Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario

Favors

Christina, on January 29, 2018 at 23:00 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 38
Hey everyone, I'm curious on if people are doing favours? If so what are they. I have been looking all over Pinterest, websites and etc. Please help

38 Comments

Latest activity by Emma, on May 23, 2018 at 18:35
  • E
    Expert December 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That’s what we are doing. We are having a Christmas wedding so we are having a cookie/candy table. We went on to vista print and ordered stickers that had a picture of us, thanks for sharing our day and the date, that are in our colours. We will stick them on plain paper bags.

Everyone I know thinks favours are a waiste if you can’t eat it lol

• R
    Newbie July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Rachelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I made these seed packs for our wedding.

Favors 1
  • Cathrine
    Devoted April 2018 Ontario
    Cathrine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing something similar to this picture. We have little mason jars that we will fill with popcorn. There are thank you tags and a little silver heart charm (pandora bracelet compatible) that will hang from it as well. We are including a popcorn cart during our late night service so we have a bit of a popcorn theme going. It's my favourite snack.

Popcorn FavourFavors 2

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are making a little baggie of a s'mores mix and have cute little tags that say "There is always room for s'more love" that we bought from etsy.

• Kris
    Frequent user June 2018 British Columbia
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOVE these! I would totally take this (and anyone else's that were left behind, lol) and use. And it is super cute Smiley smile

• Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks for your suggestions, Brittany! Ziplock is down on my list...it would help to keep the tea fresh if we get it early and do them and get that task out of the way. I love that idea of colored twist ties! I went to a DIY wedding fair and there was a vendor that sells really cute boxes for really cheap and will take the responsibility that they arrive on time and in good condition.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Favors 3

I'm having a winter wedding, so I am giving hot chocolate mixes as favours. It will be very inexpensive to do, and I like that people don't have to hold on to trinkets they will never use! Plus it goes with the theme, and just looks so darn cute.

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Super cute idea!! (I'm doing hot chocolate mixes)... just a thought, ziplock bags (although in nice boxes), could look a little funny as a favour... Amazon.ca has tons of inexpensive clear bags (like 100 pack for $5-$10), and you could get coloured or metallic twist ties to seal them? Just to add a slightly more elegant touch...

• Kris
    Kris ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are thinking of loose leaf tea in small ziplock baggies and then in nice small boxes.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My Venue makes maple syrup on site and offer it for winter weddings as favours so we are doing that. I think edible favours are great, because they are inexpensive and people will be sure to enjoy them. My sister-in-law had little jars of local honey at hers and they were only $2 a jar Smiley smile Goodluck!
  • Ariel
    Newbie August 2019 British Columbia
    Ariel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I agree about the favors, and good idea on the candy bar and take home baggie idea!
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing favours! Our wedding is in the mountains so we are having antler bottle openers!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are on the fence about favors, comes down to what we have left in the budget. We thought about bubbles from Micheal's and have those blown during the first dance for some AMAZING pictures. Or since it's multicultural wedding we could do fortune cookies Smiley smile those would be eaten there so not much worry about waste Smiley smile

• Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lavender and Statice burlap pouches and flower and herb seed bombs and confetti. Smelled so pretty in here.Smiley smile

Favors 4

Favors 5
  • Lucy
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Lucy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm not doing favours as such. I'm getting a photo booth at the reception with a personalised border/design with the date etc on them.

• Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are thinking of peanut butter and jam as favours for our guests. Plus a little thing of m&m just because are initials are m&m.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping the traditional favour I think. We are paying for their food, booze and night of entertainment so I don't see why the guest should get a little gift on top of all that lol if anything we will do a smores or candy bar and they can take a little baggie home.
  • Mira
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Mira ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are doing the same thing - donating to two different charities and then printing a note explaining that’s what we are doing in lieu of favours on herb seed paper so people can plant the paper if they want and have herbs to enjoy later! We really wanted to try to give back, and since most people don’t really use a lot of the wedding favours, also reduce the amount of waste created. The paper is biodegradable either way, whether guests want to plant it for the herbs or not so no harm done!
  • Catherine
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Catherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Instead of favours, we’re donating the money we would have spent in them to a local charity we love. A wedding I went to several years ago did the same thing and I thought it was such a great idea.
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing favours. Our centerpieces are vintage books, so our favours are going to be bookmarks. The book marks have a heart on them that can be pulled off which is wildflower seed paper! My FH is very into wildflowers.

They're small, so they fit in clutches and if they get left behind, more for me to plant!

• Samantha
    Frequent user May 2019 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing favours, but I’m having a bit of a hard time trying to figure out what exactly. I’m leaning towards getting chocolate from bulk barn and melting it into cute molds and just putting it in little bags with a cute tag saying. It’s simple, cheap and everyone loves chocolate!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Crystal votive holder per couple/singles and household.

Favors 6

Favors 7
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave people small bottles of a spice rub that my husband created.

• Natalia
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Natalia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH are having a really small wedding, so this one was a no brainer, we are doing custom wine! If you are hosting for a wedding 75 and under, I'd say do this for sure, since it's more personal, wayyyy more affordable than buying them in a store, and honestly looks SO classy. If you have more people though it gets expensive.

We got a groupon for 75$ for 30 bottles of wine + $30 for bottles.

The idea is that we have a custom label which outlines the date and type of wine (so far this is my design:

Custom wine label!Favors 8

P.S. At the least I'd recommend doing this once for fun, and if anything you can do these as Bridesmaid gifts/parent gifts, and keep the rest to yourselves for years to come!

P.P.S. Other options we looked at was infused olive oil, honey, jam, or hot sauce!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing a small baggie of a handmade s'mores mix. The tags for the bags say "there is always room for s'more love" no them.

• Jamie
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing Cookies.

My mom was an avid baker, and everyone use to love coming over to enjoy her goodies! As she is not with us anymore, we thought this would be a great way to honor her at our wedding. I will be making all of the cookies using her recipes!

I ordered clear cellophane bags off of Amazon, and custom stickers from Vista Print that read: "Cookies by Claire". Overall, it won't cost more than $200.00 Smiley smile

• Katie
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Katie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My mom, FMIL and I are going to be making salsa in little mason jars for the favours.

The only favours I have remembered from previous weddings are the edible ones, because otherwise they just tend to go to waste.

My mom has made salsa for years, and all my friends and family always love it. The last couple of years her and I have made it together, and this past fall my FMIL joined us. So we're going to do it again this year. It's something that has sentimental meaning for us, and we already know that the majority of our guests love it.

• Molly
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Molly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I too am struggling to find favours for my wedding. I was thinking of doing spiced cooking olives oils...like a her pick and a his pick with labels done on them.. but I fear people wont take them and it will be a waste of money...

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing potted plants. They are also our centrepieces so at the end of the night each couple can take a plant home.

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Were doing cupcakes for our favors. If it's not something edible most people just leave it at the reception or throw it out after.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are skipping favors i think... I refuse to pay money for something that most people wont realize was missing from the wedding. We arw going bare bones on a lot of stuff to cut costs and favors didnt make the cut...

Unless we become ambitious enough to make 180 coasters out of the tree we had to cut down on our yard a couple weeks ago. I salvaged some of the branches and am attemping to dry them out right now.... We will see if it actually happens or not Smiley smile
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is great!! People will love honey!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics