Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Samara
Frequent user July 2017 Alberta

Low-cost wedding favours?

Samara, on December 5, 2016 at 10:14 Posted in DIY 0 30

I don't care a lot about having favours, but, if I were to use them, what are some great low-cost favours I could buy/make that are not too difficult? (I don't mind assembly, but I'm already going to be making a ton of paper flowers.) I have about 50 people at the wedding, so I want to keep the cost down to about $2 CAD / person.

30 Comments

Latest activity by Erin, on March 24, 2017 at 15:48
  • Erin
    Expert September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

You could do a jar of jam - i was looking into jam favours and I was quoted $1.50 per jar for a 2 oz jar. You could also do a donation to a charity, or a shot glass - i know creative bag wedding has these online.

• C
    Newbie June 2017 Alberta
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have contacted some local honey farmers in Alberta and am going to do little jars of honey. I've been quoted between $1.10 and $1.75/45mL jars. I find food favors will always get eaten. Check out Off The Farm Honey and Riverside Farms Honey.

• Daphne
    Super July 2017 British Columbia
    Daphne ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

From weddings I've been to, some of the best favours I've received/seen are ones that aren't expensive and not wasteful (i.e. people will end up using them, so definitely not money wasted):

- coffee beans wrapped up in a cellophane package with a cute note about needing a good cup, or two, the morning after the wedding.

- small organza bag (probably from dollar store, but who cares, still looked awesome) filled with essentials for that night and/or next day, such as hair eleastic, tea bags, chocolates, mints, etc.

- donation to a charity close to the couples heart in the name of their guests. Ok, so this one ends up possibly being a little more expensive, but helping others in need is a gesture that just gives back in so many ways.

• Jknbhjbb
    Frequent user July 2017 Ontario
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thnx! I figured since it's a summer wedding they'd suit it perfectly. And I'm pretty sure the flowers come up every year once they're planted
  • Annie
    Beginner July 2017 Alberta
    Annie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    That's a great idea!!
  • Salume
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Salume ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Thanks! I hope it will work out!
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    It's such a toss up between these and the candies that were shared here too
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Umm that game sounds amazing! Please do let me know what you think of it!!
  • Tiffany
    Devoted September 2018 Quebec
    Tiffany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    One of my friend's did 2 Hershey kisses on a plastic spoon (in the wedding color) and made a tag for it that read "A spoonful of kisses from the Mr and Mrs". My cousin put two red kisses together on a stem to make a closed rose. They would've be expensive per person.
  • Samtam
    VIP November 2016 British Columbia
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Aw I love the "watch love grow!"

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Puns are the best! I just got my husband the game "Punderdome" for his bday so we'll see what puns he can come up with! I'll let you know if it's good! Smiley winking

• Samtam
    Samtam ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

That's such a cool idea! And that's awesome that your guests will have a piece of your garden to take home with them!

• Cheryl
    Expert December 2017 British Columbia
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You're very welcome!
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Just checked it out briefly, these are absolutely adorable! Such a good idea.

Thank you for sharing this!!!!

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Here's the linkhttp://www.candywarehouse.com/buffet-builder/build/?Department-Themes-Filter=Thank%20You%20Candy&sort=priceasc
    I'm soooo sorry! I wound up mixing the two candies prices together by accident
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Where did you find this? Can you post the link??

• Cheryl
    Cheryl ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I was just searching for some! I found really cute little candies that say Thank You! $5 for 200!!
  • Jknbhjbb
    Jknbhjbb ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I found these recycled paper hearts on ebay that have flower seeds inside of them.

They're cheap and super cute. You can also add a little tag on them like "watch love grow" or something you like.

Once we get closer to our date i'll be ordering these.

• Tanya
    Curious October 2017 Ontario
    Tanya ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I found these awesomely cute mason jar salt and pepper shakers. they are mini and can easily double as shot glasses. they are $2 a set at the dollar store near my house. I plan on asking them if they can do a cheaper price since I'll be buying in bulk (80). If that doesn't work out I plan on something eatable, love the smores. maybe tea packaged all cute with some biscuits and some clever pun. all our guests are either English or carribean and alll love tea lol.
  • Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Smiley heart

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

my wedding pum " to have and to hold and to keep your beer cold " lol

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

HAHA thanks! Puns are the best, and wedding favour puns are just the most fun!!

• Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

ha ha I love a good Pun also ... I totally love your nerds Idea !

• Valerie
    VIP April 2017 Ontario
    Valerie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Oh there's so much you can do for under $2/person! Do you have a theme or decor motif?

I'm making boxes of Nerds (because we have some gaming things in the wedding and family is always calling us nerds), I'm printing and assembling the boxes myself and then I found large boxes of the candy at the dollar store to fill them with. They should cost me approx .30 cents/person!! (and a whole lot of time)

I looked into lip balms that say "Our love is the balm" (I love a good pun!!), you can find them on Etsy. People sell the lip balm with the custom label, or just the label and you can stick them on whatever lip balm you'd like.

Also you can to the "mint to be" idea Laura mentioned, I've also seen it done on packs of tic tacs (again, just a sticker you put on the package)

• Salume
    Frequent user May 2020 Alberta
    Salume ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Something I'm considering just because I have lots of time, is growing succulents and planting them in small jars I will be keeping from yogurt or even spices. My succulents have lots of babies anyway and those jars are already paid for! So no real extra cost unless I decide to head to the dollar store or even ikea for some colorful pebbles or something. I'm not sure how practical it would be at the end but I thought I'd share the idea anyway! Smiley smile

Low-cost wedding favours? - 1

Low-cost wedding favours? - 2
  • Natasha
    VIP August 2017 Ontario
    Natasha ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

These are cute and would be super cheap to assemble 50 of them

Favour ..cheap neat idea

Favour ..cheap neat idea

• Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Oh or you can make a donation as well!
  • Lisa
    VIP May 2018 Ontario
    Lisa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I read this article on Popsugar and it had tonnes of great ideas! I saw match books and I remember getting them back in the day and I'm finally using my last match book.
    The other one I remember seeing were seeds for planting! I thought it was super cute!!!
    Here's the link.
    http://www.popsugar.com/smart-living/cheap-wedding-favors-34534131?slide=opening-slide
    Hope it helps!

• Laura
    Super September 2017 Alberta
    Laura ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I've seen some really cute one with a roll of life savers or some other mint and just a sticker around them that says Mint to be that I thought shouldn't be too expensive or difficult to make. Or anything you make yourself. My cousin had little jars of salsa, jam and chokecherry syrup that she made for favours. The cost there would be the jar since she makes all those things anyway. I also had friends that burned a CD of all their favourite songs for everyone.

I am struggling with this one too. Do I need them? If I need them how to I keep costs down since I have spent the bulk of my money on food and photos Smiley smile

• Melissa
    VIP June 2017 Ontario
    Melissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Cookies! Bake 'em yourself for a personal touch, a couple of batches won'y cost much, and 2-3 per person is easy enough.

Otherwise, you can skip them, I know a lot of people don't bother anymore.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics