Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

Did fate bring you together or was it a coincidence?

Emilie, on October 24, 2016 at 06:05 Posted in Before the wedding 0 17

Hey darling Smiley heart

Now close your eyes and try to remember exactly how was your first date... Smiley catface

Do you think it was fate that brought you together? Or was it just a coincidence?

Did fate bring you together or was it a coincidence?

Continue here >> How did you meet?

Image: Pinterest

17 Comments

Latest activity by Alexandra, on November 25, 2016 at 09:06
  • Alexandra
    Curious November 2017 Ontario
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think it was a bit of both the condo where I live flooded and he was the plumber.

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Awww that is so beautiful Elizabeth!! Smiley heart Welcome to the community!! I can't wait to hear more about your story! It sounds so magical! Smiley love You should take the next questions:

How did you meet?

Who made the first steps?

What are your cute nicknames?

I'd love to hear all about it! Smiley smile How's your wedding planning going so far? You must be so excited!

• Abby
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Abby ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say fate. We both had a very traumatic past with damaging partners. We thought it was the end for us. Then, we found each other
  • Chiara
    Curious August 2017 British Columbia
    Chiara ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It had to be fate, I was in a relationship that was going no where, but I had settled for that being the best i could get and then my friend (who had set me up with the current boyfriend and others before) needed me to come with her to meet this guy because her mom wouldn't let her go by herself. So she asked me to come with her. I had no plans so I agreed. I think it was the best decision I made other than saying yes Smiley smile
  • E
    Newbie May 2017 New Brunswick
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Fate! We met at a bar, he was with his co-workers and I with mine. We are both CAs and worked for competing firms. We live in such a small city, I don't know how we had never crossed paths before! The night we met was like a dream, dancing all night, the whole world fell away, and it was just the two of us!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's so interesting Rosemarie!! Smiley heart Some of my friends have told me the same thing about the way they met! Smiley smile Sometimes I'm not really sure what to believe myself, but when I hear such stories it really makes me wonder! Did also see it coming that he was going to propose? Smiley winking

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Wow! That's amazing Georgie!! Smiley heart There must definitely be a bit of both!! Are you both the traveller type? Smiley smile I can't wait to hear more about how you two met!

You should take the next question to tell us all about it: How did you meet?

Will you be going to Prague on your honeymoon? Smiley love

• Georgie
    Curious June 2017 Alberta
    Georgie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not sure if fate or coincidence.
    I am from Australia, he is from Canada. We met travelling in Prague, Czech Republic!
  • E
    Newbie June 2017 Ontario
    Emily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It was definitely fate. considering were high school sweethearts, we were walking down the stairs at school one day, he was behind me and had a yoyo. long story short he hit me in the back of the head with it and thats when we first met. we hung out and got to know each other for 2 weeks and then started dating. we've now been together for almost 8 yes!
  • Rosemarie
    Frequent user December 2016 Manitoba
    Rosemarie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had a dream once of meeting some guy who matched his discription on a beach once. We took a black muscle car and went on a road trip. Stop at the side of the road and cuddled under the stars. I woke up after that. Wasn't till after a year or months from that time I had after that dream, he came around.I kept a dream journal athe time because I was hoping they'd tell me something interesting. He said he had a similar dream too, but I don't belive him since he doesn't document those things. Smiley tongue He doesn't have a muscle car, his grandparents does, an orange one... Not the color I was hoping it to be though.

I'm not really a believer in astrollogy or but after getting to know him, it turns out our star signs are compaible and we are too. Smiley tongue Coincidential of course but having some random insight about things could be interesting every now and then.

Maybe it was fate? Weird how things work.

• Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think fate . I had left my ex boyfriend and had to move into my mother house for 2 months until I had my appartement ready and she made me work with her to make extra money. At her work she introduced me to her friend who was also her neighbor , we became friends. One day I went to her house to pick her up and met her brother that she was helping out for a few months too. We met and have been together for almost 10 years
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A lot of things came together to bring us together- I transfered to a new job, his car broke down and I drove him home, which lead us to discover a shared enjoyment of an obscure band...all everyday things, so it could be conicidence- but maybe the universe gave things a little push Smiley kiss

• Kyla
    Beginner December 2016 British Columbia
    Kyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I'd like to think it was fate and I really wish I could say it was but I don't think using a dating website counts as fate hahaha
  • T
    Curious December 2019 New Brunswick
    Tina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Think it was fate we have such an age difference we wouldn't have met without a little help
  • A
    Curious August 2017 Alberta
    Ami Stensrud ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it was fate/Divine Intervention. I always felt like my soul mate was thousands of miles away (I'm from Alberta, he's from Nova Scotia).
    It hasn't always been rainbows and sunshine but it's always worth it and we've made it through so much....
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I would say fate. But for my it's God that brought us together considering the circumstances.
  • Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think it was fate, we almost dated before I dated his friend, I think we just needed to know each other better first

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics