Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Marcia
Super August 2018 Manitoba

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox

Marcia, on May 9, 2018 at 15:38 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 26

Help! I'm having trouble deciding whether I should have a traditional guestbook or a Guest book Wedding Dropbox? What have you brides decided to go with?

Traditional Guest BookTraditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 1

Guest Book DropboxTraditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 2

26 Comments

Latest activity by Sydney, on May 17, 2018 at 00:21
  • Sydney
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Sydney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We actually debated this for a long time... We decided against a traditional guestbook, because knowing us, we would stash it away somewhere and never look at it again. We wanted something we could display!

This isn't a picture of ours, but a picture of what we ordered... People can sign it with a sharpie/paint pen, then we can hang it up after! So excited for it to come in Smiley smile

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 3

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with a guest book since we did everything simple.
  • Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

So beautiful! I love your guest book!Smiley heart

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sounds so sweet, thats a really good idea Smiley smile! I love the idea of opening them on your anniversary, very romantic Smiley shame Smiley heart

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Really beautiful! I love the uniqueness, and the fact that you can hang it on your wall with photos! I'm also going to go the non-traditional route.

• Marcia
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That looks beautiful! Hopefully you can find something like that. I'd check aliexpress, I've been having great luck there!

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I definitely don’t want a traditional guestbook.

I think the drop box is a lovely idea but worry that it might get broken during the trip home.

I’ve got my heart set on finding a theme related coffee table book and have guests sign the pages.

We’re book worms so it won’t collect dust on a shelf and if it does it will join the ranks of our other favourite books.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That’s such a sweet thing to do! And perfect for your theme! I love that you will be able to enjoy them for so long.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went with the traditional guest book. We figured it's straightforward for our guests, and we can just toss it on a book shelf afterwards and only pull it out when we need too.

My sister-in-law did a huge piece of wood for people to sign, which was a cool idea at the time, but now they don't have a place in their house to put it.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’m doing the Dropbox! That way, it’s something that can be displayed and we can actually see who attended our wedding. I know I will never look through a guestbook again.
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We used a canvas with an engagement photo with hearts on it for our guests to sign. We didn't want a traditional book.

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 4

• M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm doing something like a Dropbox. That I'm making from wood pieces
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the drop box especially if it is something you would hang up at home after the wedding!!Smiley heart

• Marleau
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Marleau ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love love love, the drop box! It’s so cute and unique, we’re doing a DIY made wooden plank rustic sign as our guest book. I wanted something we could display after the wedding that went with our style and decor Smiley smile
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would highly recommend the drop box over the guest book just for the fact that unless you plan on having a shrine dedicated to your wedding - the book will most likely collect dust after a while.

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing neither - our wedding is beach/tropical themed, so we are having a 'message in a bottle' guest registry.

We are going to set up a table and cover it with sand (with some sort of edge on it to contain the sand!). We'll have 10 bottles tucked in the sand, each labeled with an anniversary year 1 through 10. We will have little papers people can write a message on, and drop in the bottle of their choice!

We'll open that bottle and read those messages on that anniversary

• Andie
    Expert May 2019 Ontario
    Andie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say go for non traditional, that way you see it daily instead of it collecting dust
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the non-traditional guest books more because they can become a piece of art in your home afterwards versus something you most-likely will not look at many times.

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm also on the fence. I can't decide on something that is hangable on the walls so we can see it all the time, or it we just want a book, if we do a book it'll be a polaroid photos book.
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing the drop box with the signed hearts in it, just cause it can go on the wall of our home as a nice momento whereas a traditional guestbook will get shoved on the bookshelf collecting dust and never looked at.

• A
    Frequent user October 2018 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We had this made and guests will sign it with sharpie markers. Afterwards it will yang in our home on a wall with photos

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 5
  • Jackie
    Devoted April 2019 Ontario
    Jackie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are doing a card box. I am hoping I can find something like this one

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 6
  • Helen
    Frequent user September 2018 British Columbia
    Helen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We;re blowing up an engagement shot and having everyone sign it (either on the canvas, or we will do a regular pic and have the matting signed). I know I will tuck a book away and never look at it.

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the different guest books because they make for awesome decorations in the house rather than just a book on the shelf. We did a map and had everyone sign it. It is now hanging on over our TV which is fun to look at the signatures.

My pick is the dropbox!

• Breanne
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Breanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We're doing a wooden signing board like the one below. We didn't want to do the traditional book as we knew it would just be put on a shelf and never looked at, this way we can hang it on our wall

Traditional Guestbook vs Wedding Dropbox 7

• Angie
    Beginner April 2019 Alberta
    Angie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We are going for the drop box ^_^ nice add on for our wall after Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics