Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lynnie
WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina

What was the hardest thing to agree on?

Lynnie, on March 22, 2018 at 13:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 17

What was the most difficult planning decision for you and your fiancé(e) to agree on?

Was there anything that took a really long time for you to talk your fiancé(e) into?

What was the hardest thing to agree on? 1

Photo by Nadine Hansen Photography in New Westminster, BC

For more discussions about planning decisions, check out: How indecisive are you?, Did you pick your date or your venue first? , and What was your easiest planning decision?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on March 25, 2018 at 08:40
  • Meghan
    Frequent user August 2018 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Meghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The only thing we’ve really disagreed on was if we should invite kids or not. My FH and most of my immediate family were against inviting any kids. My family’s problem with it is they think it’s an unnecessary expense and a spot where we could invite other guests if we wanted, my FH also feels that they’re going to be disruptive during the ceremony and speeches. For me having kids there is part of the fun! I love kids and work with them everyday as an elementary school teacher, so I couldn’t picture my day without all my cousins kids there as well. In the end we decided to invite all 21 of them!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

DJ. We agreed to not have one and now my fiance is wanting one so it's back to the drawing board on that one!

The other thing was the photographer. I knew immediately who I wanted but my fiance wanted to look around a bit more. So we did, and he eventually agreed with me!

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The guest list. I wanted kid-free and he just couldn’t imagine the day that way. So we compromised and are only inviting the kids in our wedding (flower girl + ring bearer). This helped us determine where to draw the line with our list too: stopping at our first cousins.
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We disagreed about the reception music for sure! I love to dance to Motown and like Jackson 5 at weddings and he wanted a 90s cover band Smiley laugh
  • Lynnie
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It’s really funny and interesting what traditional aspects people care about when it comes to weddings!
  • Lindsay
    Curious June 2019 Ontario
    Lindsay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Guest list, and venue.

• Laura
    Curious September 2018 Quebec
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our hardest decision was the ceremony. I am non-religious and he is more religious (but not really). He absolutely wanted a church ceremony where as I wanted city hall. We compromised and found a small chapel.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think our hardest decision was deciding on the photographer. He honestly thought we could get amazing photos for under $1000. Not. lol

• Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Me too!!!! This is almost exactly my situation. We agreed on a venue that fit no more than 135 and his side takes up most of that. Mostly family and mutual friends. And for a while his parents were pushing us to get a bigger venue just to fit more people! It's crazy out there. I'm glad it worked out for you though. It gives me hope Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd say probably the cost of our photographer. But then he talked to his mom and told her everything included and without telling her what I wanted, she suggested the package I had picked lol. So that made it really easy.
  • Chloe
    Super May 2018 Ontario
    Chloe ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Finalizing the guest list. We wanted to have only 100 people, but his family is huge and takes up over 60% of the guest list. Then when you add our mutual friends, there wasn’t much room for my guests or any of his friends, so there was a lot of debate and negotiating. We ended up inviting 130 people and it looks like around 115 will come, so not too many more than we wanted.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’ve agreed on mostly everything! I was and still am worried about our guest list but it’s a tough situation when you have such a big family and you want to invite everyone. I’m mostly nervous because our tent can only fit so many people and we’ve invited more than it can fit. We know that not 100% of the people we invited will come and I know we’ll make it work if we go over since you can add onto the tent just costs more $$$ 🙈
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ooo, we haven't really had anything too bad yet.

Music has been a hard one for us, like the main important songs. But I don't think we've disagreed, we're both just having a hard time deciding what we want (although I think we're almost there now).

• Karen
    Expert September 2018 Ontario
    Karen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far church because my heart was set to being married at catholic church and he just wanted to be married. It got harder due to his baptismal certificate, we couldn't locate it at 1st. But now we're good.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So far it was the date. The date determined which venue we picked, and everything that followed.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the hardest thing for us to agree on was music for the most part and some of the guest list.

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

For agreeing it was the church. I am more religious then him and found it odd since we don't go to church he wanted it there. He wanted it due to his family telling him he needed it. I compromised with that. For me to talk him into something, not to sure yet! haven't had to but its more so the cost of anything he is always shocked

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics