Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynsey
Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia

Help! Are you doing wedding favours??

Lynsey, on December 18, 2017 at 23:23

Posted in Plan a wedding 115

I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.
I’m totally on the fence about wedding favours. I can’t even begin to think of any ideas, nor is there anything that has caught my attention.

115 Comments

• Anastasia
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Anastasia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are doing Lindor truffles. It's $50/150. You can either put them in a cellophane bag or in a cute container on the way out for them to take. Super simple, super cheap, and something most people will like Smiley smile
  • A
    Newbie January 2019 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think something edible is better! My fiancé and I are leaning towards ferrero rocher chocolates as our colour scheme is emerald and gold.
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Its such a tough thing to think about it, b/c you want something they will use and like. But what my fiancé and I are doing is a donation to a foundation (we haven't picked one out yet) Two of our close family members are diagnosed and we want to do a donation to two different foundations. That can always be an option.

• Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are both super cute ideas!!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crabapple liqueur! Now that sounds yummy!!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My post was actually about favours, to give guests as a thank you for coming. No invitations. But thank you for your input
  • Breanne
    Frequent user September 2019 Alberta
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are planning on doing favours!
    We haven’t quite decided on what yet, but we have two options.
    1. Homemade jam in cute jars - the idea here is to get a jam recipe from my grandmother as well as my FH’s grandmother and spend a day making jam with each lady to include them in the wedding. We would put them in cute little jars and label them with a tag that says “Spread the Love” and our names and date.

2. Homemade crabapple liqueur - my dad makes amazing crabapple liqueur and we were thinking of making some with him, putting it in cute little bottles, with a tag that says “Take a Shot, we tied the knot” or “Drunk in Love”, also with our names and date.

Either way this will be cost cost effective yet something different!
  • A
    Newbie June 2017 California
    Angeliica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedding invitations are a very important part of any wedding. A wedding invitation is often the first impression that your guests will have of your wedding and they, therefore, set the tone and theme for the whole wedding. It is important therefore to make sure your wedding invitations style, look and feel match your wedding theme.

If you truly want to have a unique wedding and unique initiations then you have only two options really. You can use a professional designer to do a customer wedding invitation design for you or you can come up with your own wedding invitation design. A third option that might work for you would be to have a friend who has an artistic background to design the invitations for you. A few months ago, one of my friends booked Laser Cut Wedding Invitation Card from Lavenderpaperie.com, for his Wedding ceremony.

• Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love the idea of donating to the hospital. You could even split the money you were planning on donating and do two of them. We're on the fence about splitting it and doing two donations. No matter what you decide the money will be going to such a great cause, which I love.
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I like this for the bridal shower too! A cute gift
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I totally agree with you! I don’t really think there is anything I’m 1000% sold on. Also, something I have confidence that people won’t just throw away or lose
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh I love that idea! I'm having a tea party for my bridal shower so I may even use that for a favour for that!
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I loooooove this! My FH and I are both obsessed with David's. Have literally like 12 containers in my kitchen right now. Do you have pics?

• Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We've been back and forth between a few ideas and not even having any at all. I mean we are paying for their dinner and sending out thank you, isn't that enough.. but I also love some of the things I've seen!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A crystal light votive with thank you card. To save the postage after.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 1
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yeah it would look awesome! I think it comes down to how much of our budget we have left over that will be the determining factor of whether we choose to do it or not.

• Angie
    Beginner April 2019 Alberta
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi we wont be putting our face on the magnet although you can put it. We are planning to perhaps put our initial and date of wedding as to not be awkward that our face is in our guest home, we also thinking a short quote :-p.

I saw some online that charge around $1-$6/magnet depend on how many you order.

• Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I had our first date at David’s Tea, so we ordered a bunch when they were having a massive sale, bought some clear, tiny ziploc bags, brown paper and some foldable clear boxes from Michael’s that come with ribbon and a thank you tag. All in, I think we spent about $160 for 75 guests. Worth it as a cute way to say thank you to your guests for being there. No need to go all out, in my opinion — just something to show you thought of them. Smiley smile
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Very true!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That would look awesome during your first dance! I’m a sucker for even at the end of the ceremony too, it’s cute
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Makes sense! Sentimental value too
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the idea of a magnet! Have you by any chance looked into that so far!? Curious to the cost per magnet. Are you having a photo of you and your fiancé on it?
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I hear yah! I don’t mind spending the money (as long as it’s not 1K lol!) but prefer to keep that cost somewhat low if we decide on something
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    What a nice way to honour someone special❤️
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I like the idea of seed paper!
  • Lynsey
    Lynsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Cute idea!
  • Joy
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hope you don’t mind me asking, what was the name of the shop on Etsy? I’m thinking of doing popcorn too. Thanks in advance.
  • Victoria
    Expert November 2019 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

My FH and I took home like 10 personalized shot glasses from his cousins wedding! Shame for them to go to waste.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've always liked donations as wedding favours. Realistically, most people don't care about the favours at a wedding.

We have books we're using as our centerpieces and found very cheap favours that are book marks that are also made of wild flower seed paper. My FH loves gardening, and our engagement pictures were done in a wild flower field.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ahhh that's really nice! My dad was in a car accident last year and I wanted to dontate to the hospital that looked after him. Also I have 3 aunt's that got cancer in 2017 alone and I think it's important to honour them as well. So I'm not sure how I'm going to make that all work yet.
  • Michelle
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think the safest route to go (if you decide on favors), would be something edible. It would be more affordable, and less likely to be thrown away.

As beautiful as some of those wedding favors with you date and names are, I know a lot of people don't have as much attachment to the date, and ultimately end up tossing that pretty trinket you so carefully picked out.
  • Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing cupcakes. We couldn't pick between two cake flavors so decided we will do one for the cake and the other for favors lol they will be chocolate with salted caramel buttercream drizzle. She's going to present them in individual clear boxes and I bought these tags, with our names and wedding date, to attach to the boxes.

Help! Are you doing wedding favours?? 2

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics