Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Madisyn
Expert February 2020 Ontario

How many edited photos are you getting?

Madisyn, on November 1, 2019 at 09:07 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 37
Hi ladies! We are mulling over a few different photography packages and we really don't know how much we need.

How many edited photos are you receiving? Will you get any of the unedited shots?
Thanks in advance! 😊

37 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on December 2, 2019 at 15:45
  • Allison
    Curious June 2021 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It's very unlikely that a photographer (of any kind - not just weddings) will give you the unedited versions of your photos.

I've spoken to a number of photographers and it looks like 100 - 150 photos per hour is about average. I would say it also depends on if you have a second shooter, in which case more photos are being taken, and so you may want more. At the end of the day, when you look back at your wedding photos, are you going to take the time to look through 1000 photos or show that many to your kids?

• Megan
    Curious July 2020 British Columbia
    Megan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My photographer will be editing all the photos, and we are expected to get 50 photos per hour
  • Brittany
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We have a relative that does photography, so we are hiring an outside photographer just to take photos and send them all over unedited and will have my aunt finish up the edits so we can have as many memories of our special day. The most costly part of photography services is the editing and final presentation.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This sounds like a really good deal! You'll have amazing coverage of the day 😊
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds perfect! I wish we were able to pay by the hour instead of by the photo.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's a lot of photos! That's awesome 😊
  • Tori
    Curious October 2020 Ontario
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t think our package specified a number of shots. But he has shot other family members weddings and they had around 800ish for the big day, we have him for 11 hours. We just did an engagement shoot with him that was around 90 minutes and got over 300 photos from that alone!
  • Kelly
    Expert September 2019 Manitoba
    Kelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All? I guess some photographers specify how many edited photos they'll give you? Ours just said we'd get them all. She sent us a highlight gallery with almost 500 photos, and she's sending all the photos to us on a USB as they wont all fit in an online gallery.

Not getting any unedited.

• K
    Beginner October 2020 Alberta
    Katelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We struggled with this as well. We did a fall mini shoot with a photographer to see how we liked her style it was supposed to be 30 minutes but ended up being 90 minutes and we got I believe 112 edited photos for $100.
    The package for the wedding includes 10 hours of coverage including getting ready, 2 photographers 80-90 edited images per hour (800-900 for the day), online gallery with print release, an engagement shoot, and a 16x24 canvas all for an incredibly reasonable price!
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Haha that's sweet! Sounds like a good deal 😊
  • Chrissy
    Beginner September 2021 British Columbia
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We did a free engagement shoot but only was allowed to take three photos, still decided to go with them, then when we got to the booking he said he would throw in all the pictures with our package if we got the book. My man really wanted the book lol
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    14 hours!? You won't miss a moment. That's so great 😊
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's awesome! We do have the book option as well but I think we are going to skip it (simply for the savings!)
  • Chrissy
    Beginner September 2021 British Columbia
    Chrissy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We’re getting 300+ Edited Images on a USB plus a leather bound book made with pictures we get to pick and revise as much as we’d like.
  • Ashley
    VIP August 2020 Ontario
    Ashley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We asked for ALL unedited photos and we are getting all our photos edited as well. but we went with a massive package of 14 hours coverage.

• Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're doing a destination wedding and we are just using their photographer. I'm really glad to hear that 300 felt sufficient! I think that may be what we end up going with. Thank you!
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We got maybe 300 photos for 8 hours. I felt like it was enough. We had gone over what we wanted captured and I didn’t think they missed a moment.
    We also did not get any unedited photos but i wasn’t expecting any. It would be like asking an author for the drafts of their book; why would they show you a draft when they have a final copy? Photography is an art and taking the pictures is only one step: the editing is the other and they want to put their best work out there. You may be able to find someone who will provide the unedited photos, but my guess is they will be in the minority.
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I really feel like it’s enough, and I suspect the only ones we didn’t get were probably the ones where I blinked or someone had a goofy expression. The whole set tell the entire story of our day!
  • Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I thought it felt like enough for us. And I think 400 will be lots for the day of the wedding.

• Vinod
    Top August 2017 Ontario
    Vinod ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received 466 pictures back from the wedding. Everything from Getting ready to the reception time including the venue shots.

• Kelsie
    Master July 2021 Ontario
    Kelsie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We got 330 edited engagement photos and we were happy with that amount for the 1.5-2 hours we shot! If that helps at all.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That seems like a good amount for an hour! Also great that you got everything he took.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So exciting that you'll have all your photos soon! And it's great that you're getting all of the shots. Did 358 feel like enough, or do you feel the need for the rest?
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are sort of the numbers we are playing with and I'm just having a hard time foreseeing whether or not that will be enough! It's between 185 and 300. Did 140 feel like a lot?
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's great! I'm definitely going to ask for all of the unedited photos too.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That sounds perfect! Especially if you're capable of touching them up on your own.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's great! I would like to have all the photos and not just the ones that were edited.
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh that's good to know! I'm not even sure how much editing they will be doing. Thank you!
  • Madisyn
    Madisyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Wow that's amazing! I don't even think I would have this question if they were offering that many 😅
  • M
    Expert September 2019 Ontario
    Meaghan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We only had a photographer for an hour and we got 98 edited images from that. We weren't promised any specific number, we were just told we would receive everything he took and they would all be edited.
  • Lisa
    Expert August 2019 Alberta
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received 358 edited photos (downloadable from an online gallery) and will be receiving our usb with all of the files (in two file sizes) soon. That was for 3 hours.

• Alix
    Expert June 2021 Saskatchewan
    Alix ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We received around 140 for our engagement photos and will be receiving 400 for 7hrs at the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics