Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jason&nataly
Beginner May 2017 Ontario

What kind of shoes!? matching with the dress or adding more color!?

Jason&nataly, on November 21, 2016 at 14:25 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 44
Hello lady's, I was wondering how many of you are thinking to wear a different color with your wedding dress...I am excited about the idea to add another color to my dress, matching maybe the bouquet with the shoes. I am not sure what do you dolls think!?

44 Comments

Latest activity by Bethany, on November 26, 2017 at 16:58
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think mine will be either ivory or silver!! But I am also wearing flats that no one will probably see!!
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are mine.

What kind of shoes!? matching with the dress or adding more color!? - 1
  • Katherine
    Frequent user August 2017 Quebec
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Bought these today! I figured I could go bold since my dress will cover them most fr the time and wedges so I don't sink into the grass during photos. And I can wear them again after! Probably going to have flats in hand for the end of the night

What kind of shoes!? matching with the dress or adding more color!? - 1
  • Shannon
    Devoted June 2020 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My FH and I are the same height so I am opting for some pretty blue flats to keep it fun and not make me a bunch taller than him.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'll post some pictures them as soon as I find and buy them. Smiley smile

• Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Now I just need to find them! I have 288 days to track them down Smiley smile

• C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My dress will be just above the floor, so shoes will be hidden for a little while.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Charlene! That's such a great idea! I'm sure it will look gorgeous for your winter wedding! I can't wait to see pictures! Smiley love How long will be your dress? Will people be able to see your shoes underneath? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Your shoes sound perfect! Love the wedge idea but you had me at red and sparkly Smiley smile
  • Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wedges are a great option for outdoors and comfort. Good call Laura!! I want to see photos Smiley smile

• C
    Curious January 2017 Alberta
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm getting white converse canvas shoes that I will spray with silver glitter and then dye shoelaces cranberry for a pop of color. My wedding is in January, so need something comfy for indoors or outdoors
  • Laura
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really want red shoes with some sparkle for mine. I am hoping for wedges since the ceremony is our doors and I don't want to get stuck in the lawn! Smiley smile

• Stephanielarson
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think that coloured shoes are a great idea and if not you definitely need some sparkle.

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    These are all amazing options! Love the 4th pair!!!!!
  • Stephanielarson
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've attached photos of some other options just to show you what you could buy that would be comfortable and go wth the dress. I even threw in a pair of dressy sneakers. Smiley kiss I'm wearing heels even though they're not super comfortable because I want my FH to see me look smokin hot as I walk down tht aisle. I'll change into a pair of converse(or similar) when we start dancing.

Comfortable wedding shoe that arn't sneakers

Comfortable wedding shoe that arn't sneakers

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks you.. I sure hope he does !

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haven't found any yet and tally hope I find a good pair Smiley smile. Looking for something maybe royal blue. I want heels but flats as well for afterwards.
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Tiffany! Did you find some shoes you liked so far? Smiley smile What will they look like? Will they be high heels or flats? Smiley love

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

This is so great Louise! I'm happy you're following this tradition! Welcome to the community my dear! Smiley heart What did you choose for your something old? Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Spring colours look so pretty! Maybe you could go with silver shoes? Something sparkly? That would go with well with spring colours! Smiley smile

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's great Katherine! I like that you are going for you're own style! Go for it! Smiley winking You'll be much more comfortable in those shoes! Did you buy them just for the wedding? Smiley smile

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great! I never have that problem lol. I usually always get the shoes the coordinate my clothes with them ! Lol I think it's a great shoe! I don't want my heal too high either. This height is perfect !
  • Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you! Smiley smile I wasn't even wanting to get my shoes when I found these and I just fell in love because the heel isn't too big so I will be able to walk and they were the perfect length with my dress - I just have to get it hemmed a tiny little bit in the front.

• Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of blue shoes as it'll be my something blue and it's our main color Smiley smile
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Super cute!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Stephanie! NO SNEAKERS!!! This is your special day. Sneaker you have access to all the time! You could use pretty flip flops or flat, but for the love of brides NO SNEAKERS! Smiley smile Lol
  • Stephanielarson
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Runners? Whatttttttt?? Smiley surprise I'd have to say I agree with your hairdresser but whatever makes you happy. Smiley tongue

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm thinking of getting gold flats shoes to wear and have a pair of high heels in the same colour. Gold is the he main theme colour of our wedding. My dress may contain gold in it to match everything.
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hmmmm I haven't decided yet either ! But I think I would want them to match my dress . Smiley smile Or maybe I'll be buy 2 pairs of shoes!!! Smiley smile
  • Louise
    Devoted September 2017 Quebec
    Louise ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Something old,
    something new,
    something borrowed,
    something blue,
    and a silver sixpence in her shoe.

The old item provided protection for the baby to come. The item borrowed from another happy bride provided good luck. The colour blue was a sign of fidelity. The sixpence — a silver British coin — was a symbol of prosperity or acted as a ward against evil done by frustrated suitors.

I am English, so for me this is a way I can bring the tradition into my wedding Smiley smile

• Jason&nataly
    Jason&nataly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am thinking about blue, but I am. It sure if I have to match this color with my bouquet and also with the decoration! I don't want haha...I want my decoration white, with maybe silver...and I want my bridesmaid with different dress and different colours (I don't have any preference as long as they wear a spring color will be nice
  • Jason&nataly
    Jason&nataly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Awwwwe that is amazing idea, I am pretty sure that he will love it.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics