Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Taylor
Newbie August 2019 Alberta

Wedding Photographer - how much are you paying?

Taylor, on January 10, 2018 at 13:56 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37

Hi!

I am looking for a ballpark idea of what people are paying for engagement + wedding photos? I want to make sure that I won't be paying too much.

Thanks in advance Smiley smile

37 Comments

Latest activity by Michelle, on April 6, 2019 at 10:26
  • Michelle
    Beginner September 2022 Ontario
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Hi Emily!

Can I ask the name of the photographer you used?
  • Taylor
    Newbie August 2019 Alberta
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes, I did book a photographer! I really appreciate all of the help.

• Joey
    WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland
    Joey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Taylor, did the answers here help you settle on a good budget that you're comfortable with? Have you hired a photographer?

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $1300 for engagement and wedding day pictures. Quality ca.e out great and happy with them.
  • Lea
    Newbie June 2018 Ontario
    Lea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $2,000 for 2 seasoned photographers, engagement shoot, 10 hours wedding, i think 1/4 $ paid up front, the rest paid when the pics are returned, all pics no water marks on USB, and they touch up the best and will do additional (within reason) for free. Latte Productions in Kitchener.
  • M
    Expert July 2018 Alberta
    Marina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Around 1200 for 1 hour of engagement session and approximately 5 hours of wedding photography.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

$3800 12 hr coverage, USB, we get a free wedding album in our package, 2 photographers and engagement shoot (was supposed to be an hr but we ended up with a 2 hr shoot no extra charge)

21370906_10155595234359590_436795664227521432873_10155595236479590_4406093670941

• Summer
    Devoted May 2019 Ontario
    Summer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m paying $900 for my photographer. She just launched her wedding photography but has done some amazing work!
    it includes 9 hours, 1 Shooter, images on a USB, print release and an engagement session.
  • Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Isn’t it ?! Magical Stills
    he does great work.. that price even includes a videographer as well!
  • Biondina
    Newbie May 2019 Ontario
    Biondina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Can I ask which photographer?! That seems like an amazingly low price for the GTA!

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m paying 3000 for two photographers for 10 hours, engagement shoot, edited photos, large print of a pic for the reception and a photo album
  • Kristine
    Frequent user October 2017 Ontario
    Kristine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I've heard so many horror stories that start with... my friend offered to do our wedding pictures.

If this friend is an actual photographer (and not just a side hobby) than you are lucky!

But if not, just be warned. My uncle took lots of pictures during our wedding with a high end camera, but the pictures DO NOT come close to the photographers pictures.

• Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m spending more than I planned ($3800) but my photographer has been SO worth it. She’s incredibly talented and has helped me so much through the process. This includes 2 shooters, 9 hours, coffee table album, full use of all photos, engagement session, and I forget what else.
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I've also noticed a lot of the time photographers are offering the exact same products and quality but one is very expensive. The more money you spend definitely does not define quality!
  • Noelle
    Beginner July 2018 Alberta
    Noelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am paying $3000 which includes an engagement photo shoot, 10 hours of coverage, a second shooter, and a gorgeous wedding album. I did not want to cheap out on photography... it is so worth it!
  • Atlantisxo
    Newbie August 2019 Ontario
    Atlantisxo ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I asked this on a mom's group and got anywhere from $1000 to $4000
  • Charlene
    Curious May 2018 Ontario
    Charlene ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Around $3000
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our photographer is $3200 for 10 hours and an esession.

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiance and i are lucky- we are having our wedding pix done as a gift from a friend of his. however, our engagement pix were done by a local photographer we've worked with and we got that for about $700.

Wedding Photographer - how much are you paying? 1
  • Holly
    Expert June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Photography is big for me! I chose our photographer because she is absolutely amazing, I've been a fan of her work for a while now and she bases her packages off of what she was looking for when she got married. So we get two photographers for the ceremony (her and her husband), then at the reception she will do the photos (obviously) while her husband will be her assistant, we also get all the photos, no time limit, no extra charge for travel, and a free engagement shoot with the photo included in that. And it was under our budget!
  • Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got a photographer for 1300 that was for engagement pictures and 12 hours of the wedding day. He brought an assistant along no extra charge. Edited and on usb hand delivered.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got our engagement photos done for $350 and our package for the wedding is $2000. We lucked out with the prices and were prepared to pay much more if need be. This was one of our priorities in the budget because the photos are so important.
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Rachel Patterson Photography... Shes based out of the Fraser Valley in BC.
  • Jessica
    Frequent user August 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Which photographer?
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $2700 and that includes 8 hours and our engagement photos. As we took our engagement photos in Romania so our photographer added an extra hour to our package and now we have 9 hours.
  • Tradingabyss
    Frequent user August 2018 Ontario
    Tradingabyss ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $2400 for 8 hours one shooter and around 300 edited shots. Engagement shoot not included but $50 dollars off
  • Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    $3,000 for a photographer and 2nd shooter, unlimited photos for 8 hours. The best ones will be available on a secure link online and on a USB key + an album. My FH was shocked at the price but when we looked at anyone offering lower prices, we knew we wouldn’t be happy with the finished product.
  • Mandy
    Devoted July 2019 Alberta
    Mandy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I have a question how many hours and do you have unlimited photos?
  • Breanne
    Frequent user September 2019 Alberta
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying $1,500.00 for two shooters, an engagement session and all of our prints edited and put on a USB
  • Tracy
    Devoted September 2018 Ontario
    Tracy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We're paying 3800 for two photographers for 12 hours, already had our engagement shoot. Our photographer is the best, we love her so much! I really cannot say enough nice things about her, she is extremely talented and so easy to work with.
  • Ashleigh
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Ashleigh ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are paying $400/hour and an additional $500 for a second shooter. So it comes to $2,100.00. Expensive but she's worth it! This was on the cheaper end for Durham Region. Most were $2,600.00 and up for our top 5 choices. I wish I had taken up photography instead of wedding florist 😂
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are paying $3000 for two photographers for 10 hours, engagement shoot, and 20 prints.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics