Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Who has more guests on their side, you or your partner?

Joey, on March 14, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 29

Which of you is inviting more guests to the wedding? Does one of you have a huge family? Who will have the bigger "side"?

Who has more guests on their side, you or your partner? 1

Photo from Pinterest

29 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on March 18, 2018 at 23:05
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    80% of the guests are my fiance's family. Other than my parents and siblings the rest of my family is in England and can't make it. Then for our friends it's about an equal amount each. But overall his part of the guest list is larger.
  • Michelle
    Curious June 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My finance has the most numbers.hes from a big family and extended family so..I think he was saying his mom has 12 brothers n sister Smiley xd
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A good 70% are on his side. My family and close friends mostly live in Europe. When he proposed to me, we had the engagement party there, where he was literally alone because nobody could make it from Canada at such a short notice. So, it was only fair to have the wedding in Alberta, where he is from. Of course this means that most of my close friends won’t be able to make it, but I am more than glad to compromise, so that this time he will be around all the people that love him!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have more guests
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say we are about equal! But I know half of mine aren't coming (they were just a courtesy invite) but at my second reception in Ontario, it's going to be like (85 my side, 15 his side).
  • Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

80% of the guest list are from his side, he whole family is here in Canada, mine are spread across the world Smiley smile

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My side of the family made up for husbands family and friends.
  • Ashley
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a 110 guest list. I have a large family to begin with but my parents who have been split up for about 10 years now have they significant others as well as step brother/sister. I think under 20 people are his. Lol

• Kate
    Newbie September 2019 Alberta
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a 100 guest list. Under 15 are his 😳
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's really even. I have two more family members on the list, but we expect more of his family to actually come because they're closer. And I have a few more friends (under five, although it's to give an exact number given that there are common friends), but that's only because more of my friends are in relationships.

• Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

His side for sure! Lots of aunts and uncles on his side which means lots of cousins haha

• Marissa
    Newbie September 2021 Ontario
    Marissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have a very large family compared to my fiance. Out of 188 guests, 139 are from my family, 28 from his and the remainder are friends.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My side is definitely outnumbered. I was really particular with who I invited from my extended family because I'm not close with most of them. Of our 150 guest list, probably 90 are my FH's family or family friends and then my family/friends are about 20. Rest are mutual friends.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve invited more but most of my side is from out of province and not expected to come so more of his side is expected to actually come
  • Audrey
    Curious August 2019 New Brunswick
    Audrey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Very similar. We have 2 big family. Even if we would like a small wedding, it won't happened.
  • Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We both come from huge Native families. We’re about even!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH has a big Italian family and I only have one side of my family here in Canada, so of our 135 guests, about 83 are his and 52 (a few a which are out of town and probably won't come) are mine. He wants to seperate the sides for the ceremony, but I'm worried my side will look barren if we seperate them!
  • Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we're pretty even. I have a small family but it's bigger than his (22 vs 8). He has a few more single (guy) friends invited but for the most part it's mutual friends and couples.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're fairly even, but I do have more invited.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually ended up being really evenly matched. I have a SLIGHTLY larger family and he has SLIGHTLY more friends.

• Renee
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Renee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Surprisingly, him! I thought for sure it would be me as I'm the social butterfly but it's his large family that beat me out of the top spot
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

He is inviting more people for sure. He has a bigger family and is close with most of them. I'm not really close to my family at all to the point where I'm not even sure if my own father will come to my wedding. It's also my second wedding so I really didn't want many people on my side. Just close family and friends.

• Meerah
    Newbie September 2018 Ontario
    Meerah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiance doesn't really have any family here so he's just inviting friends from his side and I have a huge family and even after trimming it down to just immediate family and friends our wedding the ratio is 4:1 >.<'

• K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have a big family and his is small, but we've been together so long everyone is family now Smiley smile

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé’s guest list is double mine! Lol he has a huge family and lots of fiends.
  • Lydia
    Devoted June 2019 British Columbia
    Lydia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH has way more guests on his side. All of our family has to come over all the way from Europe, but I (as well as my parents) am expecting that not many will come. There aren't any other family members that moved away from the Netherlands. Within my FHs family it's a lot more common and they all visit each other and are a lot closer than my family is. His family is also bigger than mine.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have more family but he has more friends/coworkers so they almost even out lol.
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we were about an even split actually.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My FH has over double in family and I have very small family!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics