Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Amy-Lynn
Curious May 2022 Ontario

Not thinking straight??

Amy-Lynn, on November 18, 2016 at 17:51 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 14
Hey lovelies!
So I'm not sure if this is normal or I'm stressed or what.
But lately I just have been feeling blah, I haven't wanted to talk about the wedding or do planning or anything. Part of me wonders if it's because no one is showing real interest in the wedding with it being so far away.
While another part wonders if people haven't brought it up because they don't support us getting married after being together for a short time(we have been together about 10 months got engaged at 8 months but will have been together for 2.5 years when married).
I guess what I'm wondering if this is normal or am I not ready? I love my man more then anything and I wouldn't change or trade him for the world but I just I don't know what to think lately.
Please help with advice I feel like I'm goin stor crazy!

14 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on November 29, 2016 at 16:17
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Anytime, I hope you are feeling better !

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

How are you feeling now?

• Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'm glad! If you need help let us know!!
  • Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yes and some of my family still didn't know as well. Plus there was a lot of pressure with being the only one in my family who is having a actually wedding and not eloping. Thankyou Smiley smile
  • Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Yeah I haven't had the chance to tell all my family as well so that was a big issue to I think. But it has definitely passed thankyou Smiley smile
  • Amy-Lynn
    Curious May 2022 Ontario
    Amy-Lynn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thankyou I think it was as well it has passed now. And things seem to going much smootherSmiley smile
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it's completely normal! I went through the same thing! But right after we booked our vendor. Bam! Everyone kicked into high alert and sh*t got real for us all! Maybe start small! Look into dresses. Or get quotes on cake or makeup. I felt a little less stressed when I eased into it. Smiley smile congrats too
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amy-Lynn Smiley heart I'm glad your telling us how you feel, I think it's normal from time to time to have these moments. Don't doubt yourself, if you made this decision together there is a reason and people know that too. You love each other! You should check out Katherine's post from last week, sometimes it can be hard to have your friends understand how important that moment is for you even if you want to talk about it all the time! Smiley laugh Boring bride We're here to keep you cheered up and dreaming about your big day! That's also why I love to talk about love so much Smiley catface You make participate in these if you like: How old were you when you both met?

Did fate bring you together or was it a coincidence?

It's a lot of fun to share our stories together!

Reach out any time honey, we'll be here to cheer you up!

Have you booked your venue yet? Where are you at in your planning? Let us know if we can help!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The feeling will pass ... I went through that blah feeling in the beginning because we got engaged almost a year ago and our wedding still isn't for another 9 months ... it doesn't take a tole and make people feel as if it's not a big concern or rush because you do have so much time but trust me that changes.... as when we hit the year mark everyone started to chime in on our big day and wanted to be involved and still I find as time is going on more and more people will ask or bring up the wedding in conversation.
    So I wouldn't stress too much about this feeling .... it should pass .... I know mine did ... and now it's a go go go omg it's actually happening now ... holy crap gotta get stuff done lol
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think all the ladies here have given you some pretty great advice.The only thing I would add is that you are looking to outside sources right now to full fill your excitement! When you design your own happiness and excitement! That should come from you directly. Even when you are married , your FH is there to support you but they are not there to replace or subsistute for what you should give yourself. Took me a long time to learn that , so if you can adapt this early in the game...Great! You attract what you put out so if you are blah, it's safe to say the people around you will be too!!! Melissa was right when she said the stakes are high, commitment is a big deal. But in addition Weddings are fun, and happy and you should should start getting excited and feel all those things brides should feel!!! Once you do I'm sure you'll see some people come around!!! All the best!
  • Stephanielarson
    Frequent user July 2017 British Columbia
    Stephanielarson ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

First of all....Congratualtions on getting engaged!!! I'm so sorry you're feeling blah about the whole thing but I bet it's just because the wedding is so far away. If it's true that your family feels you two moved along to quickly they should still support you. That's what good friends and family do.You're making a really big decision so it's "normal" to ask yourself if you're ready. Lots of us have these feelings at some point. For now I would just take the time to enjoy your FH and I bet you will get to a point where you won't question it and others won't either. I don't know you so that was a tough question to answer but these are the same things I would say to my best friends. Feel free to tell me to shut up at any time. LOL

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Amy-Lynn,

I think the length of time before the wedding might have some people feeling like they don't need to be helpful just yet- sucks, but it sounds like a long way away, even if it isn't in "wedding tme". This might even be why you are feeling blah- if you arn't surrounded by excitement, it can be easy to get down. Maybe choose a project or vendor you want to book, and ask a few close friends to help you? It might build your excitement, and theirs.

Getting married is a big freaking deal- it is a commitment for life, with pretty big stakes. I'm totally confident in my decision to marry my FH, but I still have "holy shit" moments when I think of the ramifications of signing that license. No one can decide if you are ready but you, but I think nerves are normal!

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it's normal to feel blah at some point during the wedding planning. It can be overwhelming especially when it's still so far in the distance! I was definitely disappointed with my close friends and family when they weren't super excited or supportive during the wedding planning process. I think maybe it's just hard for other people to really understand what your vision is and what it's like to be planning a wedding! The good thing though is that when it does come to your wedding day, they will finally understand and be so incredibly happy for you and proud of all your hard work! That was one of the best parts for me was that my family finally "got" it!

Maybe try making a timeline so you can see what you need to get done now and what can wait? If something seems daunting, try working on a fun project like something DIY to get you more in the mood for the big stuff! It's ok to take a break from planning and recharge a bit! And don't be afraid to tell your fiance when you need help! I know that mine was so used to me handling things that at times I had be like "this is your responsibility too!!!" Hang in there and let us know how we can help!

• Katherine
    Super September 2017 New Brunswick
    Katherine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd be willing to bet it's because the wedding is a year and a half away (not because of disapproval)... As to if you are ready or not can't answer that but if it helps I feel like throwing up when I think of the huge commitment we are about to make... Even though I know I would spend the rest of my life with him wedding or not.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics