Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Brittany
Newbie May 2019 Alberta

How did you pick a wedding date?

Brittany, on April 2, 2018 at 00:28

Posted in Plan a wedding 43

How did you pick a date? Did one just jump out at you? Did you just pick one at random or was there lots of thought put into it?

How did you pick a date? Did one just jump out at you? Did you just pick one at random or was there lots of thought put into it?

43 Comments

• Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked our month (May) and then eliminated any holidays and birthdays/anniversary's of family members which left us with May 25 weekend Smiley smile
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted to get married in the summer on the farm. His parents anniversary is the weekend before ours and my parents is the weekend after ours so we’re sandwiched in the middle of their anniversaries. Thought maybe it would be good luck aha
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted to get married in the summer. The venue we fell in love with had 2 Saturdays left. We wanted a Saturday because we figured out of town guests would only need to take the Friday off work for travel. The date we ended up choosing of those two is two days before our dating anniversary!

• Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We just picked a date in the summer at random. Decided to go with july so hopefully it didnt rain. And then when we told my mom and her husband the dates they said it didnt work for them because theyd be officiating at an international baseball tournament that weekend (my step dad has been running this tournament for 25 years so its kinda a big deal). So then we pushed the wedding back a week or so and ended up with our current date Smiley smile
  • Bethany
    Super July 2018 Alberta
    Bethany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ours stood out but we also decided we had to do summer. His family farms and my family have to travel from Ontario to Alberta. So spring, fall and winter were ruled out. And I didn't want to get married in June because my fiancé's brother got married in June two years ahead of us. So we went with the date that majorly stood out to us in July. We had over a year to plan though so we had time to book everything and not have to worry about availability. If you are looking at something for this year or early next year, you may have to worry about places/vendors being booked, so keep that in mind 😊. Happy planning!!
  • K
    Expert September 2018 British Columbia
    Kim ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We knew we wanted to skip the super busy season but still have nice weather, so we chose September for our wedding (May was a bit too soon for us). We didn't want the long weekend and FH's parents are going away later in the month, so we were looking at the 2nd or 3rd Sunday in September. The venue we liked was busy the 2nd Sunday, so we ended up taking the 3rd Sunday.

• Amanda
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Amanda ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I kinda have a small thing with mine... my FHs Birthday is 6/6, my birthday is 7/5, and we’re getting married 8/4. Looking back now, I honestly probably would have changed the date, but it’s no big deal.
  • Rhea
    Curious February 2019 British Columbia
    Rhea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted to pick a date close to our anniversary. We picked the first Saturday after and it just happened to be the same date that my fiancé proposed so worked out great.
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We wanted warm weather but not hot. We also wanted something close to our anniversary of our relationship and engagement. We also wanted a Saturday. So we looked at end of May, but might not have the weather so we looked at June but the second week was both our brothers birthday. End of June is sometimes too hot so we choose June 1. We got luck that our dream venue was available!
  • Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We had a general idea of when we wanted to get married (summer 2019) and just worked around from there based on availability from venues mostly.

What's your general ideal wedding date? Sometime in May 2019 I'm assuming? Smiley smile

• Jocelyn
    Beginner August 2018 Alberta
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We picked ours based the availability of our ceremony venue. The venue we choose was already quite booked before we selected our date.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics