Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Your Wedding In Numbers - How many days will you take off school or work for the wedding?

Joey, on August 27, 2018 at 09:09 Posted in Before the wedding 0 38

You'll probably want a little time off before the wedding for final fittings, grooming appointments, relaxing, and spending time with friends and family. How many day are you planning to take off from school or work before the big day?

Your Wedding In Numbers - How many days will you take off school or work for the wedding? 1

Photo by Alison Sun Makeup & Hair in Vancouver

>>Click here to go to the next question - How many people will there be in your procession?

38 Comments

Latest activity by Jollylaf, on March 12, 2020 at 11:38
  • Jollylaf
    Newbie September 2022 Ontario
    Jollylaf ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is September 5th... I booked from Sept 4th to Sept 25th (including honeymoon) Smiley smile

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

2.5 weeks. I'm taking 3 days off before the wedding to make sure everything is in order, go and pay some vendors we need to pay before hand, and to just relax and pamper myself with my mom and MOH. Get my nails did, hair did, etc. Then 2 weeks off after wedding for honeymoon, and to have a few days after to relax and re coop before work.

• Stefana
    Newbie June 2018 Bremen
    Stefana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took about a week, couldn't afford more.

• Leanne
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Leanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We left for our honeymoon immediately after the wedding, so total I took off 12.5 days for the wedding and another 3 for my bachelorette.

• Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am only taking 3 days, 2 days before the wedding and 1 after.

• Maya
    Expert January 2019 Alberta
    Maya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m thinking of taking 5-6 days off the Thursday and Friday before and then 3-4 days after
  • Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I plan on taking the week before off, and a full week after the wedding as well (we will be moving in together the weekend after our wedding) and maybe a couple of days after that to set up our new home and rest - and then only going to work part-time after we get married Smiley smile

• Petra
    Frequent user June 2020 Ontario
    Petra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankfully I’m getting married after I finish school but probably a week before work and tome for our honeymoon, not sure how much time
  • Missa
    Frequent user August 2019 New Brunswick
    Missa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 weeks! 1 week before, one week after and then honeymoon for a week! We are getting married out of province so, its easier this way!
  • Shla
    Devoted October 2021 Ontario
    Shla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're in school so we'll just be taking 2 days off. The Thursday before and the Friday of. Even then I may convince him to go the Thursday so he doesn't miss as much.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and I are both taking off the week before, and the week after for the honey moon. Then we head back to work Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If we do honeymoon right after then 3-4 weeks, if we don’t do honeymoon right after then 1-2 weeks
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm aiming to take a month off for the wedding. A week leading up, a few days after, 2 weeks for the honeymoon, then a couple of days when we get back.

• Idelta
    Newbie June 2019 Ontario
    Idelta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Definitly 10 days. 3 days before and 7 for the honeymoon.
  • Kelsea
    Frequent user October 2019 British Columbia
    Kelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I work part-time, i'll be missing 6 days of work which is really 2 weeks. My FH is planning on taking 2 weeks off. The week before & the week after for both of us.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

3 days total 1 day prior, day of and day after

• Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm taking the week before and week after off work.
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One day, not including our honeymoon, which we plan for a week!
  • Morgane
    Curious February 2019 Alberta
    Morgane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    1 week. We are doing a little road trip through Jasper, then Banff, then heading back to Vancouver Island.
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took the whole week off. I stress easily so I'd rather be relaxing that week... or at least trying.
  • Tiffany
    Beginner August 2019 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have not made a decision yet, but I am thinking about a week before and after the wedding. I will be asking for less, but will be getting more than a week off before and after it due to shift work. If my vacation request is approved, I will be off for 8 days before and after the wedding.

• Sheena
    Beginner November 2018 Queensland
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We'll both be taking a week off of work
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I took a week off and husband took 4 days off.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Probably like 5 days total, two on each side!
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We just took the Friday off (got married on a Saturday), and then the 2 weeks after for the honeymoon and getting installed at home (we didn't live together before).

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I took off 3 weeks! Loved it, but it was so hard going back to work after that much time off!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I might take a little over a week off work, since we have to fly back to our hometown for the wedding!

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For sure taking the wed-wed off (wedding is a Saturday). but if MOH flies in the weekend before the wedding i'm taking the whole week off to spend time with her (she lives in the states, and I haven't seen her in 6 years so I want all the time)
    we aren't going to honeymoon till the winter where we can do a resort for a week when its cold at home.

• Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We get married on the 22nd of September, so family is coming in on the 19th. So the 19th of september til after the honeymoon, the 3rd of october Smiley smile

15 days Smiley smile
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you include "days I have/will take off for wedding stuff"... It'll be quite a few. I've taken 2 half days already for bridesmaid appointments. And I'm sure there will be more for fittings and running errands.

The actual week of the wedding, I'm definitely taking off the Thursday/Friday, however I'm gonna try and leave as early as possible on the Wednesday too... My flowers will be delivered that day, and I'm getting them brought to my work (easier accessibility), so once they arrive I'll leave.

My nail/grooming appointments will all be on the Thursday, and I will be spending at least half of Friday finishing packing our honeymoon bags and getting everything ready for the next day. (We are leaving straight from the reception for our honeymoon).

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My wedding is on a Friday and the Monday of that week is a holiday so just those 4 days off during the week and then saving my other week off for later in the fall for our honeymoon!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm taking off the week before and two weeks after for the honeymoon!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics