Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Stephanie
Beginner September 2018 British Columbia

Shades of pink!

Stephanie, on June 28, 2017 at 16:13 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 16

Hello! So my fiance and I have discussed a lot about what our wedding "theme" will be- we aren't really going for a specific theme but we want it to be laid back and fun and a little bit rustic! So we decided on a classic colour palette of blush pink, navy blue and gold. I was originally thinking of putting the groomsmen (and 1 groomsmaid) in navy blue and the bridesmaids in blush. But then I realize that I could have a blush dress! I loovvvee pink and the more I think about it I know it would be totally me.

So.... Any ideas for colours that the bridesmaids could wear if I end up getting a blush gown? I worry that my dress won't stand out as much if I am also in blush, and I want them to be a different colour than the groomsmen (so not navy blue).

16 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on August 24, 2017 at 16:05
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello everyone! I just wanted to post an update- some of you were curious to see which dress I would end up buying! I just found (and purchased!) my dream dress a couple weekends ago! I got an amazing deal on it at a sample sale Smiley smile for those who are curious, it is Mori Lee style 2887, and it is PERFECT for me on so many levels (the most important being I feel like a total princess in it!) And in terms of bridesmaids colours... it is even more perfect because the dress itself it mostly white, wtih a very light pink bodice and a pink underlayer under the skirt, which allows hints of pink to show through but doesn't make the dress overly pink. So I've decided to keep my bridesmaids in blush pink, because I think they will really compliment my dress!

Thanks so much for all the fashion advice you all!

• Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think Champagne is a lovely choice. It has a hint of pink in it so it would work with your dress.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I agree! I can't wait to go dress shopping and start picking colours! Smiley laugh

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like Zoe's idea of the champagne colour! It would look lovely with your colour palette!

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks Zoe! Smiley smile
  • Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Stephanie! So exciting!! Smiley heart I think champagne is a great color! Here I send you some inspiration: Bridesmaids' dress: Pastel- Bridesmaids' dress: Brights - Bridesmaid dresses: colouring - Bridesmaids bouquets. Hope you like it xx

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Those are my colours too! Originally the bridesmaids were going to wear blush but they found a dress they liked more in navy so I'll be white surrounded by navy, with a mix of peach, pink and cream bouquets.
    I thought I'd buy a blush dress so I can't wait to see what you choose
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oooh sounds gorgeous!
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    No dress yet! I will probably go shopping the first time in August Smiley smile my wedding isn't until September 2018 so I have lots of time! But I want to have a plan in case I fall in love with a blush dress and have to change my idea of what I wanted to bridesmaids to wear Smiley winking you're probably right though I'm sure it will all make more sense once I have the dress!!
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Do you have ur dress yet? Might be more inspiring once you have your dress and you can see the colour. You seem pretty creative, I think the idea will hit you. I'm still going to say white tho hahah
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My dress is blush so my maid of honor is going to wear a champagne or baby blue colored skirt (depending on availability) and similar sequence top.

• Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha! Shocking Smiley winking but also not a bad idea lol. Maybe something cream or even peachy? I guess that might end up being similar to champagne Smiley smile
  • B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Put them in white hahah
  • Stephanie
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oooh I love the sparkles!! Champagne sounds lovely also... good ideas!!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They could be in gold! Smiley laugh or rose gold, champagne... So many options! Such a nice colour palette Smiley smile

Shades of pink! - 1

Shades of pink! - 2

Shades of pink! - 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics