Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Kelly
Expert September 2019 Manitoba

Time off work

Kelly, on February 25, 2019 at 12:21

Posted in Plan a wedding 40

How many days are you taking off work leading up to your wedding day? We want to escape to the mountains for a couple weeks following the wedding, so I'm not sure how many days I want to take off before the wedding. In 9 whole years, my fiance haven't taken off more than a week together, so dammit,...

How many days are you taking off work leading up to your wedding day?

We want to escape to the mountains for a couple weeks following the wedding, so I'm not sure how many days I want to take off before the wedding.

In 9 whole years, my fiance haven't taken off more than a week together, so dammit, we deserve it!

40 Comments

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

LOL! Yes! I feel so guilty taking off lots of time from work and feel like the worst.

Our Wedding is a Friday, so already I'm taking that day off, and the day before. AND wanting to next 2 weeks for our mountain escape Smiley smile

It doesn't take a long to e-transfer the money over to vendors, so that I'm not worried about. We also have a month-of coordinator, so that probably helps. She'll be confirming with the vendor team so we don't have to haha (yay)!

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the worst. I'll be taking a month off for the wedding and honeymoon lol. I just want to take the time to relax and pamper myself leading up to it instead of being stressed. The three weeks off after the wedding is because flights for our honeymoon don't leave until a week after our wedding.

What day of the week is your wedding on? You might be busy sending off final payments and coordinating last-minute thing with your vendors the days leading up to your wedding.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Our wedding is a Friday, so for sure taking that day off, and then the Thursday before.

But I hear you on making the final decision closer to the day. Its really difficult to see what will need to be done when you're this far away still.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I had three weeks vacation and took them all together. One week before and two after. I liked having the whole week off but really didn’t NEED it. There’s not a lot to do last minute if your organized. I spent time with out of town guests, got my nails done, finished my centrepieces since they involved flowers and washed my car since it was going to be our getaway car.
  • Amanda
    Super June 2019 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am taking 3 days off which gives me the whole week before the wedding. I work shift work and am working 7 nights finishing thursday morning before our wedding (which is on saturday). So far I booked off my last 3 shifts so I will be off monday until after the wedding but I may take more if I can swing it... Will be nice to just relax a bit and make sure everything is done.

• Kelly
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Are you taking time off after as well?

I might only take a day or two before. But I'm really not sure! I can't think of anything that will need my attention leading up to the day to warrant that much time off. Maybe I'm missing something lol

• Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My wedding is on Saturday October 5th so I will for sure take off the Friday, and maaaaaybe the Thursday. If I do end up taking the Wednesday I may as well take the entire week but it will be more of a decision the month prior.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm going to take the week off before the wedding so I can take care of any last minute planning to get done. FH plans to take off no time before the wedding (since he knows I'm taking care of most of the planning lol).

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics