Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Sasha
Frequent user June 2020 Ontario

How did you decide on your wedding date?

Sasha, on December 13, 2019 at 13:36 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 87

Just curious how did you all decide on your wedding date? was it based on venue availability? anniversary date? why that specific month? For me, I always wanted a June wedding and the venue we both loved only had the last weekend of June available.

87 Comments

Latest activity by Karina, on March 12, 2020 at 13:48
  • Karina
    Curious May 2021 Alberta
    Karina ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding date was chosen because it is special to us. We started dating on May 1st and then we looked and May 2nd is a weekend so we figured one day off would be ok! This way our two dates are close and can be celebrated together and are super special to us!

• Francesca
    Frequent user November 2020 Ontario
    Francesca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Funny story. People kept asking us when our wedding date was. We didn't have one because our date we originally wanted was our Anniversary date (April 15th) if we waited for that we wouldn't be getting married until 2023. He was getting annoyed with everyone asking us. We knew we wanted to get married in 2020. He randomly looked at everyone and said OKAY FINE ITS JULY 13TH. Ended up not being a weekend but June 13th was. So we stuck with June 13th, right in between both out birthdays in June Smiley xd

• Christianne
    Newbie May 2020 Ontario
    Christianne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It was based on availability for us. It was either September 2020 or May 2020. I wanted May 2020 but I thought my fiance would of thought it was too early as he proposed in January. We both looked at each other and said May 31, 2020! #whywait #whenyouknowyouknow

• Jamie
    Frequent user June 2022 British Columbia
    Jamie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours in June 26 2021. I think June is a good month to get married, just at the beginning of the summer Smiley heart

• Janaya
    Expert August 2019 Saskatchewan
    Janaya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Honestly, I always wanted to be married in August (I like the month) so we picked the 1st weekend! Smiley smile there was no real reason

I know a lot of people look at venders first to see what dates are open

• Elizabeth
    Frequent user August 2022 Alberta
    Elizabeth ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I’ve always wanted an August wedding and my lucky numbers are 3&7 so when the date 21/08/21 popped up and it was the 3rd weekend of the month and I noticed it would be my late uncles birthday, it felt right and natural.
  • Hayley
    Curious May 2021 British Columbia
    Hayley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I wanted to do it on the anniversary of moving to Canada with him, but ended up going one week earlier because it was $3k cheaper!! If the venue I love didn't have the date I would have just chosen another date as, for me, the place I get married at feels more important than the day.

If they have the last weekend in June then go for it! Will still be a June Wedding and it's as your favourite venue

• Desiree
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Desiree ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We knew we wanted a summer wedding, we would of like sept 3 on our anniversary date but it was to close to the kids going back to school and their were to many birthday’s in sept so we picked a month in the summer where we had no family birthday’s that landed us in aug so I then really wanted it to be the 7th or 11th we ended up with aug 7th 2021 because it fell on a Saturday and it had to be on the weekend
  • Heidi
    Frequent user July 2020 British Columbia
    Heidi ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Availability of places and also blocked off dates my family couldnt fly in

• Sadia
    Frequent user August 2021 Ontario
    Sadia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We started dating in April, but I knew it would be too cold for a spring wedding. So we definitely wanted to do July since, like someone else mentioned on here, it’s the hottest month. I’m having so much family fly in that I want to make sure they’ll be able to enjoy the weather here. Then we knew we wanted a Friday since it was cheaper than a Saturday, and since we’re having 3 events.
    I picked the 10th of July particularly because it happened to fall on a Friday, and because the 10th of January is my parents anniversary so it had a little ring to it. Similar but not the same.

It all worked out perfectly!
  • Sherisse
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Well we wanted a summer wedding, my fiancée loves the heat and July is usually the hottest month of the year. The year was a bit tricky, between work schedules and travelling for work we knew we’d have to plan it in advance so we were choosing between 2021 and 2022. The last key was my family, they all live abroad and we want to accommodate everyone so we chose 2022. July 3 2022
  • C
    Curious April 2020 Alberta
    Cassie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

A little bit of everything! We are getting married a week before our "dating" anniversary in Mexico. We had to choose that day because of booking restrictions and pricing. We also chose it so that once we get back we can do our legal ceremony on our "dating" anniversary. My fiancé says it's easier to remember the one day he already knows than add another date.

Good Luck!

• Candice
    Frequent user October 2021 Ontario
    Candice ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    A bit of everything. Venue availability is big, but also timing. For us, we work seasonally in another province and will not be home for the summer. We were between late April and let October around when we are gone. We selected October because my best friend was trying to get pregnant but wouldn’t have been able to make it to the April Wedding.
  • Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    July 27th is our anniversary as well Smiley smile what you chose is great. Worth the wait!
  • Lauren
    Curious July 2021 Ontario
    Lauren ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We wanted July 27th because it's our anniversary. July 27th fell on a Saturday in 2019, but we only got engaged at the beginning of March and felt like that was too short of notice. As a result, we chose July 25th since it's as close to the date as possible!

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's so nice - I wanted the first week of June as well but it was booked at my venue. I got the last week of June instead. Enjoy!

• Yvonne
    Newbie August 2020 Ontario
    Yvonne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We went for August 22nd 2020 based on our favorite venues availabilities and as well as we wanted to get married towards the end of summer.
  • Karine
    Newbie June 2021 Quebec
    Karine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We decided to get married June 6th because we realized that his grandparents got married june 6th
    56 years ago this year, we even picked the same exact hall they got married at because we fell in love with it. I also always wanted to get married in spring!
  • A
    Curious May 2022 Alberta
    April ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ours was based on our original venues availability. There are so many August anniversaries in my family too, so it feels a little special that way-even if it was completely random.

• Jasmine
    Newbie October 2020 Ontario
    Jasmine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date is October 3,2020. We both like October and the date means something to both of us. It was my grandparents wedding anniversary and it was his grandpa's birthday.
  • Beatriz
    Frequent user September 2020 Ontario
    Beatriz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Our date was dictated by our Venue! We booked the venue we loved and worked on the dates they had available that was not too soon but less than a year away.
  • Sherisse
    Curious September 2022 Ontario
    Sherisse ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well first we looked at our calendar and tried to figure out when would work for us; just month and year and then we coordinated with our jobs. I'm a traveling musician so I',m always out of town; once we narrowed that down we coordinated with family who live abroad. Then we took a look at our finances to see how much we'd need to spend and how long that would take and the TA DA! We came up with our date lol in a nutshell; first based on us, then work, family who will travel and finances and we came up with July 3rd 2022

• Sasha
    Sasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That's so nice! ☺
  • K
    Beginner August 2020 New Brunswick
    Karly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always dreamt of a fall wedding but since we have a child in grade 4 and will be getting married across the country we opted for summer. I looked at Saturday’s in July/August and 08.08.2020 felt the best Smiley smile
  • Jessica
    Beginner December 2019 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I always wanted a June wedding. When the time came, we decided it would be extra expensive to have the wedding at that time of year, on top of taking time off work during the busy season! So we opted for our anniversary as a wedding date instead, for a December wedding! Now I’m really happy with the decision because our wedding got to be so different and unique, and every year for our anniversary, there will be family time & the world will be sparkly for the Christmas holidays! Whatever you choose will work out ☺️
  • Amelia
    Master October 2020 New Brunswick
    Amelia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Ours is similar! 10.02.20 Smiley smile
  • Jacquelyn
    Newbie October 2020 Alberta
    Jacquelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My fiancé wanted a day that would be easy for him to remember plus you can get great discounts for having your wedding on a weekday. So he chose 10/20/2020.
  • Stephanie
    Beginner August 2021 New Brunswick
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

We didn't want it to be on a long weekend or near three different birthdays. This helped narrow it down.

• Jessica
    Newbie August 2021 British Columbia
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose my parents wedding anniversary because their marriage is always something I aspired to have myself and it felt special to share the day with them ❤️
  • Sarah
    Expert July 2021 Ontario
    Sarah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    So true thank you ❤️
  • Meg
    Newbie August 2020 Manitoba
    Meg ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    August 29 will look really elegant in a script font for your invites. 😊 At the end of the day, whatever is chosen in the long run will be the most important date for the 2 of you. And every number chosen will sound special because you made it that way. ❤
  • Milja
    Newbie July 2021 Ontario
    Milja ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    We chose the first Saturday after my fiancé’s son graduated high school. That’s the right time to be able to move in together after the wedding.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics