Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Tyanna
Super June 2019 British Columbia

Veil or no veil?

Tyanna, on June 8, 2018 at 01:02 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 35
What are everyones thoughts on a veil? We are having a short, personal, non traditional ceremony on the beach.

How many of you will be wearing veils at your weddings, and if you dont mind my asking, was it for a traditional purpose or more just because you knew you did/didn't want one?

35 Comments

Latest activity by Bianca, on June 11, 2018 at 23:00
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No veil for me! I personally just don't feel any connection to having one.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm wearing a cathedral veil! It was the same one my mom wore to her wedding! I knew I wanted one; I think it just completes the bridal look. I will only be wearing it for the ceremony though!

• Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Sounds lovely!! Can’t wait to see your photos Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think I'm going to get a cathedral length veil, ise it for the ceremony and for pictures and then ditch it for the reception Smiley smile

My mom and I are both hairstylists so I feel pretty confident we can fix any hair issues that may arise from it Smiley smile
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was not tied to the idea of having a veil, and kinda pictured myself wearing a birdcage veil if I did go for one. That being said, i picked a dress that I was not expecting so it goes without saying that the veil is not what I expected either lol. I didn’t go for a super traditional long veil which would cover my face, which I guess would have been nice for photos, but that would have been too much for me. I went for it not for tradition, but I did feel that it completed the look of my dress and the bridal look. It’s a super personal thing Smiley smile have you decided what you’ll do?
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If I wore a veil it would be a birdcage veil...but I plan on wearing a flower in my hair instead.
  • B
    Devoted September 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It’s up to you, but I am Choosing to have a veil.
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes this is a great idea! I keep seeing photos like that and they are gorgeous!
  • Genis
    Frequent user January 2019 Alberta
    Genis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s what I will be doing too! Have it for ceremony, and some of the pictures! Just adds something and as I said it made me feel like a bride and completed the dress!
    if I could I would have had a veil like Megan Markle 😂
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Right! I may get a shot or two in my veil and my lingerie as I get ready - a little surprise when he gets the pics back Smiley smile I am sure I will take it off part way through pictures and definitely before the reception.

The beachy wind will give you such great pics; but if it is tooo bad you still may have to ditch the veil.

Rock it girl.

• Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Agree so much with this! I think I will get one and ditch it after ceremony and pictures Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    My mom and I are both hair stylists, so I'm fairly confident that we can work around any hair issues but I'm thinking of having one for the ceremony and pictures and then ditching it Smiley smile
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think thata what I will do! My mom and I are both hairstylists so i feel pretty confident that I qont have any serious hair issues if i switch it after the ceremony!
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's beautiful!!! I may have to contact you ❤
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You guys have convinced me that k want one for the ceremony! I love the picture ideas you can have with the big long veil
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds pretty much what om thinking I want to do. J love the picture ideas you can do with long veils 😍😍😍
  • Tyanna
    Tyanna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's honestly the only reason I'm considering a veil hahahah I LOVE some of the pictures you can get
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a veil for the ceremony just because I like veil pictures! Smiley love

I took the veil off right after the ceremony! So you can always have it both ways if you want!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yes yes yes. And not for the traditional reasons. I love the bridal "look" of the big long veil. I also love the picturesque photos you get where the veil is flowing, or over both your heads (close up).... I think you have to want the look... I couldn't imagine my ceremony/some photos without it.

• Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to have a birdcage veil to get a more vintage vibe!

• Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing a two tiers, elbow length veil to match my dress. I made my own veil with 500 swarovski crystal in 4 rows, double sided. Wedding veil is very expensive out there in the market. I figured out how to make it myself. I have the time and I can help out any brides who is interested to get one. I will only charge you the cost of the materials.

Double sided crystalsVeil or no veil? 1

Size of swarovski crystal is 4.8 mm eachVeil or no veil? 2

Veil FrontVeil or no veil? 3

Metal CombVeil or no veil? 4

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not want a veil, but when I tried a finger length one at the salon with my dress, it really put the look together, so I decided to do it for the ceremony and family pictures. I took it off for pictures with my wedding party and for the reception.

• Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am doing a cathedral veil because I LOVE the pictures you can get with it waving in the wind, with him wrapped inside etc. I could do a birdcage with my dress, but the drama wins!

• Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm planning on having baby's breath in my hair, so I probably won't have a veil.

Something like this

Braided HairVeil or no veil? 5

• Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ll be wearing a veil because I like the style of it with my dress Smiley smile
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hate veils on me and was set I didn’t want one (and still don’t). But when I picked my dress it did look like something was missing without one so I do have a long cathedral length veil.
    I may still not wear it as I know the second it’s pinned in I’m going to be so annoyed by it I want to rip it out and im worried I probably won’t be able to hide my annoyance.
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be no veil for 3 reasons:

1) extra cost (cheapest veil I saw was $45)

2) my dress is red (hard to find a veil to match it)

3) only wearing it for a couple hrs

I knew from the beginning I didn't want a veil but when I purchased my dress I knew for sure I was going no veil

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wore a veil at my wedding as I liked the look of it with my dress and it was my mum's veil. I wore it for the ceremony and some photos and then ditched it for the night.

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I honestly really don't care if I have one in a traditional sense and hadn't been planning on wearing one when I bought the dress.

A month ago however I bought an inexpensive one just in case I change my mind (rather be over-prepared than under). When I go for my hair trial next month I will likely bring it to see if my hair looks better with or without. Should I wear it, it will likely only be for the ceremony. I think they look beautiful on some brides (the cathedral are so pretty with the right dress) but I'm not sure it will suit my dress

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I will be wearing one (as long as it looks good and goes with the dress that I pick), the main reason that I will be wearing it is because I like the part where after walking down the isle your dad or whoever lifts the veil over and says "goodbye" to his daughter.

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going to have a veil. It just sort of happened when we went to get my dress. My MIL was looking for veils and we found one that matched my style for the dress. Not against veils or anything. Also keep in mind you have to work your bridal hair style around it.
  • Rekramer
    Expert November 2018 Ontario
    Rekramer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am not wearing one, I decided it’s just an added expense/trouble. I’m pretty proud of my hair, got a flowery gold comb to put in and decided that was enough.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics