Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Joey
WeddingWire Admin May 2015 Maryland

Splurge or Save: Venue?

Joey, on August 21, 2017 at 08:56

Posted in Before the wedding 94

This week's game is all about budgeting. We want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money. So... Will you splurge or save on your wedding venue? Are you going grand? Or keeping the setting intimate? >>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or...

This week's game is all about budgeting. We want to know what wedding items you'll be splurging on, and where you'll be saving money.

So...

Will you splurge or save on your wedding venue?

Are you going grand? Are you going grand?

Or keeping the setting intimate? Or keeping the setting intimate?

>>Click here to go to the next question, Splurge or Save: Photography?

>>Click here to return to the previous question, Splurge or Save: Attire?

94 Comments

• Barbara
    Devoted July 2018 Ontario
    Barbara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We didnt look at too many, but i would say we saved on this based on what we were looking for.
  • Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is a gorgeous venue! The pictures you will get! Absolutely stunning!
  • Melissa
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

SAVE!!!

We live in a vacation destination town and looking for venues here was cost-prohibitive! We are getting married at a resort a few towns south and it's much more cost effective in all aspects!

• Amanda
    Curious July 2018 New Brunswick
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Save! We got a great deal and can get married in the garden outside at the same venue as the reception. It's only 10 minutes from our house too.
  • Arielle
    Devoted July 2020 British Columbia
    Arielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would love to same some hella cash and do it in my fiancees dad's back yard. That's a solid no, so we found a venue that fits the budget

• Shelby
    Frequent user October 2017 British Columbia
    Shelby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    This was not expensive in my options.. for the ceremony and reception venue, chairs, tables and table cloths it was $2800 for 100 people.
  • Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are a super splurge here. We have a venue with a minimum based on 130 people which wasn't to extravagant when there was 120 of us now we are down to 90 the per person is a bit wow but FH and both loved it.

• Shiyrah
    Curious September 2017 Manitoba
    Shiyrah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge, we wanted a venue that would reflect who we are
  • Donna
    Curious April 2018 Ontario
    Donna ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think we saved with our venue. It was a kind of one-stop-shop from the cake, to invites, flowers, save-the-dates and open bar, all for a really good price.

• J
    Curious April 2018 Alberta
    Jesse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Splurge-ish. But our ceremony and reception are at the same place, the cost includes all of the catering for food and drinks, and it's a hotel so it's really easy for our guests. Plus it's gorgeous Smiley winking

• Katelyn
    Frequent user August 2018 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We splurged on our ceremony venue. It will cost more than our reception venue! It's just so beautiful, though. We'll try to get our money's worth by having a "social" following the ceremony to make sure everyone takes in the beauty!

Cilantro, Emerald Lake, BCCilantro, Emerald Lake, BC

• Chelsey
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Chelsey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Save - we opted for a Friday to receive a 15% discount. Our venue is unique, and not as fancy as a banquet hall but we are really happy with it. It is about $90/plate.

• Kaytee
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kaytee ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We were WILLING to splurge on the venue but we found our dream venue and it ended up being 1/6th the cost of what we expected to PAY and half the money they take goes to the charity of our choice.

• Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Kind of a mix of both save and splurge. We chose our dream venue, which was decent for pricing, not the most expensive spot we looked at but not as inexpensive as some other options we looked at. We chose to do a buffet, which we wanted anyway, and so we saved there as buffets are cheaper at our venue. We are having the ceremony and reception there, as well as taking photos there, and so we wanted something that was beautiful, fit all of our guests comfortably, and was a one stop shop, and thats what we got!

• Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds lovely.
  • Carol
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Carol ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I feel that I saved a bundle lol. We shopped around knowing that we wanted an open bar at our wedding, and our original place which was lovely and had character wasn't able to accommodate as our guest list grew. They also had many rules and we were required to clean up and remove everything of ours that evening, no storing anything until the next day for pick up, Oh was actually glad when our guest list went up and we couldnt make it work there, after we get married, I don't want my friends, family, and ourselves having to stay behind to cleanup. For 150.00 per person I thought it was odd. We ended up choosing a hall the includes everything, cake, center pieces, limo, open bar, plated meal with 2 meats, DJ, food in the bridal suite, stay in the honeymoon suite at the hotel, lighting, linens, and best of all we don't have to stay to cleanup and remove anything that evening, we are able to come back the next day. That is 70.00 per person. Which allows us to have the extras like a photo booth, that otherwise I may have had a hard time saying yes too.
  • Emma
    Curious June 2018 Ontario
    Emma ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Keeping it intimate!
  • M
    Beginner June 2018 Alberta
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurge for the ceremony and reception we saving cause we going with restaurant that doesn't charge a rental fee and we are only having a small intimate wedding.
  • Dawn
    Frequent user July 2018 Ontario
    Dawn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Splurged on the ceremony venue and saved on the reception venue.
  • Shannon
    Curious February 2018 British Columbia
    Shannon ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We slpurged on the venue, it was really important to us. But it will still be intimate!

• Tiffany
    Devoted October 2017 Ontario
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We saved - when we were looking for venues we went somewhere that wanted
    $11 000 for just the venue and that included NOTHING!! Although I loved the setting we found somewhere we both instantly knew was it - for $500 ! Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly... Splurge. Haha.
    We went with 2 different venues, so that almost doubled the cost right there. But our ceremony space is a beautiful garden with a gazebo and FH and I both wanted an outdoor wedding and we fell in love with the place once we saw it. But, they don't have any type of reception space there, so we didn't really have a choice if that's where we wanted the ceremony. So double the price it is... haha
  • Sonja
    VIP September 2017 Ontario
    Sonja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are getting married at a lovely golf course, outdoors at the gazebo. The reception will be a very intimate room with a bar, tables, a fireplace, and walk out to a large patio. We didn't pay extra for this since it's included in the per person price.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our venue is some family property so quite private and we definitely saved a bundle on going with this option versus trying to find a venue elsewhere.

• Kila
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Kila ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We kinda splurged Smiley smile we decided to go with Beantown Ranch and it's a little pricey but it's very turn key with an incredible amount of inclusions that I feel we may have actually saved some money. It looks so beautiful as soon as we saw it we new it was the one .
  • Vanessa
    Expert August 2018 Manitoba
    Vanessa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We are tying the knot in one of our parents yards so I guess you can call in saving. As for the reception we are renting a tent so that is a little splurgy.

• Sara
    Devoted November 2017 Ontario
    Sara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was a bit of a splurge but it was still really reasonably priced.

• Jessica
    Newbie August 2017 Alberta
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I did not splurge! But - still get to have a fair sized group and was able to choose everything myself. Community halls in many cities are hidden gems. Mine is quite affordable - but is still gorgeous! Featuring open beamed ceiling, a large stone fireplace, a wrap around balcony, hardwood floors and was essentially a blank canvas for decorating!

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I can't really give an answer for this as every wedding venue here in Thunder Bay is typically the same price, except for at the fancy country clubs. I believe it's a save... maybe? lol

• Lesley
    Super September 2017 Manitoba
    Lesley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's definitely a save. It's a very affordable venue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics