Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

A
Curious August 2019 Ontario

Help me pick my dress!

Alexandra, on July 27, 2018 at 08:05 Posted in Wedding fashion 0 37
Hey brides!
I am having a bit of trouble. I found 3 dresses I absolutely love. However, my bridal party and mom are all split between the three being a favorite. I'm having a tough time deciding so I thought I would crowd source for some more opinions!
They go by most favorite to least favorite in this order:
1. Princess Ballgown -my fav and MOH fav
2. Mermaid with glitter -bridesmaids fav and FMIL fav
3. A-line with lace -moms fav

Please let me know your thoughts and opinions!

Help me pick my dress! 1

Help me pick my dress! 2

Help me pick my dress! 3

37 Comments

Latest activity by Marcia, on August 15, 2018 at 11:56
  • Marcia
    Super August 2018 Manitoba
    Marcia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I love them all! Number 3 is my favourite because of your beautiful smile!! Smiley smile

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

And I'll round up the brides!

• Gabbie
    Frequent user June 2019 Nova Scotia
    Gabbie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I don't know if it's because you're absolutely beaming on the third one, but that would be my choice for you. You look stunning in all 3 Smiley smile

• Madge
    Curious July 2019 Ontario
    Madge ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    The third one is amazing !
  • Megann
    Frequent user September 2018 New Brunswick
    Megann ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Number 2. It fits your body so well Smiley smile
  • Julie
    Expert March 2019 Ontario
    Julie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My favorite is your smile in dress 3 but I also think dress 1 is gorgeous on you. 👰
  • T
    Frequent user August 2018 British Columbia
    Terri ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    You’re smile in number three screams dress three!!
  • Maria
    Beginner April 2023 Quebec
    Maria ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I love # 3 best because I find it compliments you very well. But if you love number 1 that’s the one you should take. It’s your wedding and your comfort is the most important.
  • Julia
    Frequent user July 2019 Ontario
    Julia ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    If number 1 is your fave go with that one! Its beautiful on you!
  • Michelle
    Super September 2018 Alberta
    Michelle ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Love the first one!!! All 3 look stunning on you, but number 1 for sure

• Jennifer
    Frequent user February 2024 Ontario
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Number 1 is my vote, looks absolutely stunning!! Number 3 is my second choice but honestly #1 is the winner in my eyes. At the end of the day you gotta pick what you love cause it's your day, forget what everyone else thinks. Just ask yourself if you went alone with no one else which one would you pick for yourself and that's your dress!
  • Bell
    Beginner September 2018 Manitoba
    Bell ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Love the first! But you look over the moon in the third (also gorgeous) so Id suggest going with the dress that brings you the most joy
  • Kayla
    Devoted September 2017 Alberta
    Kayla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Ball gown. I love it on you!

• Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Honestly, the smile on your face wearing the last one says it all! It looks like that's the one YOU love!
    It also happens to be my favourite out of the three!
  • Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It doesn't matter if it was the first dress or the last! I bought the second dress I tried on. I do agree that both look nice on you!

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

It definitely made me super emotional and cry a couple tears. However, it was also the FIRST dress I tried on! I really like the Mermaid style on as well. Its much more old Hollywood glam. hence the tough decision! But Thanks!!!!!

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

If it made you cry then I think you have found it!

• Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    No problem. You do look great in all of them. I would say start to consider how comfy the dress will be to wear all day and dance in all night. And again if your town and they are a complete draw go with your gut and which one you love most.
  • A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That is so flattering! Thank you!
    I'm super torn between the Ballgown and mermaid. I'm leaning towards Ballgown, it just seems to fit my fairytale wedding theme and ballroom venue so well! Plus it makes my waist look itty bitty!
  • Clarissa
    Expert October 2018 Saskatchewan
    Clarissa ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    They all look great so I’m gonna day the first one since it’s your favourite. When in doubt go with the one you love.
  • Allison
    Master October 2019 Ontario
    Allison ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm between the first and second one on you... but if your favourite is the first one you should go with that!

• Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

The first one you said is your favourite, so I think that's your answer!

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Sorry for making you word it all! I think I was having the same problem, trying to figure out which one I like LESS.

I can definitely move and sit in the mermaid. It was a little hard to sit with the sample dress on, because they had to clip the back like crazy, but I definitely think I have room to move and sit. Also I did not think about a bra... very helpful!

Same with the ballroom, crazy amounts of room to move and honestly, it was so comfortable. My mom couldn't believe it was, because there was so much fabric, but it honestly didn't even feel heavy to me! Warmer might be OK, we are doing an August wedding, ceremony is outside but reception will have AC!

And thanks so much for the mom advice. I think I try to please my mom to much, but I really do not want to buy a dress just for her and regret it later!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Haha, you would ask me to put it into words. Let's see if I can do this...I'll start with the pros of each dress, in my opinion:

Ballgown - your favourite, lovely beading, accentuates your narrow waist, easy to sit in.

Mermaid - VERY flattering to your entire figure - va va voom, baby! Your body looks killer. More modern styling than the ballgown. Straps/sleeves (so you can wear a bra with clear straps, woot!). Your face looks happier in this picture.

Now, cons in my opinion -

Ballgown - The design of the beading makes me see targets on your boobs (Sorry if that's too blunt!). Probably will be warmer (may or may not be a problem depending on when/where you are getting married).

Mermaid - Can you sit in it? Very important!

I really believe you need to go with what makes you feel happiest, though. Make sure you can move in it (sit, dance, eat, walk, etc). If you don't like the third one at all, then take it off your list (regardless of what your mom says - I had to shut her down more than once while dress shopping with me because she liked a style I -hated- on me).

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you!

May I ask why you like it better than the ballgown? Those are my top two so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

• Peggy
    Super May 2019 Alberta
    Peggy ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

It really should be what YOU feel best in.

Now, that being said - my gut reaction is #2, the mermaid. You look STUNNING in it.

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thanks! I do like the other dresses! However I think I am having the hardest time between the first and second. I love the Ballgown and always imagined myself in a big princess dress. The mermaid one is so Hollywood glam and you cant see in the picture but it has a layer of sequins under the whole thing so it sparkles like no tomorrow.

However my mom LOVES the lace one and is adamant that THAT is my dress, even though I feel the least bridal in it. It's frustrating because I wish she felt the same way about the ballgown that I do.

Thanks for the comments and opinion!

• Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I could pretty much stop reading after you said "my fav". That's it then. You will never please everyone, but YOU have to love it and feel good. If you do, you've found your dress!
    I love the ballgown anyways. It's beautiful!
  • Tori
    Top October 2019 Manitoba
    Tori ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

YOLO! lol Go with your favourite!!! If when you do get it back and it looks too big then you can always take some of the tulle out which is what I did for my graduation dress a few years ago Smiley smile I only took out a layer or two but definitely could have taken out more.

Help me pick my dress! 4

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

That's crazy! I spoke with my planner this week and she told me August is the most popular month by far now! We should start a club. I'll order the jackets! lol

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

August is such a good time for a wedding! I'm surprised I haven't found more wedding month twins out there!

• A
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

Thank you! Smiley smile I thought I look beautiful and it made me so emotional, but my mum insisted it is too much fabric and I will look like a giant cupcake since I am so short (5' 4")!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics