Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What wedding decision did you make first?

Lynnie, on July 20, 2018 at 15:48 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 31

Think back to those moments right after the engagement... what was the very first wedding decision you made?

Did you know exactly where or when you wanted to get married? Did you have a favor or dress idea "on lock" that you had been thinking about for forever? Was it who would be in your wedding party??

(Bonus points if you can also remember the first annoying wedding question you were asked!)

What wedding decision did you make first? 1

Photo by Katlyn Jane Photography & Weddings in Lethbridge, AB

31 Comments

Latest activity by Kaisha, on November 23, 2018 at 00:23
  • Kaisha
    Super March 2019 Nova Scotia
    Kaisha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first few decisions we made took forever, we chose the date first (due to his deployment schedule) then the venue.

• Jessie
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Jessie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on the date and location first! Smiley smile

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on our venue first.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We decided on a venue first.

The first annoying wedding question we got was "why are you rushing things? Is there something you need to tell us?" We got married 9 months and 5 days after we got engaged which apparently meant people were entitled to ask awkward questions lol

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made the decision of who to marry!

And then it was the time of year. And then venue.

• M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photographer, then venue and date.
  • S
    Frequent user January 2021 Alberta
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far the only thing we have decided on is the date, and even that isn't set in stone.

Will definitely be January 2021. Tentative date at this point is January 21, but that's flexible.

We are doing a DW and can't get pricing for either our guests or the wedding itself for pretty much another year so we are kind of in limbo.

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Literally us!! hahahaha!!! Goodluck friend Smiley smile
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first decision was the general time we'd want to get married (summer 2019), then budget!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I am in a similar situation Emily! I have been with my fiance for over five years, and we are both 24 (although I could easily pass for 18). Everyone mentions or adds in their opinion that we are too young to be married - but we've already been through so much together and have lived together for a year now!

I wish you all the best!

• Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

As soon as we got engaged, my first decision was when and where we were going to get married. Then funnily enough, we ended up changing the year, season, and the venue! It was really funny how everything worked out (for the better!)

• Tyanna
    Super June 2019 British Columbia
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The date! But to be honest I've had that picked out since about 2 weeks into us dating 😂

After that was my colour palette!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had the venue and the wedding date before I even had a ring lol!! We were waiting to officially announced our engagement for family drama reasons, but I knew how fast venues booked up so we booked early anyway Smiley smile

The most annoying question is less of a question more of a statement. When people hear we're engaged they 99% of the time say, first, "How old are you?" (We're 23) followed quickly by, "Wow, you're so young!" Yes random person whoes oppinion doesn't matter. I'm glad you reminded me of my own age. I had almost forgotten. Forget the 6 years we've spent loving and supporting eachother.... people are just great :p
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first decision was our venue.. after being engaged for two years we finally decided to visit a hall and set our date a week later!
  • Morgane
    Curious February 2019 Alberta
    Morgane ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our first decision was a wedding or eloping- luckily we had spoken about it before and were both leaning towards an elopement. So we decided that within the 1st month
  • A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think first we decided on a theme, though thst was pretty much decided before we got engaged!
    Who my maid of honor was going to be was probably my first decision after engagement. We planned wedding date around vacation time
  • Rachael
    Super October 2019 Ontario
    Rachael ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My fiancé and I started with our guest list; we determined roughly how many people we wanted to invite, and started to look at venues online that would work within our estimated budget and number of guests.

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted it to be on a 24th, that date has a lot of meaning to us so we did what we needed to have our date on a 24th!
    Annoying question was always "When and where"... like we knew a 24th but calm down we've been engaged for a few weeks we dont have everything done yet hahah!!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We went on our first cruise when he proposed and we decided we were definitely going on a cruise for the honeymoon! Then when we got back to reality we picked our date and then our location (what city).

• Julia
    Frequent user June 2019 Alberta
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our first decision was where to go for our honey moon. Sounds funny, but we were on a 2 month backpacking journey through Europe when he proposed, and we were already thinking about where we were going next.

Our first and series of first annoying questions was when we were actually going to get married. We decided to have a long engagement and were in no rush to put an official date to it. We still get asked this question and the why so long question when people find out our wedding still isn't until next year.

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first decision we made was to get custom rings Smiley smile Since I proposed with bracelets I got to design my engagement ring and he designed our wedding bands.

I'm with Brittany on the most annoying question.... It took us 2 months before we found a venue that we fell in love with. For that little time in between we kept getting asked "when is the big day????" .... Like... chill. Let us enjoy being engaged please.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked the venue first, which also secured our date. But, after our engagement, the first thing we decided was our guest list
  • Candace
    Beginner August 2019 New Brunswick
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We choose out date first
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Location date and then venue. In that order 😊
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The date and venue since we both could afford a small wedding. Everything else followed after to complete.
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked the date first, then the location.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Date- we picked a wedding date within the first two weeks
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wasn't sure if I wanted a wedding ceremony. Then I decided I wanted to celebrate with close friends and family.

The first wedding decision was my dress
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it was either the date or type of venue. We were talking about both at the same time but I'm not sure what we agreed on first.
    We knew we wanted 2019 but we're back and forth on an exact date, I think we decided the date within the first week of our engagement.
    The venue we knew we didn't want the traditional banquet hall etc we wanted something different and something that is us, we decided we wanted a barn, would settle for a farm or vineyard too. Luckily we did get the perfect barn, but I think we decided on the date before anything.
  • Marie-Claire
    Devoted August 2018 Quebec
    Marie-Claire ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We chose the date first, since our window was very small (pretty much only August) and we wanted to secure a venue and tell people to save the date as soon as possible (we had a 6-months engagement).

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The city. We had thought about Arizona, Whistler, the Okanagan... but our first official decision was keeping it local. Then we had the budget discussion with parents, which let to time of year, and venue.

First annoying wedding question: "So when's the wedding?" Less than 24 hours after getting engaged...

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics