Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kate
Featured August 2022 Ontario

2023 Brides!

Kate, on January 1, 2023 at 15:46

Posted in Plan a wedding 97

Hello soon-to-be-wives! How does it feel to say " This year I am getting married!!" PS: time will now probably fly by so dang quickly but that also makes it exciting! Any big items on your list you still need to tackle? any road blocks? anyone coming out of a wedding planning pause and now ready to...

Hello soon-to-be-wives!

How does it feel to say " This year I am getting married!!" PS: time will now probably fly by so dang quickly but that also makes it exciting!

Any big items on your list you still need to tackle? any road blocks? anyone coming out of a wedding planning pause and now ready to jump in now that it is getting closer to??

I remember I started planning so early and secured vendors which was great but then took a pause because it almost felt like I was deciding everything too soon so then 3/4 months before I went into overdrive and planning mode again Smiley smile Wedding planning really is a journey and process of details and emotions! ha Smiley heart

97 Comments

• Lady
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Lady ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I are combining all the things that brought us together over our relationship: Cards, board games, beer and live music! We’re doing a boardgame wedding at The Publican House Brewery out on the patio at sunset! Custom playing cards as our wedding favours with “we’ve sealed the deal” on them. And we’ve got our good friends band playing out on the patio too! June 25th is going to be a beautiful day!
  • Katrina
    Newbie May 2023 Manitoba
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you for the advice!
  • Sam
    Newbie September 2023 Saskatchewan
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It's the exact same! Its a corset so there was a bit of leeway for us there which is perfect! The only thing is that my mom rented a hoop for it so that the front design shows, I'm a few inches taller than her so I just have to find a smaller hoop and it's good to go 😊 the bag even had her veil too! ❤
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice, great job!!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Omgosh how cool! Is it the exact same dress or have you slightly altered it? how special Smiley heart

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

September is a beautiful month! And I hear you about the vendors, I had to be pretty patient because I found some would get back within 24-48 hrs (sooo appreciated this) but others could be weeks but sometimes its just a busy time but no doubt you are in the books and secured.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Yes for sure I would get on finding a dress al though depending on your vision, there are a lot of stores now carrying "little white dresses" that can totally pass as wedding dresses, you can wear them again, and don't cost a fortune like a typical bridal dress (depending on your vision for your dress of course). I would also get on a make up artist and hair if you want that done, I found those vendors booked up quickly!

• Chelby
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Chelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Good to know! I think my fiancé asked about it when he talked to the caterers but I don’t know if he asked about third party! I’ll have to look into it! Thank you
  • Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Does the catering company hire any third party company for staffing? I know ours did and we got our team of 4 staff for the day from there.

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow feel like majority of you are killing it, great job!

I miss the planning stages so I am living through all of you haha

Can't wait to see how all of your special days turn out!! Smiley smile Seeing the whole vision come to life is absolutely amazing and even the small hiccups that might happen somehow don't take away from how beautiful the day is Smiley smile Smiley smile

• Chelby
    Beginner August 2023 Alberta
    Chelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    August 5th! I think I have most of our planning done? We have sent out save the dates already, finished our guest list, booked most things, just need to figure out bartending! We have a separate caterer that doesn’t bartend so we aren’t sure which way to go from here! Does anyone have any ideas that won’t cost a fortune?
  • Nicole
    Beginner July 2023 Ontario
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 7th for us! We did so much planning before the summer last year booking all the major vendors and have just come out of our wedding planning hiatus last month to start securing day of transportation. Now it’s all the little logistic things left like; where and when is the rehearsal dinner, day before getting nails done and what not plus, day of timeline to sort out, music and those fine details. Also have to do all of our signage so I’ve started to mock those up in canva this week. Every time I think I’m ahead or on schedule something else pops up that makes me feel like I’m running out of time haha
  • Cove
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Cove ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Getting married October 8th (Thanksgiving Sunday!) and we have a lot of the big things secured: venue, photographer, officiant, music, and the dress! Just sent out all our save the dates as well. Next on my agenda is finding a florist and looking at menswear!

• Kate
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Woohoo! Love hearing about the 2nd time around Smiley heart

It was my first but my husbands second. We kept it small but he was still super mindful that it was first time celebrating and wanted me to have all the experiences Smiley smile To be honest, I think he got into it even more this time around than his first marriage planning.

Congrats to you and its such a beautiful thing to be able to get excited all over again Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Curious May 2023 Quebec
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married May 20th, and just coming out of a planning pause, myself. We rushed so much to book all our vendors last year and decide the big things that we took a break.

But now, it feels like we're running out of time. I'm suddenly feeling all the pressure of the little details required to actually make the day a success (planning with the celebrant, legal details, confirming the menu and the schedule in fine details, dress alterations, etc.)
    One thing I'm super thankful for is that I already have my bouquet/coraages/boutonnieres at home. We chose to go with fake flowers and found an amazing vendor on Etsy. She gave us a good price for our custom order and they look amazing. It's one of those silly things, but getting it in the mail was sort of our cue to end the planning pause. It kickstarted this new phase.2023 Brides! 1
  • D
    Newbie April 2023 British Columbia
    Dianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Nice centerpieces! I am making ours, too, using battery operated mini lights, silk flowers, and a bit of organza. Just need to get the jars that will hold it all together
  • Amie
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is hard. I have panic attacks too (even before wedding planning!) I’m currently working with a therapist and I’m hoping things will be at least a little bit more manageable by the time I get married. Just know it affects more of us than we’re aware of. Sending you a big hug! 💜
  • D
    Newbie April 2023 British Columbia
    Dianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow!! Good for you! I'm sure your day will be just perfect, and I wish you a long, joyful partnership.
  • Amie
    Newbie July 2023 Ontario
    Amie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s the second marriage for us too! We wanted to keep it small, but it has been almost 20 years since my first marriage and I got very excited about celebrating again so we have 200 guests! 😮 Lol!
    Enjoy your day!
  • Kayla
    Newbie July 2023 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    July 15/23 so excited but ahhh running out of time ⌛️
  • Katrina
    Newbie May 2023 Manitoba
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Getting married may 27th and I have my venue and photographer booked. I still have lots to do in so little time and next on my list is my dress!
  • Mariya
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Mariya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am glad to hear you have those supports.
    I know what you mean, hang in there!

Thank you, you as well!

• Nicole
    Newbie August 2023 Manitoba
    Nicole ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom has been a godsend with the planning, and my fiance is so good st helping me relax. I have mostly everything big booked and figured out, it's just so overwhelming

Good luck with your wedding! June is a beautiful time
  • Rebecca
    Newbie June 2023 Alberta
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    June 17th Bride here!
    Congrats to everyone getting married this year Smiley smile

I’m currently working on (also catching up on) design details and some of the logistics. I feel behind on flowers at the moment so a lot of my focus is going there right now.
    I am spending today making not only a list of everything I need to do- but how these things will get done/what’s required to get it done.
  • Mariya
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Mariya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I find I worry a lot too and am always feeling behind.
    Mine is on June 30th.

I find what has been helpful is getting a wedding planner/organizer book and looking at those timeline checklists to see what their suggested tasks are every few months. Make sure you have your venue booked and try to get your major vendors booked first.
    Going through lists is very reassuring.Also lean on your bridesmaids and family for ideas and help with planning!

• K
    Curious September 2021 Alberta
    Kaitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I was married in 2021, and my 'Bride' mug, and now my 'Wifey" mug give me an Absolutely disproportionate amount of joy! there are no other simple thing I love as much as those!

I suggest a mug of joy. i smile every morning I use them. I had to buy both for myself, no one though if it for me. I'm guessing cause no one else would love them this much.

• Jubilee
    Newbie September 2023 British Columbia
    Jubilee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are getting married September 23, 2023! Almost everything is booked, having some issues with communication with a couple vendors, but we’ve been told we are secured for the date. So I’m a little stressed about that😅 everything else is coming together, we are in the process of sending out our save the dates💕
  • Sam
    Newbie September 2023 Saskatchewan
    Sam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're getting married September 30th...I've booked our venue, flourist, photographer, and DJ so far Smiley smile We've been having so much fun! Everyone that we've booked has been super upbeat and excited to help us with our big day! I'm wearing my moms dress, I finally got to try it on over Christmas and it is perfect! 😊
  • J
    Newbie October 2023 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I’ve heard of David’s Bridal but not Kimberly Wilson Bridal. Thank you for the suggestion.
  • Maria
    Beginner May 2023 Alberta
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date is May 20th, 2023

We're working on final details for suits and fittings. Everything else is set!! You could say I was a very get it done Bride, I was ready HAHAHA 😆 Just finshed centerpieces though!2023 Brides! 2

• D
    Newbie August 2023 British Columbia
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    September 26, 2023 @ Dinosaur Provincial Park.
    Uninvited attendees (we’re eloping) must wear an inflatable dinosaur costume. 🤣🤣🤣

We have had our rings, photographer, commissioner for a while. Alterations on his custom suit were just completed, and my dress is booked for alterations in July. We found his shoes by utter fluke while shopping for hiking boots, but my shoes are proving to be a challenge. I found his tie and cuff links on an Australian site.
    Hair to be booked soon, as well as our spot at the park, and a few other things left to order….. then to decide if we’re taking 3 or 4 weeks away to ourselves.
    This time around has been so much easier because my fiancée is all the way involved. ❤️
  • Dessa
    Frequent user September 2023 British Columbia
    Dessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Sept 24 in Osoyoos BC! So excited now that we are in the last 9 months! We booked our venue, catering, flowers, & photographer about 6 months ago. My dress arrived in October and is patiently waiting in my closet for alterations in July. Ordered my wedding ring too!! Now its his ring, his clothes, my shoes and wedding party clothes to be chosen...and all the little details. Took a pause through November & December and ready to dive back in!! It's gonna be a great party!! Congrats to all you 2023 brides and grooms!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics