Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sara
Devoted October 2018 Ontario

What's everyone doing for their honeymoon?

Sara, on April 23, 2018 at 10:25 Posted in Honeymoon 0 45

Are you going on an adventure somewhere? Sticking with the love and romance theme?.

We're doing a little bit of both!

Going to Greece to explore the Ancient archaeological ruins and then spending a few days in romantic bliss - best of both worlds.

Are you going right after your wedding or waiting a bit?

45 Comments

Latest activity by Hollie, on May 11, 2018 at 09:55
  • Hollie
    Beginner September 2018 Ontario
    Hollie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to do more of a mini-moon to Mount Tremblant, QC and do some zip-lining, and relaxing. Then after we are saving up to visit my fiance's family in Mexico at a later date so they can meet me.

• Amber
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Costa Rica is AMAZING! I did 10 days off resort and did so many things lik white water rafting and zip lining! If you’re going to do anything definitely the hot springs, I loved it so much we may go back for our honeymoon.
  • Brittany
    Curious September 2018 Alberta
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re doing 10 days in Maui, leaving early the morning after our wedding. It’s going to be a crazy exhausting 24 hours but I think we’ll be so excited to be newly married and going on our honeymoon that I think the adrenaline will keep us awake. Haha
    We looked at Europe (too expensive) as well as places like the Dominican and Mexico but landed on Maui as its my favourite sunny vacation spot, there’s so much to do and it’s very safe. We can hardly wait!!
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think it’s wonderful! We are a combined family as well, and I wanted to go somewhere with the kids. Because we’ve never been anywhere together, he was insisting on a big trip with just the two of us. I was fine with going to the mountains, which is only a 4 hour drive. It’s not easy to go on a trip without the kids.
  • Stacey
    Frequent user October 2019 Ontario
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have talked about starting the trip off in Calgary or BC to see the mountains then heading down the coast in LA (Disneyland. ObvSmiley shame )
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We haven't decided yet! My hubby wants to go on a cruise, but I don't like to be on water for long periods of time lol!

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We can’t leave the country right away because of technical stuff. However initially were getting away for the weekend at a cottage. For the real honeymoon we are going to visit his family in Europe. So sightseeing and I get to meet the rest of the family.

• Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am on my second marriage (first for my soon-to-be-hubby), we both have kids, and we are pretty low-key. Our wedding is in the fall, and the week after is the Celtic Colours festival in Cape Breton. My partner has always wanted to go, and we haven't had an opportunity to really explore CB together (he's from there, but I've only visited once!). So, we are just driving from Halifax up to CB to spend 5 days up there enjoying the festival. Later on, we are going to take another trip somewhere else within Canada.

Not as glamorous as a lot of you, but it is something we will really enjoy. Our big trips involve our kids, so we would rather our money went to that, and not our "honeymoon." Smiley smile

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're not entirely sure either. Right now we're looking at El Salvador or Belize, but we're also looking into Thailand/Cambodia. We're all over the place with our ideas at the moment. We'll have to sit down and pinpoint what we want to do and where to go pretty soon.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I have no idea what we're doing anymore. We wanted to do Mexico, but as of late, that plan has kind of gone down the drain.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are going to Costa Rica for a week. Its my first big trip so we won't be doing anything too crazy. I'm a little nervous to leave the resort to be honest. If we do leave, we plan to check out an active volcano and the hot springs. We go back to work for 2ish weeks after the wedding and then we leave at the end of June.

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We’re doing the same thing! Haha I look forward to just relaxing with drinks on the beach 🏝
  • Sarah
    Frequent user December 2018 Alberta
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing 10 days in Cuba
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, we're probably just going I go down to Mexico at an all-inclusive. After the stress of the wedding, we just want to be served drinks on the beach and not have to move for a week lol. We can also easily pack for the honeymoon in the couple days between the wedding and our flight Smiley smile
  • Tara
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Tara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are thinking Disney as well 😊 or something different like staying at an Airbnb in Barbados. Following the thread for ideas 😁
  • Alysha
    Newbie July 2018 Saskatchewan
    Alysha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are headed to Thailand for our honeymoon! We are both teachers so we have the summers off together, we get married in the 14th of July and then we leave on the 22nd of July for 3 weeks. When in Thailand we will explore 2 cities doing adventure stuff like play with elephants, explore old temples, and food tours. We are going to get our scuba diving certificates once on the island portion, then its sun and sand and romance for the last 1.5 weeks. I absolutely cannot wait!!!!
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Undecided on where, but we're likely to wait till Christmas break!
  • Jane
    Frequent user July 2018 British Columbia
    Jane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to do a small road trip to Banff in the Rocky Mountains, where BOTH sets of our parents honeymooned 37 years ago. Then next year we will plan something over to Europe or go on a California roadtrip
  • Fiorina
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Fiorina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Aruba! We've never been and I'm looking forward to the beach and relaxing at an all inclusive
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to Bali for 12 days the Tuesday after the wedding!!!! I'm so excited!!! Everything about it looks amazing!!!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Disney World! I’ve been there a few times before so at least one of us knows what they’re doing when planning it!
  • Trinity
    Beginner May 2020 Ontario
    Trinity ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are taking a pre honeymoon to Miami & Bahamas on a lovely cruise ! & then the day after we get married we’re going on a two week road trip up northern Ontario & into Alberta! we’re huge on outdoors and camping, that’s how we spend a lot of our weekends winter & summer so it just seemed like the perfect fit! We’re currently renovating our trailer so we can take it for the summer of 2019, fingers crossed it’s done in time!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re going to Cancun. We wanted something affordable, hot and fun - we really rather put our money into building a home but we know we’d regret not taking a HM so I'm happy we decided to take one. I’m really excited about our resort it looks amazing, we’re going a month after our wedding can’t wait! Smiley smile
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have talked about going to The West Coast and then down to California (they have a Disney Land there and who doesn’t love Disney!). But ideally we both want to have total freedom to do anything we want, that is the main reason we are not going to an all inclusive resort.
  • Stacey
    Stacey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes Disney!!! Are you going to Dinsey Land or Disney World?? I’d suggest Disney World in Florida! They have a room where giraffes come right to the window!
  • Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Unfortunately no. My FH loves Star Wars but I just can’t get into it. I’m already dreading all of the “May the fourth be with you” jokes, and at first I didn’t want May 4 because of that reason, but Disney is cheaper in early May! Honestly though, I’m not totally opposed to Star Wars touches, but our theme is beach so I’m not sure Ani would appreciate the sand Smiley winking
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're spending two nights in this hotel room:

What's everyone doing for their honeymoon? 1

Then going somewhere along the coast for 8-9 days, haven't decided yet! In the winter, we will go on our real honeymoon to a tropical destination!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It's a good day! Any Star Wars elements to your wedding?

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow, I’m jealous!! Smiley tongue
    also, we’re getting married on the same day!
  • Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've been a good 14+ times, usually for 2 weeks at a time. Smiley smile

We're going Feb/March 2020 (Our wedding is May 4 2019). Depends on what cruise we decide to get.

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds awesome! We’re both Disney nerds and he’s never been before (I’ve been 5 times)! I think we’re just as excited for Disney as for our wedding! When are you going?
  • C
    Curious July 2018 Ontario
    Cathy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thinking something like Spain or Turks - somewhere that has both adventure and elegance - so not sure of all inclusive sandals type resort or doing it - or just plan as we go Europe trip ???

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics