Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Beginner June 2023 Ontario

Two Dresses?

Hailey, on August 10, 2018 at 21:18 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 10

So with budget in mind, but also the idea that I (plan to) only be married once, is it crazy to buy two wedding dresses? The ceremony dress I want is a big ballgown and the reception dress I want to be a sexier backless fitted dress. Am I nuts, or is this reasonable if it (somewhat) fits budget?

10 Comments

Latest activity by Tori, on August 17, 2018 at 00:36
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go for it! I too will be having two dresses!! Even before I found a venue I figured that I would want something like a white sundress so I could actually be comfy during the reception. And now that I have a venue I really do need two because we will be having bonfires that I wouldn't want my dress to get burnt Smiley tongue
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's worth it! Ballgowns are gorgeous but hard to dance in. If you can afford it, I say go for it! Sometimes bridesmaids dresses come in white, which would be more budget-friendly

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If your budget allows, then go for it!

another alternative is to buy your sexy dress and add a removable ballgown skirt to it that you can detach after the ceremony.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it fits the budget, then definitely go for it!

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Go for it!!! My original plan was 2 dresses too but I blew all my budget on the first dress so woooops~~ very worth it I'm so happy still! But yeah my original plan was 100% to do 2 dresses!! If you find two you love go for it!
  • Emily
    Devoted February 2020 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If it is within your budget do it! Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say go for it! I had a friend do it, and it was awesome!
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    In terms of budget, I would maybe try a second hand bridal boutique if you have access to one. You could maybe find a sexy dress there for a discounted price. Or depending on how much time you have left, find a REALLY cheap dress at a thrift store and have a seamstress personalize it for you. If you're worried about budget, I wouldn't go back to a bridal salon and buy a brand new bridal gown.

Le Chataux actually has some bridal style gowns that are sexy, and they are in the $600 range, instead of the $1000s Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I say go for it! 👰
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Girl you are nuts BUT SO AM I!!! I did the exact same thing. So excited I got my ball gown for ceremony and then BAM i will change to something fitted and more sexy for reception. I say do it!!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics