Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Katherine
Super September 2017 New Brunswick

Boring bride

Katherine, on November 17, 2016 at 10:59 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 7
Is anyone else worried about becoming a boring bride? The wedding is all that I think about or want to talk about... I've only been planning for two months now and my family says the novelty will fade so they are cutting me some slack... I'm a bit worried that I'm going to be like this for the next 10 months... For instance I'm writing this at work when I should concerned about what the contractors are doing, instead I'm googling lace table cloths.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on November 18, 2016 at 05:51
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hahaha you're definitely not boring to us Katherine! This is all we talk about! It's actually what we try to do in the community and why this forum is so much fun. Smiley heart Because it will probably be on your mind for a loooong time! Not everyone can relate, but we can. So feel free to post all the time about your wedding in here. Smiley winking We love to see all the ideas you come up with! I can't wait to see all your ideas! So... lace table cloth, huh? Smiley love Which ones have you been looking at?

• Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha I'm worried about being a boring wife! We were engaged for 2.5 years and the wedding actually gave us something to talk about when we would meet up with people other than "work sucks, same old same old." I definitely got frustrated at times when my bridal party wasn't really invested or my mom kept questioning all our decisions instead of being excited so I definitely agree that you should tell us all about it! No one else appreciates it like other brides and grooms and I wish I'd found this community sooner!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Like some others- I have been using WW as my outlet! Luckily everyone on here wants to hear about nothing BUT your lace table cloths and help you decide if eight strings of crystals in you hair too much! I also spend work-time doing wedding things Smiley winking it's ok- we can be extra productive when we get the wedding organized!

I try not to mention wedding plans to others in my life until someone asks...but when they do it is a flood gate. Poor souls. Keeping things to a minimum is hard- it is a big deal! And when someone says what's new? Wedding stuff is always the answer Smiley atonished I try to just say wedding planning and move on.

It's tough!

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Hi Katherine, I can relate to that as it has happened to me. So I take part of discussions on here and meet and interact with the community. This is normal as it is a milestone in our lives. Smiley smile
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am in the same boat, but I just now keep it to myself or share with all the lovely ladies here that love to hear all about your wedding plans ... i have decided it will be good to keep some mystery from all my family and friends so unless they ask I am not telling and even if they ask i still may not tell if it is not must need to know information !! Smiley smile I agree with Valerie and lean on all of us here in the community I have found everyone to be an amazing support system from ideas, to venting and planning and every little detail in between !!

Oh and P.S dont worry I am at work too on here lol when I should be worried about my Technicians and my Warehouse lol

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I am the same way! Wedding talk is always on my mind. However I wait for other people to question me about things with the wedding before I bring anything up that way it doesn't seem like I am only talking about the wedding. I usually only talk wedding on a regular basis with my wedding party as they are involved in the planning! I work overnights and at a group home so when I have down time I work on guest lists, seating charts, I have looked up flowers, ect...

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's totally natural! It's such a big event that requires SO MUCH planning, of course it kind of takes over your life. Lean on us here in the community to get out all your ideas and plans and wedding talk. Keep it to a minimum with your family and friends and believe me... in no time they will be DYING for information!

Also it will fade, I found after I got all my major items planned, there wasn't much news to tell people, so I didn't say anything.

I also like to spread it out. I'll ask my MOH for an opinion on bouquets, then my sister (BM) her opinion on a bracelet I'm thinking about. Then I find I'm not burning everyone out

And we LOVE wedding talk!!! Come in here and talk our faces off Smiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics