Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Hailey
Expert June 2022 British Columbia

How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress!

Hailey, on March 28, 2022 at 21:36 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 76
Hello beautiful people 💕

When I went dress shopping I tried on 6 dresses all in different styles before finding the one! Orginally we went just to see the styles but I fell madly in love with my dress so I bought it!

How many dresses did you all try on before you said yes to the dress! 🥰

76 Comments

Latest activity by Daily, on April 26, 2022 at 15:20
  • Daily
    Expert August 2022 Ontario
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg!! 44 days!! Sounds so surreal!!🙊🤗🤗🤗🤗 aww I can’t wait to see your whole look. 😁😁
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

You are so welcome Smiley heart

thats a countdown!!! when I first got mine I couldn't believe it was mine. Last time I tried it on a month and a bit ago with the shoes and everything I was in love. I have 44 days until I get to wear it and I remember when it was like 400 days!!!!

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Aww thanks Hailey. Now just waiting to wear it!😬😁😁💗
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow thats such a lovely story of how you found your dress!!!

That really makes it easy when you knoww the style you are wanting for sure! Smiley heart

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Oh wow its gorgeous!!! 100% princess for sure Smiley heart

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Nice! i found mine at the first shop too. oh wow im glad you got your dress Smiley heart

• Daily
    Daily ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’d say 10 dresses. I tried on three different occasions. One time I went with my sister to pick up her wedding dress in 2019 and they let me try on without having appointment with them. The second time I went to a bridal pop up show in ottawa and I got my dress in January 2020. However, we keep postponing the wedding due to covid, I feel like my dress don’t wow me anymore!! 😭😭 I love Martina Liana but her prices are way over my budget. When Essense Of Australia had a trunk show, I had to go check it out!! The second dress that I saw on the rack, I knew it was the one!! I don’t want to say yes to the second dress I tried on so I tried on two more then said yes to the dress that I like from the beginning without having to try it on. So I said yes to my dress in March 2021!! I knew exactly the style I want making it so easy!!
  • N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I just found my dress this was the fourth dress that I tried on. I was with my mom and my future mother in law and I totally fell in love with it How many dresses did you try on before saying Yes to the dress! 1

• Danielle
    Curious August 2022 Alberta
    Danielle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found my dress at the first shop I went to, tried on about 7-8 different styled dresses before I found mine.

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yeah that sounds like my visit too haha being told to try all the different styles!

That's so good you had an amazing consultant who convinced you to come back! She knew what you wanted I'm so glad 😊
  • Rachay
    Curious August 2022 Ontario
    Rachay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I had 2 visits, so I think collectively I tried on 12-15 (hard to remember), the majority of that was my mother and cousin wanting me to try on different styles of dresses. The first day I thought I may have found "the" dress, I was big on the dress being light since I will be getting married in August. The consultant convinced me to come back for a second visit to make sure this was the one. I ended up picking an entirely different dress but it was both light and provided a nice corset! I am glad she convinced me to come back!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Omg same!!!! It's all at my MIL house EVERYTIME we go I run upstairs and try it on or just look at it 🤣🤣🤣
    She's always like make sure it still fits as a joke haha
    I'm completely obsessed with mine too! I was lucky it needs no alterations it's literally a little bit to Long but I'm so happy it fits perfect!
  • K
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have the dress at my MIL's house because I will be getting ready there. Every weekend we go for dinner I steal away and walk around in it in the guest bedroom. I. AM. OBSESSED with my dress!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is exactly what you should feel when you find the one!!!! I still feel that way when I try my dress on, the last time I tried it on with my shoes and everything I started to cry! It was such a surreal moment I couldn't believe it was me!
    Now for you to count down till you wear it for real!!! I'm at 52 days today 🥰
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Oh wow!!!! That lucky number 40 ! Haha I'm so glad you ended up finding the one 💕💕💕 now to count down till the day you get to wear it!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    We're they similar styles? I know the right one will come around soon!!!
  • K
    Newbie October 2022 Ontario
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

One bridal shop, I think it was the 4th dress I put on. I didn't even realize I wanted the dress I picked, the second I put it on I felt the "IT" feeling every bride talks about. I could see myself walking down the aisle, dancing in it, heck, I didn't want to take it off at all!

• C
    Newbie June 2022 Alberta
    Caitlin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I went to 4 places in one day and tried on probably around 40 dresses and it ended up being the very last one that I tried on that I fell in love with!

• N
    Curious June 2023 Ontario
    Nelly+Raquel ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    So far I have tried on 3 wedding dresses and I haven’t found the one yet
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Right! Everything happens for a reason. I remember being so sad about the first dress. Now I'm as much in love with the second one!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Lol I know trying to remever the exact number is hard!
    Aw well it's almost like it was meant to be that one day since you fell in love with another one at the last shop you went too!!! That sounds so amazing 🥰
  • Maggnard-Smanta
    Devoted July 2022 Quebec
    Maggnard-Smanta ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Under 10 dresses? I don't remember lol

I went to 3 different shops. Fell in love with one, but couldn't have it because they didn't have my size anymore and the alterations would have cost too much and I wasn't guaranteed the same end result.

Fell in love with another dress at the last shop I went too and said yes to the dress!

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Yes that definitely would of given you ideas what you perfer!! Oh wow that's alot to rent!
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    It was nice to try on which styles I liked at the store but the best I could find was to rent a dress for $1000 I couldn't do it
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Awww nice!!! 😊 that's good she found one so quickly!
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I'm not super happy having all the attention on me so that was alot to handle trying on dresses.. lol I feel that for sure!!! That's so interesting you found some online.
    That's amazing prices! Atleast That's not much to worry about for sure!
  • D
    Devoted September 2022 Alberta
    Derek ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancee went to 2 dress shops and said yes to the dress at the second one. I think she tried 3 or 4 in that particular shop.
  • Rayanne
    Master June 2022 Ontario
    Rayanne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I hated trying on dresses. I didn't find anything that didn't start at over a thousand dollars. I actually had more luck buying online. Though I did change my dress after I bought one. Even still both dresses were under $500 so I dont worry too much about the dress I'll never wear
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Aw nice that is amazing you found the one with the very first dress you tried on Smiley heart

• Amanda
    Curious November 2022 Ontario
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    5 in total & I bought the first one I tried on. It was/is absolutely perfect 🥰
  • Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha yes that is for sure the same as me... trying on everyone elses ideas and thoughts and different styles!

Oh my goodness, that must of been a moment for sure... clearly your mom sister and self knew what you would like better than the helper. but atleast you tried one! I did too and hated it soooo much haha.

I had one I loved it was super simple almost reminded me of getting married in a church and has POCKETS but that was for sure my moment of "im trying on dresses this is real" same with the dress I ended up getting... I felt that way before I got the belt and vieil on. once I got those on I had the "this is the one moment" It was amazing. Although my mom didnt cry with this one she cried with another lace one similar so she was all teared out hahaha Smiley xd

Oh my goodness this dress is stunning! its so pretty! you rock that princess dress girl! because you are a princess or even a queen on your wedding day! I love the simple yet so detailed parts of the dress!!!! OMG POCKETS are the best! Thats one thing I wish if i went the route of princess I would of gotten the one with pockets hahaha My dress is aline, leaf lace low back so it shows my tattoo on my shoulder and is form fitting to my waist then goes flowy with a slit its stunning! I also have a 2nd short to long dress with POCKETS I love it Smiley smile

• Hailey
    Hailey ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so great to hear Smiley heart I had no idea for a designer I just knew the style I wanted and fell inlove with something I never thought I would love haha

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics