Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Candace
VIP May 2019 Ontario

Hair styles

Candace, on April 14, 2018 at 17:51 Posted in Beauty 0 35
How in the world did anyone choose their hair styles? I think I want it half up and half down but I'm honestly so lost lol

35 Comments

Latest activity by Holly, on May 1, 2018 at 23:40
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    That was my problem too, I figured I can still ahve the short down that I want and not cover up any dress details! You're welcome 😊
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I never thought about an off to the side hair style, I think that's the solution I needed! I wanted my hair half up half down but then I found a dress with a fancy back that I don't want to cover up much, thanks!!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    Those are such cute styles! I especially like the first one !!
  • Holly
    VIP June 2019 Ontario
    Holly ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I have long hair and I love the back of my dress so I want want my hair to cover it too much. I was thinking maybe a half up, half down look. Or a off to the side pony kind of style, or a bun/updo like the pictures I've added.

Hair styles 1

Hair styles 2

Hair styles 3
  • Kay
    Devoted September 2018 Nova Scotia
    Kay ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I have shaved back/sides, with a bit of length on top. I think I'm going to try and get extensions for the wedding, and get a cool braid going... Kind of like these (I realize the last one is a man, but is helps with the visual!!) The first picture is closest to the cut I have! I don't have a "hawk" so I don't have length going down the back of my head. It is all shaved there too.

Simple braidHair styles 4

omg purple! Hair styles 5

man braid! hah!Hair styles 6

• Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm honestly very open with this. I'm not fond of my hair completely up, but my hair is so think and short that I really don't have too many options.

I have been emailing a bridal stylist to try and see if she has any recommendations to help my situation!

• Charmaine
    Curious September 2018 Ontario
    Charmaine ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm doing a high bun with a crown for the wedding. During the reception I will change into my second outfit and then wear my hair down minus the crown for the party.

• Leah
    VIP April 2019 British Columbia
    Leah ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Likely up with an adornment, for the ceremony and down and wild for the rehearsal dinner. I love how the baby’s breath in Solange’s wedding fro looked like a constellation.

Pinterest is a great source for (dread)locked updo styles!

Hair styles 7
  • Stephanie
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I'm the same... my hair wont hold a curl for anyone : (

I also can't stand my hair fully back though which also makes things complicated hahah!

I have been thinking something like the attached to keep it simple! I have already stared emailing some bridal stylist for help and most have come back asking if I'm open to extension ahahaha!

Simple style! Add a hairpiece and veil! Hair styles 8

Image found on Instagram!

• Alexis
    Devoted October 2018 Ontario
    Alexis ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I suggest trials in advance! I had an idea of what I wanted, but also trusted my hairstylist's creative judgement. We tried something, discussed potential tweaks for the day of, and recorded those notes. I'm going with low updo, with a braid and looser/messier than what we trailed.

Hair styles 9
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    You are so funny. LOL. I think you would be very pretty with your hair up. Smiley smile
  • Cherry
    Devoted October 2019 Quebec
    Cherry ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Mine will be a total updo considering the wedding will be outdoor and in August. But I will only find out if my stylist will be able to make something like these on June next year during the trial.

Updo 1. Hair styles 10

Source of picture from Andrew Harback Photography I found in Google Search.

Updo 2Hair styles 11

Source of picture from Pinterest through Google Search.

• Amber
    Devoted September 2018 Alberta
    Amber ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair is very fine so it doesn't hold curl very well and any curl will just fall so leaving it down was out. I think a low pulled back style is very elegant and it is a lasting style for my hair type. And a bonus is that it is off my neck and out of my face so it will be cooler if it is hot out.
  • Stephanie
    Master July 2018 Alberta
    Stephanie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

All I know is I want an updo. I'm not much of a hair/make-up person so I have an idea of what I like and let the professional know that. I plan on letting her know a few things at the trial and see what she comes up with! I honestly do this every time and have never been disappointed! Only once did I have photos of styles I liked; every other time I just said "this is what I like, this is what I don't like"

• Erin
    Master September 2017 Ontario
    Erin ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I think some of the choice is influenced by how you normally deal with your hair. I am someone who hates having their hair in the face so I knew that I would want an updo from the start. I also knew that it could potentially be pretty windy where we were getting married so I didn't want my hair flying in my face during photos.

I looked into a bunch of different styles online and had some pictures with me of what I wanted for my hair trial. My stylist asked what kind of dress I would be wearing and when and where the wedding was taking place and then we talked about what would work best. I was very happy with the outcome and she asked tons of questions which reassured me.

