Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Jennifer
Beginner May 2019 Ontario

Wedding dresses

Jennifer, on February 27, 2018 at 18:54 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 34

How many dresses did you try on before you found the one?

How many stores did you attend?

Did you bring in ideas or just wing it?

34 Comments

Latest activity by Brenda, on March 6, 2018 at 17:50
  • Brenda
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Brenda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    3 stores and then had one custom made.
  • Kaitlyn
    Newbie August 2018 Alberta
    Kaitlyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to one store with the dress already picked out, tried it on and it was the one.
  • Taylor
    Newbie September 2019 Ontario
    Taylor ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I brought in ideas but the girl helped me narrow it down further. I went to 4 different places and tried on probably 20 dresses!
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one store and I can't really tell you how many dresses I tried on because I was modelling them for that company at the time that I was buying my own. The dress I ended up purchasing was one of the samples I wore for a wedding show. I put it on and knew I had to have it. It was nothing like what I thought I wanted and loved how it looked on me.

Wedding dresses 1

Wedding dresses 2

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I booked two appointments at two stores for the same day. I went to the first one and tried on about 15 dresses. Nothing really stuck out and I didn't like the service, but I had at least narrowed down the style and fabric I preferred. The second salon we went to, I tried on 4 dresses and purchased the third one. The last one I wanted to try, so I didn't miss out.

I brought a few ideas with me (about 4 different pictures) so that the stylist could also help pick some. If you go to a stylist who knows their stock well, they should be able to find dresses that you'll love more than you or your bridal party do based on those ideas (at least what my experience was)

• Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had three appointments booked. Didn’t have luck at the first one, found my dress at the second one and cancelled the third. I’d say I tried on about 10 dresses I think mine was number 5 or 6 but I tried a few more after and then went back to it and cried like a baby lol. I had pictures but my consultant didn’t even need them she figured out my vibe and what I wanted right away. The good ones ask all the right questions and let you look at dresses too.
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I brought in ideas. When I tried on the first dress, I knew right away that's the one. I tried a total 0f 4 dresses at that store. The following weekend, I visited another store and tried on 4 more dresses. In the end, I went back to the first store and bought that first dress.

My dress Wedding dresses 3

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user June 2018 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to two stores, tried probably about 15 dresses total before I found the one. it was above my price range, but I mentioned that I loved Hayley Paige and she had the dress for me. It was the one!

• Tatiana
    Expert April 2018 Ontario
    Tatiana ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to just one store, my plan was to go to few and i had a certain budget, but then i tried on my dress (was third dress tried on) and bang that was it Smiley smile

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks Jennifer !!
    Also.. LOVE your proposal pic you have up. So beautiful Smiley smile
  • Emily
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried on at least 8-10 dresses, visited 3 stores.

I knew what color I wanted but that was about it. I winged it from there because it would be difficult to find a dress in full red but walked into the right bridal store and they were able to order one in for me and luckily they had the white one in store for me to try on so I still got a feel for the fabric and weight of the dress.

• Amanda
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks! Smiley smile I never got a pic of the back, but it's all lace/ sheer Smiley laugh
    I have 6 more lbs to lose before I can reward myself (by trying on the dress again ) I'll have to get a shot of the back this time
  • Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The overlay really does make the whole thing pop!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It is absolutely beautiful!

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

The shoulder straps! i love all the detail in them.

• Jennifer
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I tried on a dress similar to this, it hugs in all the right places. its beautiful

• Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thanks!! It’s like instead of a veil. This is what the front is like.

Wedding dresses 4
  • Carmela
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Carmela ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Is that a cape for a veil b/c I freaking love it! Its gorgeous!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to 1 store and tried on 10-15 dresses and "the one" was the second one I tried on.

• Rebecca
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Rebecca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went to 3 stores before I found “the one” ! I kept liking the options I saw but I still had doubts.. I was so nervous to experience buyers remorse. One day I had 3 appointments booked, and I ended up finding the dress at my first appointment that day! As soon as I put it on I knew Smiley smile I’m still so happy with my choice and can’t wait for it to come in !!

Wedding dresses 5
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried on about 10. I brought pictures with me of things of interest but my main descriptive words to the sales consultants (went to three stores) were:

- Light

- Romantic

- Vintagey

I also know what shape i like on my body.. more empire waist so that helped steer me in the right direction.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried on 8 dresses. It was actually the first dress I tried on that I fell in love with!

I went to two different stores in the same day.

I brought in ideas. I saved a bunch of dresses that I really liked and the consultant at the first store used that to pull dresses. The second store we got to pick the dresses ourselves and so that is where I tried on ones that were completely different!

• Jodi
    Frequent user September 2018 Alberta
    Jodi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I tried about 10 dresses on but it was the second dress I tried that ended up being the one. I had my sister, my best friend, my mother in law and my best friends mom with me for my appointment. I told them exactly what I wanted- lacey, low back, straps, fitting, romantic, country music star... haha my sister and best friend browsed the store and found me my dress!!

• Megann
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on 10 gowns at one shop. Went to the Gala Expo, tried on a few more, then went back to the same shop & tried on the one that was still on my mind a month later. I bought it Smiley smile

Wedding dresses 6

Wedding dresses 7
  • Amanda
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I started looking with a clear picture of what I wanted. Something low-key, very casual (and cheap) since the wedding was going to be super informal. I found one I liked at a salon (bridesmaid dress) but thought I was going too fast (I was literally on my lunch break) and I thought I'd regret not trying on the pricier gowns.

I went back a couple weeks later becausw i noticed the salon had a huge end of season sale. I brought my mother and tried on about 4-5 dresses, and I was still convinced I wanted the bridesmaid dress (ordered in white) that I tried on weeks earlier. I tried on the final gown (which was much bigger and more extravagant than i wanted) came out of the dressing room and looked in the mirror. My face kind of contorted and there was an audible "awwwww *expletive*..." when I realized it was the one, Because I knew that once the dress got bigger... evverything else was foing to get bigger too :p
    But I love it :p

Wedding dresses 8
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I got my dress at a second hand bridal boutique while visiting family in Cardiff, Wales. I was just planning on looking while away to share the experience with my grandmother, but I saw the dress in the window and the next day, went back to try it on and fell in love! It was the first one I tried on, but I tried on 4-5 more after just to make sure. I had wanted long sleeves since our wedding is in November, in Ontario, but it was too beautiful to resist!

Wedding dresses 9

Wedding dresses 10
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my gosh your dress is stunning! 😍
  • K
    Newbie July 2018 Ontario
    Kristal ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hated the whole dress thing. I went to 2 different stores and tried on 5 dresses. I don't like the wedding gown, so I decided to make my dress. Renaissance style.
  • Laura
    Frequent user October 2018 British Columbia
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I only tried on 4 dresses at one store. The last one was it! I did a bunch of browsing on Pinterest to get an idea of what I wanted.
  • Rosalyn
    Devoted August 2018 Alberta
    Rosalyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had an idea of what I wanted and once I tried those ideas on I was totally overwhelmed because I hated them! 10-15 dresses later I found what I liked and it was different Than what I expected! Keep it open! Try on whatever and make quick decisions (yes/no) have fun with it and remember it’s ok NOT to find your dress the first day!
  • Emily
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I also probably tried on about 15-20 dresses. I went to 4 different stores and found my dress at the last store. I had pinned some styles and ideas I liked but when I went shopping I was open to just try on a lot of styles even if I didn’t love them on the hanger! I had really wanted lace long sleeves but ended up with a strapless dress but was able to incorporate lace with the overlay that came with my dress.

Wedding dresses 11

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics