Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

J
Devoted June 2019 Ontario

Opinion on wedding rings.

JuneBride, on May 14, 2018 at 10:51 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 15

I know we still have time, but we are just seeing what our options are and I'm that type of person that wants to get things done right away. His aunt (in Ireland) is going to get the rings for us, have it engraved and then shipped. My FH wants a Celtic ring just like his parents and both grandparents. I'm fine with that. It represents his background and they look different. As of right now we narrowed it down to two. It will be in white gold. He prefers the Infinity Knot, but will go with the other one if that's what I really want. I'm undecided. Half of me is leaning towards the Claddagh because it stands out more, but the other half of me is worried its a bit ostentatious. We want our rings to match. Also, I'm not going to wear the engagement ring with the wedding ring so it will just be the wedding ring.

CladdaghOpinion on wedding rings. 1

Infinity KnotOpinion on wedding rings. 2

15 Comments

Latest activity by Kay, on May 18, 2018 at 14:21
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I do love the claddagh rings more, but honestly they are both very nice rings! I think it'll just come down to which one/both of you like just a little bit more. Smiley smile

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I loveeeeeee the claddagh ring. I had one when I was younger and lost it. I love the look of it.

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

If you're undecided and he prefers one, I would suggest you go with the one he likes! They are both beautiful rings!

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both rings are equally nice given its background stories. You two should be happy with the choice and what his family would match.
  • Emily
    Devoted November 2018 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The Claddagh is always beautiful, plus I think it looks a bit more feminine, if that's the look you want. My fiance and I wanted to match rings at first, but we ended up getting different types of gold. I got a Rose Gold band with diamonds, and he got a classic rounded yellow gold band.

You are going to be wearing this forever so it matters that you like it. If your rings don't match, it doesn't mean your souls don't. Go with what you love 😊
  • Colleen
    Curious October 2018 Alberta
    Colleen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the Infinity Knot looks very classy. It is your ring and you will be the one wearing it so, you need to choose the one that you like.

• Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think the infinity knot is almost more classic looking some how.

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I like the infinity knot the best.

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The Claddagh ring and the meaning behind it are beautiful, but I really love the infinity knot ring, although I find it to be a little more feminine (if you're going to have it matching your FH).

• Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im biased to the Claddagh ring- i love the meaning behind it (and i own one)
  • M
    Devoted August 2018 Ontario
    Megis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Both are pretty. I like the swvond one because it immediately looks celtic
  • Natasha
    Devoted June 2019 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I really like the live knot!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I vote for the infinity knot ring as well! In my opinion, the other one is almost too busy with all the aspects that it has in it.

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They are both beautiful but i really love the infinity knot. In my opinion it is the one that stands out more.
  • Gina
    Super April 2019 Alberta
    Gina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I personally love the infinity knot!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics