Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Emilie
Featured Quebec

How To Link Your Account to Your Future Spouse's

Emilie, on October 24, 2016 at 12:05 Posted in Tech support 0 8

Hi future newlyweds Smiley heart

Wedding planning requires a lot of energy... so sometimes it's great to join forces to keep that energy up! How about you two link your accounts to join forces in your wedding planning? Smiley winking Here's how to do it:

1. Go to My Account on your profile.

2. You'll see a section entitled Linked Accounts.

Go To the Linked Accounts Section

3. Write the e-mail your future spouse used to sign up on WeddingWire.ca. We will send him/her an e-mail to link your accounts together.

-----

IMPORTANT!!

1. If one of you already started using the tools and have everything you need in there, you should be the one inviting your partner (enter his/her e-mail) since afterwards all the data remaining in planning tools will be the one of the inviting account (To-Do List, Guest List, etc.)

2. Your partner will still participate as himself/herself in the forum. And... your groom won't have access to the My Wedding Dress group, nor the dresses or vendors you saved... so you can stay calm and still keep the surprise.

-----

I'm sure your wedding planning will get much easier from now on!! Now that you can work together!

How are you two splitting tasks together? What are his/her tasks and what are yours?

Happy planning!! Smiley heart

8 Comments

Latest activity by Lynnie, on March 5, 2018 at 15:41
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Admin October 2016 North Carolina
    Lynnie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Hi Amanda! It's still only the "master" or original account owner who will receive those notifications!

• A
    Newbie June 2018 British Columbia
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hello,

I wanted to follow up and see whether this issue has been addressed. My fiance and I are preparing to share the website link with our guests so they can RSVP online. When we were testing out the functionality, we found out that I am the only one receiving the RSVP and guestbook notifications. Is it possible to specifically indicate which email(s) should be receiving the notifications? Thanks!

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hey Anthony! Thanks for your feedback! We'll keep it in mind Smiley smile In the meantime, the main account also gets notifications when someone RSVPs on your website. It also gets synched with your Guests list:

How To Manage Guest Attendance with your Website

Let me know if there's anything else! How are your preparations going? Have you already sent your invitations? Smiley smile

• A
    Newbie April 2017 British Columbia
    Anthony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thank you Emilie. The features that we would love to be able to use jointly mostly comes down to guest and RSVP management. When a guest rsvps or sends a message, it may be better for my fiancee to answer than me or vice versa. It also would be helpful to both know when someone does RSVP. Thanks!
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Anthony, welcome to the community! The notifications are set up to only go to the main "master" account (the one who added the other). These notifications can't be changed to go to both accounts. What are the tools that you mostly share or use together?

• A
    Newbie April 2017 British Columbia
    Anthony ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little late to this discussion, but I am wondering if I am missing something. My partner and I have linked accounts, with most of the information already in my account. That part is working perfectly. I am just wondering if there is a setting we are missing that would allow both her and I to get notifications of website visits and RSVPs, as well as "Contact Us" messages?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie, that's definitely a good point! I'll try to see what we can do about this on our side! Thanks for your feedback Smiley smile

• Valerie
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love the link account but think I don't like is for all the vendor he can't see (catering, reception, ...) there is a way we could unlock those and keep the vendor dress lock? I find a little difficulte because I put all my estimate I received there and he cannot see them and he need to log in in my account for doing the comparison.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics