Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Zoë
Master June 2020 Ontario

What is your wedding budget?

Zoë, on June 29, 2017 at 11:05

Posted in Plan a wedding 49

Hi everyone! No matter what budget we have... the goal is making our wedding dreams happen! What is your wedding budget? How much are you planning to spend? *** pinterest

Hi everyone!

No matter what budget we have... the goal is making our wedding dreams happen! Smiley love

What is your wedding budget? How much are you planning to spend? Smiley love

560fd37e22b18251cbcaf59d58d48905.jpg

pinterest

49 Comments

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

80 guests. We agreed we'd spend the majority of our money here. We want our guests to have an amazing time, so we'll sacrifice money on things guests don't care about like decorations, favours, etc. and spend our money on amazing/tons of food and top shelf open bar.

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours is 10,000 max for 130-160 people including honeymoon... We should end up underbudget.
  • Amanda
    Frequent user September 2017 Quebec
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My original budget was 3000 but I think we are up to between 5 and 6 thousdand and that's all cause evwrything is paid off and or bought!
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's still quite good, Kate. You must be good at finding the bargains!

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Wow! That's a huge chunk of money. How many guests are coming? Which price totally caught you off guard?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my, Jen! That's a down payment on a house or condo! How many people have you invited?

• Sonja
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want to go over $5000 and we're at about $4000 now but everything is pretty much done at this point. We have only invited 30 guests and are paying for it ourselves.

• Faith
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Faith ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Right now we're sitting at $2550 but most likely going to be around$3000 cause I know we haven't done everything yet. Our goal was to keep it as close to 3K but nothing over 5K. So far so good. Helping friends and my church being the venue has helped a ton!
  • Kate
    Expert July 2017 Ontario
    Kate ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours started out @ 2500.00$ and became 3000.00.$

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget was around $15K and we are currently sitting around $11K with pretty much everything done. We were lucky and found a venue that was pretty much all inclusive, with DJ, Flowers and wedding cake included, so it really help cut a lot of costs. We are also doing a Friday in the off season which was a big help as well.

• Sasha
    Super October 2017 Ontario
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We originally wanted a 5000$ budget but for our dream venue we had to up the budget. So right now it's between 8-10k. Thankfully we have had a TON of help from family which we were honestly not expecting so that was a huge help in keeping our budget within reason.
  • Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Way too much! lol
    We're doing pretty good at keeping costs down though and we've been good at saving, so we shouldn't be in debt once all is said and done.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our scary number was 20k. That quickly changed when we realized that we were forgetting to add in a lot of the little details. Our scary number is now 30k. We are just over 20 right now but decided to bump it up just in case. And this is even with only paying for the bar during the cocktail hour. Could you imagine if we ended up paying for the bar the whole night?! eeekkk

• Loni
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Loni ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well we were hoping to keep it at $30,000, but we've only booked the venue and photographer so far and are already at $25,000 so I don't think thats happening Smiley ups

• Stephanie
    Beginner September 2018 British Columbia
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our budget started out being 15 thousand but we realized we'd probably have to bump it up a little bit (we are having a medium sized wedding of 130 people, and we found out after booking our venue that they have a minimum spend on weekends). It's currently sitting at $17,500 and we are hoping to not going over that!

We also found everything is more expensive than we thought! We had to decide what we wanted to splurge on (we splurged on our photographer) and what we can do without (the big thing is no DJ) to make it happen. Crazy how even the little things add up so much!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We have a budget of between 10 and 12 thousand.

• B
    Super August 2017 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it was about 10 thousand but some categories in this pic are way off for us. My photographer is 2500. And the rings are like 4x 200 dollars. We split the costs so I only know what I spent. Which is pretty much more than anything in the categories lol
    Dress: $996 Alterations: $300 DJ: $1086Photographer: $2500Flowers: $650 Officiant: $475Invites: $150 Beauty: $250
    So I've spent $6157. Mike spent about $6500 on the venue which includes food and reception and overnight stay. Our wedding is more expensive than I thought. That's not even including my shoes and accessories.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics