Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Holly
VIP June 2019 Ontario

Planning Just Got Interesting!

Holly, on May 5, 2018 at 14:41 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 19
Planning a wedding can be hard and stressful, planning a wedding alone can add to that..and planning a wedding from another province can be even more stressful!

Well now not only am I primarily planning the wedding alone, in a different province..but I am also.... PREGNANT! We are so so excited, and with it being a planned pregnancy no wedding plans have to change. I am not worried about planning while pregnant, I am worried about when the baby arrives...I'll have the first half of the babies life before the wedding and that it's pretty much some of the busiest times in wedding planning!

I'm sure I'm not the only one in this boat, anyone on here also planning with an infant or expecting? How are you keeping stress-free? How much help is your family, I can't just have family watch the baby while I get things done since no one lives here, and the wedding is an hour away from where they all live so not everyone can just go and do small errands for me.

19 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on May 14, 2018 at 12:39
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's exactly what I'm trying to do..let someone else have a bit of control lol that might actually be the hardest part for me! But it'll be for the best.
    Thank you!!
  • Samantha
    Frequent user June 2018 Ontario
    Samantha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations!

That's amazing news! You'll be stressed pretty much no matter what, so I would just say utilize your family as much as you're comfortable with. If you can give up a little bit of control of the planning, then do that. Also, don't forget to give yourself a break every once in a while.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats and its going to be hard to imagine to be stressed during the planning. If you have family that can help by taking on assistance to you.
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! No advice, but just don't stress it too much! Now you get to find sweet ways to incorporate your child into your wedding Smiley smile

• Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!!!! How exciting for you both! My only advice is to do your best trying to get diy stuff done before the baby arrives, phone calls etc can be done when baby is here. I have 3 kids and my best advice is enjoy those first few months, as they go by faster then any other time in your child’s life. Having kids teaches you patience and that life throws you curve balls, so if something doesn’t go as planned with the wedding, you won’t care nearly as much. Lol. Congratulations again!
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That’s so exciting Holly, congratulations! Smiley laugh Must be happy you don’t have to change your plans at all for the wedding! I don’t have any advice though, but you will have your FH helping you out too with the baby Smiley winking
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just wanted to say congrats!!!!!

Planning Just Got Interesting! 1

• Jennifer
    Super July 2019 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congrats! How exciting!
    I would say do as much as you can now before baby.
    And keep/give yourself a timeline of the things you cant do till later.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have no advice but I just want to say congratulations!!!! That's such fantastic news Smiley smile Was a lovely way to brighten this section of the site! Thanks for sharing!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Exciting! And great that you don't have to change your wedding plans!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!! 😊
  • Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Yayyyyyy!! Baby!! Congrats Holly!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you!!

I looked into a few and none of them have like a part time deal that I was looking for, and the ones that did were a ridiculous cost! A baby and a wedding is is expensive enough, don't need any ridiculous costs added in lol
  • Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations!
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yay congratulations! This is so exciting!!! I have no advice just wanted to say congrats lol Smiley smile is it possible to hire a planner? I don’t have one so I’m not sure if they do errands for you or not?
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Thank you! We're very excited, I'm looking forward to finding out the gender so we can start looking into adorable wedding outfits. Looks like I will no longer be the centre of attention lol
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Congratulations! Smiley smile Thats so exciting! The good thing is you have a lot of time now to plan out all the details of your wedding and your new bundle of joy arriving ! Smiley heart

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Exactly! We knew we didn't want to wait till after the wedding to start, and were lucky enough to have LOTS of time before the wedding. I'm going to try and get as much planned done in the next 6 months and only have small things left for after the baby.
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Congratulations! That’s so exciting! The benefit of having this much time to plan the wedding is that at least you can iron out as much of the details now as possible. Best of luck to you guys!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics