Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Melissa
VIP June 2017 Ontario

Wedding favours

Melissa, on October 6, 2016 at 08:59 Posted in Wedding reception 0 30

Last night my Fiance and I were talking about the wedding favours- we had already decided on Yellow Heart cookies, two or three for each guest In paper bags stamped with "thank you". and he brought up that he would like to do soemthing a little more his style.

We decided that maybe we will do the yellow hearts as "my" cookie, and Green Dinosaurs as "his"cookie....something like below. Is that just too silly? We are pretty easy going people, and I am not taking things too seriously as we plan, because I want our wedding to be quirky and fun....but do I draw the line at childish cookies?

My main hesitation is that while not very serious, I want an elegant feeling at our wedding, and silly cookies might take away from that.

Am I being too fussy?

Dino Cookies

Dino Cookies

Yellow Heart Cookie

Yellow Heart Cookie

30 Comments

Latest activity by Natasha, on November 18, 2016 at 14:30
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha HA YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Smiley xd

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ha! You bet!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Go for it .. as long as u send me a cookie !!Smiley laugh

• Chelsea
    Master August 2017 Ontario
    Chelsea ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I think you should go for it! It is your special day and to have anything that represents who you are will make it special Smiley smile
  • Maly
    Devoted September 2017 Ontario
    Maly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Cute!!! Go for it!! Personal touches are what weddings are all about!! Xo
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Nice to "meet" you Terry!

Thank you for the support! The more ladies chime in the, more confidence I'm getting in the idea. Smiley laugh

• Terry
    Frequent user May 2017 Quebec
    Terry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It is YOUR day and I think a wedding should represent the couple. If you guys are easy going people and like having fun and being silly , then dinosaurs cookies it is !!
  • Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You are welcome Melissa!Smiley smile I think you should go with what you feel is right for you! You can never go wrong with cookies as you can design it the way you feel.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Simone! I think we will- perhaps not glamourous or sophisticated- but it suits us! Smiley smile

• Simone
    Master August 2017 Manitoba
    Simone ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa,

I like the cookie idea as it is personal and creative. Smiley smile I say go for it!

• Alley
    Curious September 2017 Ontario
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Great! So glad I could help you out. Show up some pics of your cookie creations!
  • Victoria
    Frequent user September 2018 Ontario
    Victoria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding favours will be disposable cameras, we will give them to our guests before the ceremony when we will do a receiving line

• S
    Newbie February 2017 Newfoundland and Labrador
    Sheena ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Nah. Your day your cookie. I think it's cute. I'm currently not doing any wedding favor and that the way I want it. Simple.
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thank you Alley- I needed that reminder. I don't wan to steal his bitd of fun with the wedding- it can be ass fun and off beat as we like Smiley smile

Thanks again! that helped a lot! - I think I mgiht test run each design and decide based on time

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Haha ya good point! I think we worry to much about what our guests will think and how the will react when really when it comes down to it it's you and your husbands day your the ones paying for it. It should be about you guys and you should be able to put your own personal stamp on the day if people don't like it too bad they can do their own weddings how they prefer, if this is how your fiancée wants to incorporate himself into this I would let him! That being said those bird cookies you posted are soo cute!
  • Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Our wedding is pretty simple, and down to earth, that is why I am wondering if I am being unfair in saying no to cute little dinos. My FH is a goofball, and everyone knows that, so I think everyone will know where the idea came from.

I want him to put his mark on the wedding too! I want to to be about both of us, not just my selfish vision of what it should look like....but dinos are just out there! I never thought that the most stressful part of planning this wedding would be a dumb cookie!

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Whoa! That is super cool! great find!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Thanks Emilie! I just hate that I have to upload the picture rather than just use it in the thread.

I found this picture/template on Pinterest and thought it fit with us having gaming things and being "nerds"

Nerds Favors

Nerds Favors

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Valerie Smiley heart I love the idea!

These love birds are really cute! Smiley love

I edited your comment and inserted the picture directly, since it's easier for people to see your idea instead of copy pasting the link.

I love when you share ideas like these! It really helps and it's inspiring! Smiley smile

I really like your idea of using Nerds as wedding favours, I haven't eaten those in years!

How will you customize them for your favours?

• Emilie
    Featured Quebec
    Emilie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Hi Melissa Smiley heart

I agree that the dino might not fit with an elegant theme, but you could still have something more like it that matches your whimsical wedding tastes.

I really like Valerie's idea of the love birds, they could be two different cookies that complete each other. Maybe like two half hearts each with their own designs? Smiley heart

I thought maybe you could also like these ideas:

10 original edible wedding favours

Will you write anything special on the cookies or the favours' bag? Smiley smile

• Alley
    Alley ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I agree with Valerie. It might be too silly but it depends how the rest of your wedding is like it it's very elegant and fancy then I would say definitely not or if it's more down to earth and rustic then they might be okay?
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

No problem glad to help

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That is so nice! Thanks Nelly!I like the hearts - and I'm pretty sure the tux is chocolate! Yum!
    I'll pitch these to my fiance and see what he thinks
  • Nelly
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Nelly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I saw these cookies and I thought of you

edible wedding favours

edible wedding favours

heart shaped cookies

heart shaped cookies

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mario Kart is a fun game though- so I support you 100%. I think you have great ideas! Will the games in the center be play-able, or just for decoration? Will the cake topper be Mario and Peach?

What might you do for the nerds boxes? I haven't had those in years! I might need to go get some now...

The clinky kiss is less desireable, I agree- I think dice is a good alternative.

We aren't having a formal dinner- which apparently is crazy to a lot of our friends, we are only inviting our guests to the reception, which will be a cocktail dance party. Our songs list is mostly 80's and 90's...all of the wonderful/awful songs you can think of!

I am just freaked out by the production and traditions (mostly the origins of traditions) surrounding weddings, and prefer to keep the ceremony private. We are a private couple and declaring my very personal feelings in front of a million people is unsettling.

I'm not sure anything other than the reception is really that quirky- we are just trying to be true to what would make us happiest.

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I understand completely! My centerpieces are custom board games, the table numbers are on silhouettes of video game duos, we'll have a mario cake topper, I think I'm going to make custom Nerds boxes for the favours, and I'm setting up Mario Kart in one of the corners of the reception (probably the one thing that crosses the line away from classy... but I dislike dancing, so it's totally for me). Oh and weère thinking that instead of glass clinking to get us to kiss (I personally hate that tradition), I'm going to get a large inflatable die and have people roll it (they would have to roll a 6 for a kiss). I think that's all...

What quirky things are you doing?

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

So you totally understand the fun/ formal idea! How are you incorporating your theme and keeping it classy?

I love the love birds! I might just steal that idea- they are too cute- fun and still classy!

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Haha, I know what you mean! I mean I'm having gaming (video and board) elements in my wedding, but I still want it to be classy and formal... you can have both and still be fun! I agree though, it is kind of silly all around. I found these on pinterest trying to find a more formal dino cookie. They are adorable:

Love Birds Cookies

But I think a good compromise is to make some special just for him but stick with something more formal for guests.

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh A tux would be cute, but still kind of goofy. I feel like I might be being a diva about it- they are just cookies- but I really don't imagine lizzards as part of my pretty wedding! I swear I'm a fun person, but that is just a bit much.

Any idea how I can nicely tell my FH he might have to settle for green and yellow hearts? I'm happy to make a few dinos just for him! That is fair, right?

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I personally think they are a bit silly, especially if you are going for something a bit more elegant. Do you have a theme where it can be more his style but still on theme? Or maybe have the dino in a little tux.. class him up a bitSmiley winking

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics