Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Lori
Curious September 2017 Ontario

Help! ~wedding favours~

Lori, on February 9, 2017 at 07:50 Posted in Plan a wedding 0 10

Hi =)

Quick question for you. Who do the wedding favours go to? I'm I supposed to give one to EVEYONE that comes....or just the people that are coming for the ceremony?

Reason I'm asking is because if I give one to everyone, it will be approx 100 ppl in total by the end of the night but, if I only do the people at the ceremony and dinner it would be half that and obviously cheaper. I don't wan't to be too cheap but, there is a budget! =D

TIA!

10 Comments

Latest activity by Emilie, on February 10, 2017 at 06:07
  • Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Lori! Welcome to the community! Smiley heart I'm so happy to read you around here Smiley smile It's usually best to give favours to all your guests during the reception. You can also choose to give 1 favour per couple instead of per guest to stay within your budget. You can take a look at these ideas for cheap but cool wedding favours:

6 favours using Mason Jars

Low-cost wedding favours?

Wedding favours

What type of favours would you like to give? Do you prefer edibles or something material? Smiley smile

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Everyone who attends our wedding will be getting a favour Smiley smile

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha thanks! Some venues even offer to set them up for you, since they are so popular now-a-days. I personally would rather pay a company for the candy and set up (that way they can make sure it's fresh and I'm not scrambling to buy a BUNCH of candy the week of the wedding), but I would want to personalize the bags (even if it's just a personalized sticker)

• Lynz
    Frequent user April 2018 Ontario
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I dont know if you have tried www.creativebag.com but they have some good priced ideas for favors...like mini monogram chocolates. Check them out if you and maybe they can help
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I would give a favour to everyone who attends, or every couple if it is something that a household really only needs one of (bottle openers, salt and pepper etc.) Especially if you are having a tiered reception, I would suggest making all of your guests feel included in the favours.

Food favours tend to go over well, they can be inexpensive and are easy to assemble yourself. Why not get little bags (check out 50% off coupons for micheals!) and fill them with jelly beans (or whatever) Tie the top with a little ribbon and a thank you tag (print them at home!) and you are done Smiley smile easy, yummy, and inexpensive.

• Lynz
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Wow what DIY skills lol i was going to have them made or buy the bags and print on them myself. I also found a compnay that will do the candy bar all for me and for a reasonable price. So it will all be based on cost...and if i really want to do it all myself...
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I made them Smiley smile Found a template online, fixed it up and personalized it and then printed, cut, assembled and filled with Nerds! Took like 2 ink cartridges though HAHA but I had a hook up for that part Smiley winking

Are you making/personalizing the bags/boxes for your candy bar?

• Lynz
    Lynz ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I am doing a candy bar as my Favors so people can take what they would like at the end... Valerie where did you have those made?!! Awesomeee ☺
  • Kacy
    VIP February 2019 Quebec
    Kacy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's kind of up to you! I've seen favours go to every person who attended the dinner (since the favours were on the table), or one favour per couple or family that they can pick up at the end of the night. I have also seen people who didn't give out favours per second, but made either a collective donation, or a donation in the same of the invitee/family. But I don't see why you couldn't just do those who attend the ceremony and dinner, especially if they are given the favours directly. I suppose that if the favours were just out on a table for them to pick up it could get a bit tricky as those for whom you don't have favours would perhaps find out and feel left out? But anyways, it's your day, do what you want and can afford! Let us know what you end up doing! Did you have any ideas what you wanted to do for favours?
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Well usually it's everyone but it's not usually an issue as it is common for people to be invited to all parts of the wedding.

I would say to do them for everyone and just pick a less expensive option. You can easily get 100 favours for $200 and under!

Heck I made 90 for under $30!

Favour Box

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics