Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

What is your wedding budget?

Zoë, on June 29, 2017 at 11:05 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 49

Hi everyone!

No matter what budget we have... the goal is making our wedding dreams happen! Smiley love

What is your wedding budget? How much are you planning to spend? Smiley love

What is your wedding budget? 1

pinterest

49 Comments

Latest activity by Katherine, on November 24, 2021 at 14:54
  • K
    Newbie May 2023 Lisboa
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our max budget is about $20,000. We are eloping and spending a month abroad in Portugal and Spain! So that will include a month of travel expenses, attire, rings, a photographer for 3-4 hours, documentation, car rental.. that's about it! We will have a party when we get home and worry about those expenses later but it'll probably be a backyard BBQ.

• Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget is $40,000 and we're probably going to be spending $36,000

• D
    Newbie June 2022 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget for the wedding $6,500. The Honeymoon budget is $10,000. Thank god family is helping us!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were looking at 20G and ended up with 18, 509 without th honeymoon expense.
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Approximately 15,000 but to be determined! I'd like to spend less but I don't think that's going to happen.
  • L
    Curious October 2018 New Brunswick
    Lyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Most likely between $2000 and $5000. 😛 Nothing is official yet, but I'm lucky & grateful to have a lot of connections in the family & a few talented friends too. ☺ My grandmother used to make wedding cakes & she's been making food for the local church for years. My aunt designs anything related to flowers lol. 😀 Plenty of musically talented family memebers. Lots of friends who are married or have planned weddings before. Friends from college who are wicked talented with photography & videography. The venue is free at a public park. We're relying on Etsy for cheap decorations & gifts. And luckily enough, I'm a graphic designer & photographer, so I'd looove to design my invitations & cards & such and take our engagement photos. ☺ People doubt we can make it cheap, but I say we can totally do it. 😎
  • Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget was originally supposed to be $30,000, but once we priced everything out, we will be carefully managing expenses to keep it under $35,000 for 125 guests. Our wedding is in Banff, and that has more than doubled the cost of a wedding twice that size at home:

-Our ceremony and reception venues are each about $2500;
    -Catering is approx $55/plate, excluding cake & dessert;
    -Beverages are $7/ea. We'll be providing wine on the table and subsidizing beverages to bring the cost down to $5/ea for our guests;
    -Photography is $4000
    -Flowers & Decor is $5000

• Sandy
    Beginner September 2023 Quebec
    Sandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anywhere between 20,000.00$ - 40,000.00$ depending on how many guests actually RSVP...

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    20000.00 and that is with some fun "extras" my wedding without the extras is 10000.00.
  • Dana
    Curious May 2018 British Columbia
    Dana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're aiming for around 20k give or take. We live in Victoria so being a known city of romantics, costs are high. Our venue is 4500, which is for both ceremony and reception (and bottomless Cider!!! Excellent deal for that), catering 2500 for 60 guests, and that was on the low end of the scale. Luckily we have friends in all sorts of personal beer making, printing, floral, photography and musical professions, so we've been getting good deals on that!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're between $5,000 and $6,000 at this point.

• Joy
    Beginner July 2018 Ontario
    Joy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    About 25k. Venue with F&B is about half the budget. 100 guests. Think this is pretty good considering we're getting married in Toronto.
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are hoping for 250 guests to stay around $15,000. It should be interesting. Smiley smile

• Ashley
    Super June 2018 Alberta
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My budget is 10 k. Hoping we don't spend more than what we want. FINGERS CROSSED

• Katnner
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katnner ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are spending under 18K. We have 130 guests (potentially) but we both don't want anything to extensive. So far with everything calculated we are under budget, but we are still over a year out.

• Z
    Newbie June 2018 British Columbia
    Zahara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $25-30k, with around 100 guests. Venue including all food and set up for ceremony and reception is the bulk of it at $15k.
  • Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew that we didn't want to spend a fortune as we are paying for the wedding ourselves. we found an amazing all in venue for $5000.00 this includes- venue, photographer, commissioner, bouquet for bride, boutonniere for groom, guitar player, food ( budget of 1000&dollarSmiley winking non alcoholic beverages and hair and makeup for the bride.

we were so fortunate to find this amazing venue and cocktail style wedding for 60 guests. we know that we will likely be upping that by 2-3 thousand once we include booze, buses, rings and other attire.

• I
    Newbie July 2020 Ontario
    Ishia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    30,000-32,000 (200 guest) hoping to stay under
  • Jenn
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    160 guests and hoping to stay under $30,000
  • Sabrina
    Frequent user October 2017 Quebec
    Sabrina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are trying to keep it under $20k, so far we are right on track.

• Gyann
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Gyann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

After reading some comments - I am starting to think our wedding budget is crazy... 130 people we are looking at 35000 already that doesnt include our wedding rings as that was already purchased separately.

• Cynthia
    Curious August 2018 Ontario
    Cynthia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Budget is about $30,000 but we're not looking to actually spend that much. It just gives us a bit of breathing room not to worry too much.

• Angela
    Newbie August 2017 Ontario
    Angela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    8,000 was hoping less
  • Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We are having a cash bar with wine on the tables, ordered through the venues license... They will charge us cost for the wine... My hometown Girl Guide units have 10+ years experience catering, so we hired them to do the dinner buffet... I'm hiring a friend of mine as DOC... She and her husband will keep the bar snacks and hydration station topped up... Later in the evening they will put out the late night snacks buffet... We will provide the food for bar snacks and late night buffet.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our budget is $10,000, but with tax on everything we are just under $11,000 according to my wedding wire budget planner. Not bad!!!!!
  • Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Exactly! I feel like this is a good way to approach a budget. Decide what's important to you and spend your money on that.

• Sylvia Anna
    Beginner August 2018 Alberta
    Sylvia Anna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going to spend 10,000 for 100 people. We are also having a 2 yr engagement so that we can save money and buy a house July next year and then save money for our wedding the year after. We are cooking our own food polish style old fashioned cooking and doing preety well everything ourselves and the venue is at my parents family farm.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's excellent. What will you be doing for food and drinks?

• Jen889
    Devoted May 2018 Quebec
    Jen889 ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is what were doing. We're only 40 people but we will be spending close to $18,000. We splurged on the venue as we loved it. We will be doing top shelf booze and amazing food. For us its whats super important. Not the decorations etc but the food and drinks.
  • Amanda
    Newbie September 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Trying to stay as close to $15k as possible... it's very hard to do in an expensive city though Smiley sad
  • Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $15,000 for 100 people.
  • Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds like it will be quite the "shin dig". Good luck with all your planning.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics