which should get us 2 photographers for 8-10 hours, that are relatively good at their jobs. We're both amateur photographers and its really important to us that we have someone good but not heavily reliant on editing.

• Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We kinda meet half way in the middle. For getting ready, the ceremony and wedding party/ family photo time we have a professional. We booked less than 3 months before the wedding. He had some packages on sale for the open weekends left in 2017 which happened to be the weekend we are getting married. For the meal till the end we have a local who enjoys taking photos and since we're getting him and giving him the SD card for the camera he's only charging $75 to $100.
  • Brandi
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Brandi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography is soooo expensive.! But totally worth it in the end.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge! Photos we will have forever so I want an experienced photographer with some creative ideas.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I splurged. Not that I could find anyone cheaper anyways.
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided to splurge for the photography, kind of. Some of the photographers we looked at were 5K and up, which was a little excessive. We wanted a great photographer who will capture all the great moments from the day!

• Stephanie
    Curious August 2018 Nova Scotia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurging (kind of) on photography. Pictures will be momories we want to hold on to forever!
  • K
    Newbie September 2018 Saskatchewan
    Klarence ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Another splurge! Photos are the memories captured in still time. Something to look back and reminisce. Need a great photographer that wouls capture all the special moments.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics