Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Chelsey
Frequent user September 2018 Ontario

Bridesmaid dresses: colouring

Chelsey, on June 6, 2017 at 21:36 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 14

Hey Girls, just have a question about dresses. I recently found my wedding dress at a trunk show at Kleinfeld's Hudson Bay. It's a Hayley Paige A-line. The colour is called 'Moondust', which means that the organza gown is ivory and beige underlining, but the beading at the top picks up light lavender and grey colouring. Therefore it makes the dress look dusty lavender. Smiley love

I wanted to have navy dresses for my bridesmaids but now thinking it would be too dark. Would a grey lavender look nicer on my girls? Let know what you think? Smiley smile

thx! xo

Hayley Paige

Bridesmaid Dresses

Bridesmaid Dresses

14 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsey, on June 8, 2017 at 12:11
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Zoë! That was a lot of fun! Love your quizzes!

• Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks girls! You are all wonderful! I am leaning toward the lavender too as it just compliments the dress I chose so well! And the guys in grey suits, it look good! Smiley love Smiley heart hehe

• Zoë
    Master June 2020 Ontario
    Zoë ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Chelsey! I love the lavender! Smiley love . I made this discussion: 10 stages every bride goes. Let me know if you like it. Xx

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Erin .., the navy will make your dress standout and the lavender will complement it nicely. You might have to do eenie meenie minnie moe, or get some girls to wear lavender and some navy.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the lavender would pick up the undertones of your dress but the navy would be a contrast and make your dress stand out more vividly. Either way you cannot go wrong!
  • Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The navy was what I wanted before I picked my dress and then saw the lavender undertones of the wedding dress. I agree I love the lavender, greys, and golds together. Just perfection! 😍
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would definitely go with the lavender! Purple matches well with grey suits - I am doing purple and gold for my wedding colours and the guys suits are grey and the purple looks amazing with it! I also think the lavender matches your dress more than the navy dresses! And your dress is beautiful! Congratulations! Smiley smile

• Chelsey
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks everyone! Yeah the guys are wearing grey suits. Our colours we were thinking are gold, beige, greens (from succulent boutonnière, and greenery), white. So we would either have navy or dusty lavender. Tough decisions Smiley smile

• Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the Navy Blue would make your Dress pop.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think both those colours Would be amazing with it. The undertone of the dress might change a bit depending on what colour you choose, but stunning either way! Love love love the dress!
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Depends on what else you have for colours. I think the navy might give you nice contrast especially if the guys are in dark suits. But if they're wearing something lighter, then lavender.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ohh the lavender would look so nice! Your dress is gorgeous btw!
  • Krystal
    Newbie May 2018 Ontario
    Krystal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If the top pic is the dress id go lavender
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both look great... But I personally prefer the navy