• Jen
    VIP June 2018 Ontario
    Jen ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    I went in with a few pictures that I liked that I found online and my hair dresser played off of them and created something on her own. I wanted half up/half down and needed somewhere to attach my veil to. This is what she came up with.

Hair styles 12

Hair styles 13

• Bianca
    Master August 2019 Ontario
    Bianca ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message

I have literally all the same problems with my hair/face/fiancé's preference as you do. Throw in the fact that my hair gets tangled if it's down for too long, I'm stuck doing somewhat of an up-do if I plan to keep my hair long. If I cut my hair shorter, I can keep it down.

• Valérie
    VIP September 2019 Quebec
    Valérie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

My hair is too fine for an up-do and I don't plan on growing out my hair for the wedding. So I'm thinking of having loose curls and one side pulled back with a nice hair comb or pin - similar to the picture:

Hair styles 14

• Jessica
    Super March 2018 Ontario
    Jessica ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I really wanted half-up/half-down but my hair is quite thin so I knew there wouldn't be much to work with, so I had to decide between all down or an up-do. I decided for an up-do since I didn't want my hair to be swept up by the wind all day or get really sweaty while I was dancing. It also happened to go quite nicely with my dress, so that's how I made the decision.

• Sammie
    Frequent user July 2018 Alberta
    Sammie ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My hair will be a combo of these 2. After many hours on Pinterest and in front of mirror lol

Hair styles 15

Hair styles 16
  • Maegan
    Super July 2018 British Columbia
    Maegan ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Ive decided to go with a half up half down.... I was considering an updo but after seeing photos of myself in a friends wedding with an updo i decided against it. My face looks much more pudgy with all my hair up!

So i will be going with one of these 2 options... Will decide after my hair trial and i try both out!

Hair styles 17

Hair styles 18
  • Lyla
    Devoted July 2018 Alberta
    Lyla ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Im choosing an updo because it looks good with my dress.. as for the specific style, I definitely recommend doing atleast two hair trials! I’ve done two so far and I’m leaning closer to my first style, but would like to try atleast one more before choosing Smiley smile
  • Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I feel like a chipmunk when I tie my hair up some days lol! I much prefer my hair down.
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I also have a really round face so I'm for sure not having an updo 😬
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    This is really cute!
  • Candace
    VIP May 2019 Ontario
    Candace ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    View quoted message
    I think this is sort of what I'm leaning towards as well
  • Courtney
    Super July 2018 Ontario
    Courtney ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

I'm getting married in July and have fairly frizzy/curly hair so I knew I wanted it up, off my neck and not becoming a big puff ball.

From there I looked on pintrest for updos and looked for something that fit my dress/theme. I then tried to two different styles with my hairstylist and decided I liked a lowbun better.

• Alexandra
    VIP November 2019 British Columbia
    Alexandra ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    My face is too round so I don’t look good when my hair’s pulled off my face and my fiancé prefers when it’s down too. But I don’t want it to just sit down in curls, so I’m going for a half up/down look. I trust my hair stylist a lot because she’s a really good family friend and she did my grad hair beautifully and I’ve yet to have been let down by her, so I’m going to take her opinion into account once I’ve showed her the dress.
  • Jocelyn
    Expert August 2018 Ontario
    Jocelyn ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Mine are inspired by the following:

Hair styles 19

Hair styles 20

Hair styles 21
  • Brittany
    British Columbia
    Brittany ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content

Things to consider: how does your hair hold curl/shape when styled? (does it fall out easily? will your curls be gone before the reception starts?) what does the top of your dress look? (straps/strapless? back details?) what jewelry are you wearing? (bigger/smaller, just earrings? necklace?)

Generally, doing an up-do is more concrete for the life of the day. My cousin did a half up/half down, and we had to go back to her hotel room between the ceremony and reception to re-curl the hair that was down.

Bridal Up-DoHair styles 22Hair DownHair styles 23

• Becky
    VIP September 2019 Ontario
    Becky ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Going to wear mine half up and down, love the braid look in there somewhere but the loose look of how it’s pulled out.
  • Jennifer
    Super August 2018 Alberta
    Jennifer ·
    • Dispute
    • Hide content
    Lol me too!! I think I want half up half down as well or all down but I think a hair trial will help me decide

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

Groups

WeddingWire Article Topics