Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress!

Hailey, on March 28, 2022 at 21:36

Posted in Wedding fashion 76

Hello beautiful people 💕 When I went dress shopping I tried on 6 dresses all in different styles before finding the one! Orginally we went just to see the styles but I fell madly in love with my dress so I bought it! How many dresses did you all try on before you said yes to the dress! 🥰
Hello beautiful people 💕

When I went dress shopping I tried on 6 dresses all in different styles before finding the one! Orginally we went just to see the styles but I fell madly in love with my dress so I bought it!

How many dresses did you all try on before you said yes to the dress! 🥰

76 Comments

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh my wow that is so stunning! I love the details in the front and back and also how simple it is too!!!! the lace is gorgeous Smiley heart that will be so exciting to see it in May! not too much longer

• Eryn
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Eryn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh lord I think I tried on maybe 15??? To be perfectly fair, the first 9 was my mother and sister convincing me to try on dresses for the sole purpose of trying on all the different styles, cuts, and flavours of wedding dresses to see what I thought flattered my body and work towards narrowing down the hunt to "the one". That day was was a trip and a half which also included a mermaid dress though I told the stylist that was the one style I didn't want to even touch because personally I'd feel like a sack of potatoes and that's not a good look (I was right for the record and the lady was so shocked to hear the immediate chants of "NO! NO! OH ABSOLUTELY NOT!" from my mom and sister lmao). One of the dresses I tried out of the 9 I actually thought was the one (ironically the first one I tried on in the loveliest blush - definitely think it was a moment of "I'm trying on wedding dresses this is happening omg" versus "omg I've found the one". The second visit to a different salon was to try on the remaining 6 after the style narrowing and the first of which was my dream dress I had quite literally looked at for about 2 years and thought it would never work. Turns out that was actually the one! Tried on the other 5 just to make sure and nothing compared. Total 180 degrees from that first "love at first dress" moment for sure! This is the one I went with! Gonna live that princess life for a day for sure! Also...... It has pockets. Smiley love

How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 1
  • Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I did 🥰 second shop we went to. I had a preferred designer in mind and got a dress from their line (Essence of Australia)
  • Lissa
    Devoted October 2022 Ontario
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This dress is the inspiration dress for my dress, can’t wait for May to be able to actually see it in real life How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 2
    How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 3
    Lace for my dress

How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 4

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Gotcha!!! I love Aline dresses! That one is pretty but kind of shows it would be itchy!
    Your dress sounds so pretty 😍
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness that's such an amazing story! I absolutely love that the people you took could tell it was the one!!! That was when I knew my dress was the one when everyone started to tear up and could just see it.
    Thank you for sharing your story 💕
    Isn't that crazy how you have different feelings the "omg I'm trying on a dress" and a "this is my dress" haha
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    All different styles - but mostly aline and then some more fitted styles. There was one fitted dress I liked but it would have been over budget and I found it itchy (photo below).
    I’m going with an a-line dress with bishop sleeves instead!

How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 5

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh nice!!! That's so exciting when the consultant picks the dress for you! My consultant picked my veil and belt haha
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ohh I see! Haha but you did find the one??
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow! That works out for sure and you can have everything you want in a dress!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aw that's nice haha yeah that's probably what I'll end up doing for sure!
  • Malyssa
    Expert October 2022 Alberta
    Malyssa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I believe in total maybe 10? I went to a bridal show and was able to try a few on there to get an idea, then at my first store fitting I tried, I bought my dress that day! Wasn't a dress I picked out myself to try on, the consultant found and boy did she deliver!

• A
    Super September 2022 Alberta
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yay!! I can upload photos now! Lol before the app wouldn’t allow me 😆

Thank you!! 🥰🥰
  • Jenn
    Devoted August 2025 Ontario
    Jenn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to one of those pop-up sales, tried on a few but none of them did anything for me - they were pretty, but I couldn't bring myself to say "yes" to any of them, as I had a dress in my wedding Pinterest that was crowding my brain lol

Found a salon near by the pop-up that said they carried the dress, so took a chance we could walk in... They took my mom and my BF/MOH in, as they said they had time - pulled 3 dresses from my Pinterest (including the one I had in my head; all 3 ballgowns, and Mori Lee) - put a deposit down on my "dream dress" but after, had reservations as I thought back to how they treated my mom when she was asking them to bring different styles out, or asking if she can browse the racks, decided I wanted to go to take a look elsewhere just in case...

At the 3rd place, I ended up having 2 appointments, and probably tried on upwards of 20 each visit, but I fell in love with a dress on that second appointment - both mom and BF/MOH were there and said they could visibly see I felt different in the dress I ended up with vs the one I put a deposit on... I guess the first dress was more of an "OMG I am trying on THE dress" moment vs a "this is my dress" moment Smiley smile

• Jenny
    Frequent user September 2022 Ontario
    Jenny ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I don’t remember 😅 there was one other dress I really loved but I passed on it
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Meeee toooo! I just haven't looked at any other dresses since!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was so special for sure to share it with everyone. Oh my gosh Your dress uploaded!! It's absolutely stunning!! So so pretty 😍
  • Lissa
    Lissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I tried on around 40 dresses total visiting 4 different stores. I couldn’t say yes to any of them so I’m having one made instead!

• Liberty
    Featured May 2022 Alberta
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    PC loves to jump when he first sees you but then usually calms down after a bit. I'm thinking we might just put him in the backyard while I get on my dress and leave. Maybe have someone check the dogs paws before pictures and clean them if needed?
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Isn’t it!!! A moment you will remember forever and how amazing you got to share it with the people closest to you!! 🥰
    Can you tell me if my pictures are uploading? Trying to post a pic of my dress! ☺️How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 6

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is for sure!! My two will be put in kennels for some time and let out to do their business but they are going to be in some photos (hopefully) but I can see my big GSD 100lbs getting so excited and jumping on me with muddy Paws omg!lol or even just dog hair in general they are both black 🤷🏼‍♀️🤣 that's good atleast! My two get very excited and love jumping haha
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh goodness! That's so amazing she understood you! And you had such an amazing experience that's always the best.
    I don't think I'll ever get over the feeling I had when I say yes to the dress.
    All the ladies I brought wanted me to try everything and anything LOL (mostly to get the dress I was going to wear a hand me down princess dres off my mind) which worked because after the 8th or something I said yes to the dress haha.
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is definitely something to worry about! I have to think of that too as I'm getting ready at my MIL house and they have a dog. He usually only jumps when you first get there though
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah I agree 🙂 I'm planning on wearing my long dress the whole night! Hopefully lol never thought of that if something were to spill on the dress! I worry about my dogs jumping me and getting paw marks lol
  • A
    Alyx ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Not very many honestly! Lol I went to the bridal boutique in Calgary and my consultant just understood my vision!! She literally made it the best experience ever!!!
    At first I wanted to try on madi lane, a ball gown style dress. I tried on 3 and picked one that I was obsessed with, then just to see what a fitted dress looked like I tried on 2 and fell in love with an essenseofaustralia fitted dress and said yes to the dress!!! 🤍👰🏼‍♀️🎉
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think its good to have a 2nd dress even if you don't end up wearing it! I want to wear my dress as long as possible but I want a lighter option to change into for dancing maybe or god forbid something accidentally gets spilled on my dress
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh my goodness! Sounds sooo pretty!!!
    I love slits too! For my dress it adds that extra since it's all lace/simple
    My 2nd dress I haven't decided if I'll wear is all lace but short in the front-longer in the back
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It is very fancy! Has WAYYYY more rhinestones and beading than I thought I'd go for. Although everyone there said they were surprised I didn't want a lot of beading/rhinestone! I love slits too!! If I get a 2nd dress it will have a slit
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I bet!! That must be so so so exciting I'm so glad you still feel the same way about it 3 Years later too!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I know! I'm definitely lucky on that one! Oh wow yeah that can be pricey for sure...
    It's gorgeous can't believe it was so much $ though.. but it totally adds to my dress it's almost like it's missing something without the rhinestone belt and veil.
    Oooo so you have a fancy dress? Mine has a slit 😁
  • Liberty
    Liberty ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Not needing alterations is huge!! I'm going to need probably like $300 in alterations! I loveee rhinestones veils! I wish I could have one but it would be too much with my dress so I got a plain one!
  • Amanda
    Featured August 2022 British Columbia
    Amanda Online ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I feel the exact same way!!!! I can't wait to finally wear it after buying it over 3 years ago!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics