Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Help! Are you doing wedding favours??

Lynsey, on December 18, 2017 at 23:23

Posted in Plan a wedding 115

I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.
I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.

115 Comments

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If I could do it, I'd have succulents as my wedding favors, however, due to the fact that several of our guests are coming from out-of-town, it's not an option. We will most-likely have a small dessert in a cute plastic box.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I LOVE that idea! Very cute.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

This is such a cute idea! I wish I had seen this months ago lol...My fiance and I are both teachers as well.

• Jessica
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are ordering little drinking jars with lids , this way they can be used through out the night, saves us from dealing with plastic cups all night ! since we are hoping to have our dogs at the wedding as well , i have thought about putting little bags of dog treats out for people to take home too Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This is what we gave our guests apart from food and chocolates. A thank you card with it tp save the time to send out later.

The food and chocolates were given out in the welcome bag.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 1

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 2
  • Anastasia
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's such a cute idea!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    One of my friends did small jars of crab apple jelly. That was another good one!
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think favours are always a good idea! I wanted to make sure I’m giving something people can actually enjoy and make use out of. So what I’m doing is ordering customized M&Ms.. which may sound funny but they actually are really cute! You can put your pic on them, choose what colours you want, and also what they say on them ! I’m going to order them in bulk and buy little jars, place bows on them with a “thank you” tag Smiley smile hope this helps!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh a good favour I saw was sunglasses with the bride and grooms names and wedding date in the arms of the glasses. They got married outside and put them on everyone's seats. Was perfect cause it was a bright sunny day!
  • Anastasia
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omgsh donut wall Smiley love
  • Sidni
    Frequent user July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Sidni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking, since we are both teachers, that we will get pencils made with our names on them with a little heart beside it. I think they will be cute and everyone uses pencils!

• J
    Newbie October 2018 British Columbia
    Jessey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Succulents or saplings to plant and spread the love
  • Samantha
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a burlap bag with treats inside. Also hoping to have a donut wall!
  • F
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg I think this is she cutest thing I've ever seen! I hope your guests appreciate all your hard work
  • F
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Fatima ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Check out this website hope it helps www.weddingfavorsunlimited.com
  • Tabitha
    Beginner October 2018 New Brunswick
    Tabitha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year and the wedding favours were 2 free bottles of wine on each tables. This is a good idea if you have no clue what to give. Most people like wine and it doesn't cost that much if you make your own wine. Smiley smile

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are having a candy and chocolate table, with burlap bags that say "love is sweet" on them, from party city. That way guests can enjoy it while they are there and take some with them
  • Lan
    Newbie November 2018 Saskatchewan
    Lan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the idea!! We may do this as well Smiley winking
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally planned on doing favours but recently decided it wasn’t worth spending the extra money on. We were going to do little chocolates packaged with our names on it but we’re going to have a midnight snack so I really don’t think they’ll be missed.
  • Julie-Ann
    Curious February 2018 Ontario
    Julie-Ann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are just doing a candy/doughnut bar. I domt love the idea of traditional favors and this way our guests get a snack on the way home!
  • S
    Newbie June 2018 British Columbia
    Siobhan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing little burlap bags filled with wildflower seeds. We are decorating with burlap and lace and our flowers are wildflowers so it goes with our theme and is easy and people will hopefully actually spread them somewhere.
  • Lynsey
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Exactly that’s my issue too. I don’t even remember any favours I’ve gotten in the past that I still have? Or even recall keeping them. So I can’t decide if it’s worth it
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are doing little succulent plants with a gnome in them. He really loves plants and I think gnomes are very interesting. All of this we are doing ourselves we are cloning the plants and growing them ourselves and I started making gnomes.
    It’s kind of nice since we are paying for this ourselves so we have to improvise on how much we spend but at least this is not going to cost a lot of money.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 3
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha no worries. Good luck! Such a cute idea.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are on the fence as well. I think it's an extra expense and depending on the favors they may nor may not be forgotten after the party is over. Also people don't generally keep the favors after the wedding. We are probably not going to do them

• Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!
    I don’t have pictures yet because we’re not making them until the spring or summer probably. I did a test one to make sure we bought the right amount of tea, however it was disassembled right after. Sorry! Haha
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hahaha luckily my fiancé and I have that in common. I would imagine you could do it with anything though - if you have a favourite movie night snack, a favourite cookie that you could do little packets up with custom branding (like the paper stapled onto the cellophane wrapper) , coffee beans could even be cute if you’re both coffee drinkers.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's super cute! I love ideas that incorporate things specific to the couple! Sometimes I wish my fiance like tea as much as I do...but he's already threatened to throw out all my tea once we get married! haha

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crystal tealight votive holder with thank you card.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 4
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

And wine glasses as we can pick them up for 1.00 each instead of renting for .40 cents each and deposit.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Considering Hershey's kisses purple and black foil wrappers as he proposed in Vegas and these are our wedding colours. Also we have gone to the Hershey's store 2x. Or Custom made fudge by a local business who makes over 300 flavours.

• Vanessa
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Was debating do this as well.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics