Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amanda
Featured August 2022 British Columbia

When Did You Get Engaged?!

Amanda, on December 31, 2021 at 12:18

Posted in Before the wedding 224

Did you know that Christmas Day is the most popular day to get engaged? Or that December is the busiest month of the year for proposals?? 💍 When did you get engaged??!!! Did you get engaged in December, or on a holiday? Share your engagement date and show us the ring!! And Congrats to...

Did you know that Christmas Day is the most popular day to get engaged? Or that December is the busiest month of the year for proposals?? 💍

When did you get engaged??!!! Did you get engaged in December, or on a holiday? Share your engagement date and show us the ring!! Smiley heart Smiley diamond And Congrats to all the newly engaged couples!!

My fiance purposed to me December 25th 2017 (Christmas Morning!!) at our home right beside the Christmas Tree Smiley heart It was the very last box I opened that morning!!

cfb_71512.jpg

cfb_71514.jpg

224 Comments

• Alyssa
    Newbie October 2022 British Columbia
    Alyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé and I got engaged on February 24th 2019 and due to Covid have had to postpone twice now but are for sure getting married this year!!! When Did You Get Engaged?! 1

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley heart

• Annieroydube
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Annieroydube ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you so much! Congratulations to you toođŸ„°
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How beautiful!! I love this story! Congratulations!! Smiley heart

• Annieroydube
    Beginner September 2024 Ontario
    Annieroydube ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancĂ© proposed to me on our 6 year anniversary trip to Mont-Tremblant on October 23rd 2021. He got down on one knee in front of the fireplace in our hotel room, told me he wanted to spend the rest of his life with me & asked me marry him.💍
    Best friends for 11 years, first kiss 8 years ago, officially dating for over 6 years & engaged for 3 almost 3 months. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my life with my best friend.đŸ€
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 2
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 3
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 4

• Maria
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you ❀
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I love it!!! Congratulations!! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

How cute!! Congratulations!! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! Another Christmas Day engagement Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! Smiley heart Smiley heart

• Maria
    Beginner April 2023 Quebec
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on January 1, 2022!

Funny store, he had already planned to do it that day but by total fluke I planned the whole thing for his Christmas gift! I got him tickets to see the patriots on Jan 2 and Celtics, so we headed to Boston for NYE. Luckily we did so, as everything back home completely shut down. He wanted to do it at midnight but where we were watching the fireworks, it was was very muddy. So he waited until we got back to our hotel room. When we got there I started making his life difficult (unbeknownst to me)! I wanted to wear my PJ’s and take my makeup off and he had no idea how to tell me to stop without me asking what’s going on. We then proceeded to pop our champagne (we buy one every year on New Years) and he made personalized glasses for us then got out the ring and told me he didn’t want to spend another day in 2022 without me knowing he wants to spend his life with me. It was funny, awkward and perfectly imperfect in its own way! 💕
  • HauntedHeartBrides
    Curious October 2023 Manitoba
    HauntedHeartBrides ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Technically, we agreed to get married in July of 2016 and sent out the engagement announcement via photos at the original house they filmed the Texas Chainsaw Massacre in. But after a few years I decided she needed a proper proposal.

When Did You Get Engaged?! 5

When Did You Get Engaged?! 6

When Did You Get Engaged?! 7

So I did what any good fiancé would do- I found her a bumblebee themed engagement/wedding ring set and got down on one knee in September of 2019 while we were getting our photo taken with her idol- Weird Al Yankovich- at Rose City Comic Con while dressed as My Little Pony with a ring box shaped like a poke-ball.

#LivingMyGeekLife #NailedIt #BestProposal

When Did You Get Engaged?! 8

• R
    Newbie January 2023 Manitoba
    RraineDay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 9
    I caught a ring.
    We went to our favorite spot, he told me to reel the fishing line in for him because he needed to pee. When I looked at what I caught, it was a group of rings... I caught a ring.. wait then I turned around and there was the real ring and the go pro set up. Magic!
  • Maria
    Newbie September 2022 Quebec
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got engaged Dec 25 2021 and getting married sept 24 2022 ❀❀❀
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged August 13th, 2019. Not sure if that date if accurate but that’s what it says on Facebook (can’t remember if I changed my status when we got the rings or when he asked lol). He just asked me one day while we were sitting on the couch.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! Beautiful ring

That's crazy that both of our names are Amanda and both got engaged on December 25 just different years!

• Amanda
    Curious July 2022 Manitoba
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were engaged December 25, 2019! Our wedding was postponed from last summer! I have faith we will say our vows this July. When Did You Get Engaged?! 10

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Love love love this story!!! And your dogs are so cute!! Congratulations ❀❀
  • Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    When Did You Get Engaged?! 11

When Did You Get Engaged?! 12

When Did You Get Engaged?! 13

He had the ring hiding in his tackle box in our living room for a whole week leading up to our Thanksgiving camping trip in Algonquin park. The first photo is what the sky looked like that morning of Saturday, October 9, 2021. We went out in our canoe after breakfast and I was taking in all the beautiful scenery saying things like, "Wow look at that isn't this perfect? Could this get anymore perfect??" Not realizing I was setting him up for the perfect moment to get on his knee in the canoe and ask if I wanted to spend the rest of our lives together â€ïžđŸ˜­đŸ’. Our dogs almost tipped the canoe when I started to cry haha.

• Katrina
    Curious October 2023 Ontario
    Katrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Your ring is gorgeous! Ps I love the paw print tattoo ❀ Congratulations!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah it definitely hasn't been the easiest having to move everything not once but twice and then having the unknown for this year so far sucks! We jus know that when the day does come will be that much more special!
  • Rachel
    Newbie June 2023 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I honestly feel for everyone trying to plan, or did plan and had to postpone. The moment will be that much more special because of waiting and the effort it took to arrive to the moment!
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No kidding! I totally agree with you! We've had to postpone twice so I'm hoping we don't have to again
  • Rachel
    Newbie June 2023 British Columbia
    Rachel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We are hopeful that Covid will relax and we can enjoy the process a little more.
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful!! Congratulations!! ❀❀
  • Sandra
    Newbie May 2023 Ontario
    Sandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We got engaged May 17th, 2019 and are planning our wedding for May 27th, 2023 Smiley heart

When Did You Get Engaged?! 14

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's adorable! I love this story!! Congratulations!!! ❀
  • Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancĂ© and I got engaged December 20th, 2020. Apparently he had asked my parents way back in summer for my hand and they’d been waiting every call I made to say he finally asked. 😂 He knew how he wanted to do it for a long time and kept trying to hold out on asking because we were all meant to go back home to Scotland near the end of the year. He desperately wanted to propose in a castle, but with covid the trip didn’t happen. So we had gone on an impromptu mini vacation to Niagara Falls and walked through the Festival of Lights and popped the question! When I tell you I cried all the way back to the hotel up Clifton Hill, I mean I CRIED. I was just so freaking happy and caught off guard. People must have through the were crazy - one with tears running down her face and the other grinning like an idiot all the way beside her! đŸ€Ł

• Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Beautiful engagement story❀ Congratulations!!
  • Lyndsay
    Newbie June 2023 Ontario
    Lyndsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got engaged on May 8,2021. He did an amazing job planning it out, with the dock all lit with candles and a beautiful dinner. We’re sober so we toasted with sparkling peach juice đŸ€Ł. Mother Nature even cooperated and sent two beautiful cranes swooping in, landing on a branch and then flying off. He said “well if that’s not a sign I don’t know what it” got down on one knee and told me how much he’s loved our life and is grateful I came into his. When I said yes fireworks went off in the middle of the lake (his poor friend was freezing in the canoe waiting for the signal!”
    He has my ring custom made, rose gold in the shape of a flower to honour my mum’s ring.
    It was so incredible and I love our story. I’m enjoying planning our wedding and all the little things adding up to it đŸ„°
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Congratulations!!! You'll have beautiful engagement photos in Banff! Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics