Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

What's the best and worst... wedding you've attended?

Joey, on August 28, 2017 at 07:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 8

Now, let's bring this all together. Think of all the weddings you've been to. What made them stand out in your mind? What put the best wedding you've been to over the top, and will you incorporate that into your wedding?

So...

What's the best and worst wedding you've attended?

Photo by Petite Pearl Events

Photo from Pinterest

>>Click here to go to the next question, What's the best and worst... marriage advice you've received?

>>Click here to go to the previous question, What's the best and worst... wedding toast you've heard?

8 Comments

Latest activity by Vinod, on January 8, 2018 at 12:14
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I attended a wedding reception. Many years back and it felt as if it was sitting through The Family Guy episode. Boring yet seeing clips of a love story inbetween a script. Some if the guests left right after and some were dancing starting 10 30pm.

Never would i have wanted to be there if it was going to be that long especially since its started at 6 30pm. Speeches took long too.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All of them have been really good actually. I think the worst one was my cousins, only because the only people I knew there were my parents and aunts and uncles; none of my other cousins had been invited. And, they only had appetizers, most of which I couldn't eat due to food allergies.

The best one was my brothers. I was living in a different city that year, and hadn't seen some friends in quite some time. We danced most of the night and most of us were staying at my sister-in-laws house. We talked late into the night, pranked my brother and sister-in-laws room, and just had so much fun together.

• Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best wedding I attended was actually pretty recent, there wasn't anything in particular about the decor or the day. There were a lot of people we knew there which made the party a lot of fun.

The worst wedding was just a whole night of eating. There were 10 courses, and no dancing really. It was more of just a really long dinner.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

There have been a few good weddings that I have been to. One was when I was a bridesmaid a few years ago for my godmother. She got married at Disney World and I knew everyone at the wedding and we got to walk through the park in our wedding outfits to dinner. We got to be all silly and really enjoy ourselves! I also went to one back when I was quite a bit younger at a winery that was really fun.

The worst wedding I have been too wasn't actually that bad. It was my FH's friends from high school that were getting married. It was a lovely wedding except that I didn't really know anyone. My FH and I had only been dating a few months and most of the people attending were from his high school or were international friends of the bride and groom. It felt a bit like a high school reunion to be honest. I also had a really unpleasant encounter with someone who knew my FH and his ex. All in all not a great night!

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to a wedding last year and it was a dry wedding, not even a cash bar option and so that wasn't very fun. The whole reception dragged on and they didn't have an actual dj, just a laptop hooked up and the girl in charge was dancing a lot and so she wasn't really paying attention to it and so the same song would play twice, or if she didn't want a certain song played, she would run over and change it and there would be a pause for it and so it didn't flow well. Also we were a last minute addition to the guest list because we only met them last year and we became good friends, but the table we got put at was the last table and we didn't know anybody at our table... all of our other friends were at a different table and so we felt awkward and not talkative. Also I was sick at the time and so I wasn't feeling very hot to begin with.

The best wedding in my opinion was my own wedding! I honestly havn't been to very many weddings in my lifetime and so it is hard to compare with very little wedding experience!

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The best wedding for me - a tie between 2. The first wedding I went to where I could drink was pretty fun LOL but it was also a blast because I knew a ton of people and we danced all night! Also, the wedding I was a bridesmaid in was super fun, being in a wedding party can be stressful and hectic, but I had a blast!

The worst wedding was an amazing wedding, I had fun but it was overshadowed as my fiances uncle had been killed in an accident 2 days before. Im so glad I went to the wedding but it was definitely bittersweet for us.

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best was probably my MOHs 10 years ago because i was in the bridal party and I had a ton of fun and knew a lot of people.
    The worst was probably my cousins last year not because there was anything wrong with the event itself, it was lovely. I just felt awkward because I didn't know anyone besides my FH and there was family drama around the whole thing so I felt awkward.
  • Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The best wedding would have been my friend's wedding 4 years ago. It was such a relaxed environment and it was perfect.
    The worst would either be my fiancé's colleagues wedding or his e-best friend's wedding.
    They had been best friends since elementary school and he didn't even make him a groomsman despite his wedding party being massive and didn't acknowledge him at all the day of the wedding which doesn't make sense as They had been hanging out up until then. So weird. Also the family randomly got up and started playing flute and singing a religious song during dinner. Worst wedding ever lol so uncomfortable

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics