Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Christina
Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
Christina, on January 29, 2018 at 23:00

Posted in Plan a wedding 38

Hey everyone, I'm curious on if people are doing favours? If so what are they. I have been looking all over Pinterest, websites and etc. Please help
Hey everyone, I'm curious on if people are doing favours? If so what are they. I have been looking all over Pinterest, websites and etc. Please help

38 Comments

• Taylor
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a candy and chocolate table, with burlap bags so people can enjoy it during the reception and take some with them when they leave
  • Ap2017
    Super September 2017 Ontario
    Ap2017 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We gave out fudge from a local vendor. The other option we considered was seed paper.There are vendors on etsy that make them and personalize them with messages and different types of flowers or herbs. Generally if you can't eat it, drink it or plant it the chances of it being left behind are high. I've seen people give out little plants, too. But as a guest, generally speaking, unless the favour blows me away, if I can't fit it in my clutch, I usually do't take it (because I haven't put it in my clutch and I forget to grab it!)

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are doing favors, but they are not costing us a lot. My uncle is a honey farmer and he is gifting us the honey for our favors. If anyone does not want the honey I will take it home and use it!

I think if you can't eat it or drink it, then to skip it because people will not want it. Another idea I seen was a custom spice or BBQ rub blend, I thought that was a neat idea.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Besides the drink ticket (drink value of $8/pp) + wine at dinner ($18/pp), it'll be a cash bar. Those two options were perfect for our budget!

• Christina
    Frequent user August 2023 Ontario
    Christina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks for the response, I havent been to a lot of weddings. This helped a lot you mentioned a drink ticket are you and FH having an open bar or closed..
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not doing favours. Instead, we're taking the money to offer 1 drink ticket to our guests after the ceremony.

I've been to a lot of weddings where the favours were left on the tables or found in the garbage. People don't go to your wedding for the favour, they go to celebrate you and your FH's love and union!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics